Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Update on my washer and dryer

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default The Update on my washer and dryer

If anyone remembers I was seeking feedback on front loading washers last spring. I ended up getting an LG with the matching dryer. Man, those things are ****ing nice. Anyone that uses a standard top loader knows that if you do a bunch of loads of laundry that you end up getting backed up with the dryer, it's the other way around. It takes about 20 minutes to dry clothes now cause they come out of the washer practically damp. What else is impressive is that my gas bill got cut completely in half because I'm using the dryer less. My water bill has gone down but who pays attention to that? I recommend the front loaders. A little more expenisive but if you want to get an energy saver top loader, you're better off going with the front loaders since they are similar in price.

Threads : 60

Front loaders are the way to go. Remember to leave the door open on the washer to avoid the rim around the door getting moldy.

Threads : 67
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd take anything right about now. Living in this apartment with no washer/dryer hookup sucks so bad!! Having to load up all the laundry and the kids to go to my mom's takes forever to do! So you enjoy your washer and dryer buddy!

Threads : 60

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd take anything right about now. Living in this apartment with no washer/dryer hookup sucks so bad!! Having to load up all the laundry and the kids to go to my mom's takes forever to do! So you enjoy your washer and dryer buddy!
    I never understood the Amish

Threads : 137

Hah - I just tore both my washer and dryer apart (they both broke down simultaneously) and fixed them.

Washer needed "dogs" replaced, they're like plastic washers in the agitator. Dryer needed a fuse and a new thermostat.

Here was the tough part - and it wasn't related to my dryer. The dryer is kinda in the middle of my kitchen, in a nook cut out for laundry. It's vented about 12' through the lower ceiling to the side of the house. The dumb**** who built the place 14 years ago ran plastic flex vent and it was all clogged up with lint causing my dryer to overheat. So I had to tear down part of the ceiling downstairs and replaced that flex vent with solid aluminum ductwork.

Runs like a ****ing champ now, it's blowing leaves off the trees outside.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetchuck View Post
    Hah - I just tore both my washer and dryer apart (they both broke down simultaneously) and fixed them.

Washer needed "dogs" replaced, they're like plastic washers in the agitator. Dryer needed a fuse and a new thermostat.

Here was the tough part - and it wasn't related to my dryer. The dryer is kinda in the middle of my kitchen, in a nook cut out for laundry. It's vented about 12' through the lower ceiling to the side of the house. The dumb**** who built the place 14 years ago ran plastic flex vent and it was all clogged up with lint causing my dryer to overheat. So I had to tear down part of the ceiling downstairs and replaced that flex vent with solid aluminum ductwork.

Runs like a ****ing champ now, it's blowing leaves off the trees outside.
    Man does that suck. any time you have to tear apart any part of a wall sucks since then it tests your ability to drywall and make it look like nothing was ever torn out which is near impossible. yeah, plastic flex hose is worthless. i use the metal flex hose which is practically smooth so nothing ever clogs up.
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I keep stretching more time out of my old units... Got 'em back in '93 and they are holding-on by a thread...
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 5
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

My wife and I are moving up to Gettysburg, PA (finally getting the heck out of Maryland). We were looking at the front loaders and are probably going to go with the Kenmore from Sears.

The saleslady told us about keeping the doors open (and the detergent shelving) open to let air circulate to keep the moldiness from occuring. The washer we are looking at has a clean washer setting to specifically clean the machine. She suggested once a month run the cycle.

Threads : 48

I know how you feel,Shannon.No hookup in my apt. either.Sucks.That is probably the single most reason that I'm looking forward to moving out.

Threads : 137

Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    I know how you feel,Shannon.No hookup in my apt. either.Sucks.That is probably the single most reason that I'm looking forward to moving out.
    When I was traveling a lot and stayed in motels, I actually washed my clothes in the tub and strung them up around the room to dry.

I'm a survivor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetchuck View Post
    When I was traveling a lot and stayed in motels, I actually washed my clothes in the tub and strung them up around the room to dry.

I'm a survivor.

Well,living in a 2 bedroom,660 sq. ft. apt. with two little kids makes it a bit difficult to hang clothes.

Threads : 5

I was doing a lot of traveling too when I first started working (months on the road at a time). It sucked when after working 6-10 hours shifts in the field that your only day off was laundry day. It got to the point, I just stopped folding my clothes since they were going to get dirty and filthy from field work.

Update, just talked to my wife, and we went with the LG front loaders.

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Front loaders are nice and really quiet I hear. I wish I would have known about our supplier discount 'cause I could've got a set of maytag front loaders for $645.
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Threads : 67

Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    I wish I could move but a 3 bedroom apt for 425 a month is pretty hard to beat. So I have to settle for no washer, dryer or bathtub only a shower which also sucks with a 7 yr old and a 2 yr old

I wish I could move but a 3 bedroom apt for 425 a month is pretty hard to beat. So I have to settle for no washer, dryer or bathtub only a shower which also sucks with a 7 yr old and a 2 yr old
    Oh,that REALLY sucks not having a tub when you have little ones around.That is a very good deal for a 3 BR though.I pay more than that for a 2 BR.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information