Thread: Ol' 'Lectric Stuff...

Threads : 55
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Ol' 'Lectric Stuff...

Thanks Charlie... You gave me good reason to drink 8 tonight!!!

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Ol' 'Lectric Stuff...

I didn't watch but saw the box and it looked like the same Charlie Morton we saw earlier this season.

how this kid feel this far off the earth?? It's a mystery. I can understand not being as good as people though but his level of awfulness is almost like a dude is out there pitching on a ****ed up arm or something
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 24

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't watch but saw the box and it looked like the same Charlie Morton we saw earlier this season.

how this kid feel this far off the earth?? It's a mystery. I can understand not being as good as people though but his level of awfulness is almost like a dude is out there pitching on a ****ed up arm or something

Never saw a pitcher who so often faces hitters who know exactly what he is going to throw on almost every pitch.

Threads : 138

Kip Wells, Oliver Perez, Ian Snell, ... Charlie Morton.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by buccoman View Post
    Never saw a pitcher who so often faces hitters who know exactly what he is going to throw on almost every pitch.
    What's scary is that with one of the games he threw earlier this season I was predicting with accuracy more than 75% of his pitches. Didn't even need to look at his arm motion/release etc... just knew what he was going to throw and where.

What I can't understand is that I read that he was shaking off just about all of Doumit's signals/calls. Why allow Morton to do that? Why allow any pitcher that is below average to do that?

The number that was put up in something that showed how Morton's FB usage has decreased big time each season despite it being a pretty good mid 90's FB with bite is just flat out strange. the Pirates are right in that Morton needs to throw that FB closer to 60% of the time to set up those off speed pitches and keep people guessing in regards to speed.

Maybe Tocchet92 is right... perhaps there's some Ian Snell/Oliver Perez headcase in there, where the brain is the thing holding Morton back. to be fair I never felt Snell or Wells had good enough secondary stuff like others did
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 271
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    What's scary is that with one of the games he threw earlier this season I was predicting with accuracy more than 75% of his pitches. Didn't even need to look at his arm motion/release etc... just knew what he was going to throw and where.

What I can't understand is that I read that he was shaking off just about all of Doumit's signals/calls. Why allow Morton to do that? Why allow any pitcher that is below average to do that?

The number that was put up in something that showed how Morton's FB usage has decreased big time each season despite it being a pretty good mid 90's FB with bite is just flat out strange. the Pirates are right in that Morton needs to throw that FB closer to 60% of the time to set up those off speed pitches and keep people guessing in regards to speed.

Maybe Tocchet92 is right... perhaps there's some Ian Snell/Oliver Perez headcase in there, where the brain is the thing holding Morton back. to be fair I never felt Snell or Wells had good enough secondary stuff like others did

Well 1st of all the DH masquerading as a Catcher No Mitt Doumit shouldn't ever be allowed behind the plate ever again !!!

HE BLOWS DEAD GOATS as a Catcher in every aspect

Threads : 61
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Morton makes me salty.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information