Thread: Roger Goodell Blows

Threads : 70

Default Roger Goodell Blows

GEORGETOWN, Ky. -- Linebacker Rey Maualuga of the Cincinnati Bengals has been fined two game checks by the NFL and will forfeit an additional portion of his signing bonus for 2010 for a drunk-driving violation.

Maualuga was fined by the NFL on Tuesday under the league's substance abuse policy. He will forfeit two weeks' worth of his 2010 bonus, as well.

The second-year player from Southern California pleaded guilty to drunken driving in February and received a suspended sentence. Police said he hit a parking meter and two parked cars in northern Kentucky. He was charged with drunken and careless driving.

The NFL was considering a one-game suspension for Maualuga but decided against it after listening to the arguments of his attorney, David Cornwell, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The 2009 second-round pick had a productive rookie season for the reigning AFC North champions, recording 63 tackles and one sack.

But the Jan. 29 incident put a blemish on his fast start. He ended up with two years' probation and a revoked driver's license.

He underwent treatment at a Charleston, S.C., facility while working to improve his left ankle that was fractured in December.

Maualuga is the second Bengal to escape suspension this summer. The first was running back Cedric Benson.

Commissioner Roger Goodell said in a statement last Friday that he's satisfied Benson understands his responsibilities as an NFL player and a public figure. Benson met with Goodell and other league officials two weeks ago.

Police in Austin, Texas, charged Benson with misdemeanor assault last month for allegedly punching a bar employee in the face. Benson has denied the charge
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have no problem with Big Ben being suspended. However he was never charged.
    This guy was smashed and lucky he didnt hurt anyone and gets a slap?
    What a joke. It's all about image and how much publicity you get if you tarnish the NFL. Big Ben was wall to wall news coverage...ESPN all over it. These other cases...yeah they make the news but not with all the fanfare. Goodell Sucks!

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Roger Goodell Blows

I'm gonna move this to the "NFL Room" since it's really not related to the Steelers...
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 70

Since when is Big Ben not relalted to the Steelers?

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by DrKnow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Since when is Big Ben not relalted to the Steelers?
    I guess it's just interpretation, and definitely not malicious... It was an article about a Bengals player and the commish, and you tossed-in a small Ben comment at the end. You know it... If anything, it should'a been in the "hate room"... We've got alot of different taverns for various topics.

BTW, when posting an article, please include a link because we've had a few complaints about it in the recent past... There's even a stickied thread about it.... Thanx...

Rule Two : Off Topic Posting.

Pittsburgh Sports Tavern has a variety of different boards within it that hold discussion for almost all subjects. We ask that discussion on specific subjects be held within the proper board. Pittsburgh Sports Tavern Management reserves the right to move Topics or Posts that stray from a particular board's intent to an appropriate board at Pittsburgh Sports Tavern.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have a vacuum cleaner that I occasionally call the Goodell - if a bung comes out of one end of it, it sucks and blows simultaneously.
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information