Thread: some observations

Threads : 182

Default some observations

1) One play in the skins/bills game made me wonder whether the move of the umpire behind the QB will cause more lieniency with the QB going across the line of scrimmage on pass plays as previously the umpire would often come forward toward LOS and stand there during the play as to provide help to the QB. I wonder how the NFL will deal with that during the season.

2) Heath Miller although a good blocking TE doesn't have the speed I don't think in comparision with other TE's in the league to get downfield. Notice whenever Heath catches the ball he has no moves except to bull someone over. I think the steelers need to think about this in the future. I like heath a lot but they need someone to stretch the field why we still have Matt SPaeth is beyond me.

3) pretty funny to watch the bengals still have motion and pre snap penalties in their games. I think Palmer likes TO more than ocho. and I think TO is a lot faster and bigger than ocho. I think ocho will get hurt and Defenses will double TO. I also think Gresham will be pretty good he is a very big TE.

THoughts?
    THoughts?

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: some observations

Quote Originally Posted by steel0710 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2) Heath Miller although a good blocking TE doesn't have the speed I don't think in comparision with other TE's in the league to get downfield. Notice whenever Heath catches the ball he has no moves except to bull someone over. I think the steelers need to think about this in the future. I like heath a lot but they need someone to stretch the field why we still have Matt SPaeth is beyond me.
    "Thoughts?"....

Well, I like Heath as well... I think he has fair-to-better blocking abilities, and does a fantastic job when his number is called. If the Steelers need to "think about this in the future", it should only be to decide how much more to pay him... He's the best we've had since Breuner as far as blocking, and he seems to catch everything thrown his way. An absolutely solid TE in my book.... Just my opinion.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 82
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah Heath is IMO the best all around TE in the league. Thing is there is a trend towards TE's that are more like big WR's than TE's. Dunno if those types are going block like a Heath will. It's is still a very impotent part of the job. The Steelers are not quick to jump on trends and I think that's good in this case.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information