Thread: Reports indicate Bengals are set to release WR Antonio Bryant

Threads : 1632
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Reports indicate Bengals are set to release WR Antonio Bryant

Reports indicate Bengals are set to release WR Antonio Bryant

Found 1 day ago on Bengals Post:
    http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articl...Bryant/3118234

According to Bob Glauber of NewsDay.com, a NFL source has indicated the Cincinnati Bengals are set to release wide receiver Antonio Bryant—who has been limited to just one practice during training camp. Bryant struggled throughout the 2009 season due to a knee injury but assured the Bengals it was no longer an issue when he signed a four-year deal with the team in March. He was signed as a replacement to Laveranues Coles—who was released after just one disappointing season—as an effective No. 2 wideout playing alongside Chad Ochocinco. With his recent knee injury and the recent signing of Terrell Owens, it appears Cincinnati may just take the financial hit by parting ways with Bryant. As part of his four-year, $28 million deal, Bryant received a $7.85 million bonus from the Bengals—which would be a steal for not even participating in one game. It’s difficult to just throw that money down the drain, but Cincinnati is in a difficult situation considering the talent level they have in...

Original Story: http://www.bengalspost.com/2010/08/27...

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Reports indicate Bengals are set to release WR Antonio Bryant

They have been talking about this for a few weeks now, here in Cincy... I won't be suprised one bit.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Bengals cut ties with injury-plagued, veteran WR Bryant
    NFL.com Wire Reports
    Aug. 29, 2010

The Cincinnati Bengals have released wide receiver Antonio Bryant, who got a four-year, $28 million deal in March but has been sidelined by a bad knee during training camp.

The Bengals chose Bryant over Pro Bowl wide receiver Terrell Owens in March, thinking he was a better complement to receiver Chad Ochocinco. Bryant had surgery to repair cartilage in his left knee last year, and it began bothering him over the summer.

The team's reliance on Bryant diminished when the Bengals finally reached a one-year contract agreement with Owens in July.

Bryant comes off a season in which he complained about a diminished role in the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' offense. After recovering from surgery for torn cartilage in his left knee last year, Bryant had 39 catches for 600 yards and four touchdowns.

The previous year, Bryant revived his career after being out of football in 2007, finishing with 83 catches for 1,248 yards and seven touchdowns. The Bucs placed their franchise tag on Bryant, assuring him a salary of $9.88 million last season. He became a free agent after 2009, and the Bengals signed him one week into free agency for about $28 million over four years.

Also on Sunday, the Bengals put safety Gibril Wilson on injured reserve with damaged ligaments in his left knee and they waived rookie long snapper Mike Windt.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Players are going out for the start of the season/whole season at an impressive rate. I suspected Owens was insurance for this possibility. In the mean time, I'm not sure they have a replacement for Gerbil.
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Quote Originally Posted by War Machine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Players are going out for the start of the season/whole season at an impressive rate. I suspected Owens was insurance for this possibility. In the mean time, I'm not sure they have a replacement for Gerbil.
    I hate to say it... But the Bengals offense with Chaddy-poo and T.O. is fairly impressive.... They have an extremely deep and "talent-rich" WR group... They will not miss a beat, unfortunately.

sjdrewk

8 million dollars down the tube.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information