Thread: Pitt's football season may hinge on the success of its offensive line.

Threads : 1632
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Pitt's football season may hinge on the success of its offensive line.

Pitt Training Camp: Notes From Second Scrimmage

Pitt's football season may hinge on the success of its offensive line.
    by Anson Whaley -
    http://pittsburgh.sbnation.com/2010/...edt-dion-lewis

Pitt head coach Dave Wannstedt was pleased with the team’s second scrimmage of training camp, but thinks there are some areas in which the team needs to improve:

“As I told the players earlier, we were really good in one area, and we can win some games that way. We’ve got some strength, but we also have some areas of much needed improvement. That would probably be the best way to put it.

“I told the players that we’ve been on teams where we’ve led the NFL in rushing, and we couldn’t win a lot of games, we couldn’t win a Super Bowl. We led the league in sacks, but we didn’t stop the run well. So, it’s not one phase that wins you a championship. Right now, we need these next four or five days. They’re very, very important to us.

One note was that Greg Romeus again did not participate. He had been getting back to practice over the past few days, but was again held out of the scrimmage. This is disappointing news as time is running out for him to get work in. RB Ray Graham also was held out again with his sprained ankle.

And backup QB Pat Bostick came back to earth a bit from the first scrimmage. He finished 5-15 for 48 yards and a TD. Starter Tino Sunseri was only 6-17 for 36 yards. Neither QB threw an interception despite being hurried quite a bit – the pair was sacked a combined five times.

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pitt's football season may hinge on the success of its offensive line.

It may be an issue... I think I read somewhere that the O-line is pretty young...

... I still think Cignetti will have it all together rather quickly... He did a great job in his 1st season as OC last year, and should only get better this year.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information