Thread: Steeler Ticket Value..(Pre Season..regular season)

Threads : 70

Default Steeler Ticket Value..(Pre Season..regular season)

Roger Goodell and the NFL owners want an 18 game regular season and 2 pre season games. The pre season games are a farce. Can anyone find another football organization from pee wee, high school, college and other pro football team that plays pre season games? They have scrimages, but not games.
    As a Steeler season ticket owner, I have to buy all 10 games including the pre season.(so does every other season ticket owner for NFL teams)I dont like it but its not enough for me to stop buying the tickets. The pre season games are charged the same price. Solution: Instead of charging 10 games at $100 per ticket(total $1000)
    charge $20 for the two pre season games and $120 for the 8 regular season games. It is still the same total.
    Also, having 18 regular season games will increase the number of teams that have nothing to play for in the last 2 or 3 games of the season. Every year there are 6 to 8 teams who have clinched their playoff seed and rest starters so you have in effect a pre seasom type meaningless game. Odds are with 18 games, there will be more teams that will rest starters.
    Leave the schedule at 16 games, adjust ticket prices for pre season games.

Threads : 87
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Steeler Ticket Value..(Pre Season..regular season)

Quote Originally Posted by DrKnow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Roger Goodell and the NFL owners want an 18 game regular season and 2 pre season games. The pre season games are a farce.[HIGH-LIGHT] Can anyone find another football organization from pee wee, high school, college and other pro football team that plays pre season games? They have scrimages, but not games.
    [/HIGH-LIGHT]As a Steeler season ticket owner, I have to buy all 10 games including the pre season.(so does every other season ticket owner for NFL teams)I dont like it but its not enough for me to stop buying the tickets. The pre season games are charged the same price. [HIGH-LIGHT]Solution: Instead of charging 10 games at $100 per ticket(total $1000)
    charge $20 for the two pre season games and $120 for the 8 regular season games. It is still the same total.
    [/HIGH-LIGHT]Also, having 18 regular season games will increase the number of teams that have nothing to play for in the last 2 or 3 games of the season. Every year there are 6 to 8 teams who have clinched their playoff seed and rest starters so you have in effect a pre seasom type meaningless game. Odds are with 18 games, there will be more teams that will rest starters.
    Leave the schedule at 16 games, adjust ticket prices for pre season games.
    Most of the college teams schedule complete pushovers as their first 3 or 4 games every year, in effect, it is their preseason/tuneup games.

on the second hi-light: I don't get it, what is the point?

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I completely disagree.

first off, if you're paying the same amount for the ticket package then what the hell does it matter what the number is on the ticket? You're suggestion about moving the costs from Pre-Season to Seasonal tickets really effects and changes absolutely nothing and to be honest really does nothing either way in supporting or not supporting going to 18 games.

I'm all for it. First off, preseason games are a joke and there's too many of them. Outside of the National TV coverage for every preseason game, they are already hyped enough like Regular Season games where the shift won';t make much of a difference for fans except that we get erase 2 meaningless games and replace them with more meaningful games.

Bench players at the end of the season is going to remain the same. It'll happen the last game or 2 in the season not increase it for no good reason that suggesting that if the regular season extends so will this.

I see nothing but a positive for extending the season and I hope that they do it. It might be the only positive to come from Fuher Goodell's time as commish. The roster is going to have increase.

One thing that seems weird about all of this is that the players are going to want more money andthe lockout is going to happen over the owners wanting to take more money back from the players.. unless the players don't give a ****, this sort of seems like a very big issue
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Quote Originally Posted by kinsar View Post
    Most of the college teams schedule complete pushovers as their first 3 or 4 games every year, in effect, it is their preseason/tuneup games.

on the second hi-light: I don't get it, what is the point?
    The 2nd hi-light point is this...a pre season game is not even close to the same value as a regular season game so the ticket price should not be nearly the same.

Most major college teams do schedule some cup cake team, but they are still counted on their final record(that is a different topic all together) NFL preseason games dont count)
    No other football teams have pre season games...they have scimages.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The 2nd hi-light point is this...a pre season game is not even close to the same value as a regular season game so the ticket price should not be nearly the same.

Everyone should agree that preseason and regular season ticket prices should be different, we just fail to see the difference in season ticket packages when the cost stays the same. It's pretty pointless. In the grand scheme it really doesn't matter but pointless.

More importantly though is how this has anything to do with increasing Regular Season games. Sounds like you end up getting more value for your current ticket package which you're griping about. Fans get to watch 2 more meaningful games and 2 less crap preseason games (anything to eliminate that 4th preseason game is a .

Most major college teams do schedule some cup cake team, but they are still counted on their final record(that is a different topic all together) NFL preseason games dont count)

The Steelers used to have Pre-Season and Scrimmage games against Washington. You'll see a return to that or should see a return to that when they slash preseason by 2 games
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 87
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

[HIGH-LIGHT]The 2nd hi-light point is this...a pre season game is not even close to the same value as a regular season game so the ticket price should not be nearly the same.
    [/HIGH-LIGHT]
    But your solution makes no sense unless you can seperate the preseason games from the season ticket holders package.

As far as the college games go, yes you are right, they count towards the overall record, but season ticket holders have to purchase those tickets as well and the attendance is much lower because the fans know they are cupcake useless games, but still have to buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    I completely disagree.

first off, if you're paying the same amount for the ticket package then what the hell does it matter what the number is on the ticket? You're suggestion about moving the costs from Pre-Season to Seasonal tickets really effects and changes absolutely nothing and to be honest really does nothing either way in supporting or not supporting going to 18 games.

Try selling a pre season ticket at face value

I'm all for it. First off, preseason games are a joke and there's too many of them. Outside of the National TV coverage for every preseason game, they are already hyped enough like Regular Season games where the shift won';t make much of a difference for fans except that we get erase 2 meaningless games and replace them with more meaningful games.

Bench players at the end of the season is going to remain the same. It'll happen the last game or 2 in the season not increase it for no good reason that suggesting that if the regular season extends so will this.
    I agree that the pre season games are a joke....but odds are there will be more meaningless games at the end of an 18 game regular season than there are now with a 16 game season

I see nothing but a positive for extending the season and I hope that they do it. It might be the only positive to come from Fuher Goodell's time as commish. The roster is going to have increase.

One thing that seems weird about all of this is that the players are going to want more money andthe lockout is going to happen over the owners wanting to take more money back from the players.. unless the players don't give a ****, this sort of seems like a very big issue
    The lockout threat has 2 main issues. Owners vs owners as to how much revenue they will share and players vs owners in sharing the golden pie

Threads : 9

Try selling a pre season ticket at face value
    If enough people were interested in paying face value for "scrimmage" games the NFL wouldn't force season ticket holders to buy them. Eat the cost (it's not as though you have a choice) and give them to people who might otherwise never get to see a game. I've given mine to teenagers, quick lube workers and various strangers that have mentioned (without knowledge that I am a season tix holder) that they have never been to a game at Heinz Field.

While i don't like being "forced" to buy pre-season games, I feel fortunate that I have the opportunity and the means to pay for them.
    "The brotherhood that the Steelers have, their way of doing business, their way of playing football, spans decades. Their way of building teams that do not blink and players that do not shrink, well, there is nothing come-lately about it."

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information