Thread: Steelers Thoughts From Dale Lolley

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Steelers Thoughts From Dale Lolley

Wednesday, August 25, 2010
    Steelers thoughts

There was an interesting piece on Nick Eason in Steelers Digest that explains why he looked so bad in training camp.

It seems Eason had an emergency appendectomy and developed complications from that which caused him to lose 29 pounds.

According to the story, Eason had to have portions of his bowel removed as well and is lucky to be alive.

He also had to have his intestines pumped through his mouth, which could not have been pleasant.

I had a long talk with Frank Summers today about the fullback position.

Summers said he doesn't know how much the Steelers intend to use the fullback, but he seems to have fully embraced the position.

I also spoke with Emmanuel Sanders about possibly being the guy who is being overlooked among the receivers at this point.

We had a long talk about his blocking skills, which have impressed me, as well.

Sanders said he wasn't asked to do a lot of blocking in college, but that it was his main job in high school.

posted by Dale Lolley at 10:41 PM 7 Comments Links to this post

http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/sidelines/
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 164

Default Re: Steelers Thoughts From Dale Lolley

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010
    Steelers thoughts

There was an interesting piece on Nick Eason in Steelers Digest that explains why he looked so bad in training camp.

It seems Eason had an emergency appendectomy and developed complications from that which caused him to lose 29 pounds.

According to the story, Eason had to have portions of his bowel removed as well and is lucky to be alive.

He also had to have his intestines pumped through his mouth, which could not have been pleasant.

I had a long talk with Frank Summers today about the fullback position.

Summers said he doesn't know how much the Steelers intend to use the fullback, but he seems to have fully embraced the position.

I also spoke with Emmanuel Sanders about possibly being the guy who is being overlooked among the receivers at this point.

We had a long talk about his blocking skills, which have impressed me, as well.

Sanders said he wasn't asked to do a lot of blocking in college, but that it was his main job in high school.

posted by Dale Lolley at 10:41 PM 7 Comments Links to this post

http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/sidelines/
    Say what you want about Eason, he is a servicable player who in short spells has filled in well for Smith or Keisel. Just you don't want him in toooo much.
    "ARRRGGHHH THERE WILL BE MUTTON TONIGHT!" Said the Troll

Threads : 1817

Default Re: Steelers Thoughts From Dale Lolley

Quote Originally Posted by bdeff View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Say what you want about Eason, he is a servicable player who in short spells has filled in well for Smith or Keisel. Just you don't want him in toooo much.
    Pretty much. Which is my current ***** about the Steelers starting Pouncey in place of Hartwig when Trai Essex is over that at RG sucking. Guy is a backup who is good in spot duty that you don't want toooo much. We could eleviate that problem
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information