Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: THIS IS DISGUSTING! THIS IS NOT STEELER FOOTBALL!

Threads : 91

Default THIS IS DISGUSTING! THIS IS NOT STEELER FOOTBALL!

I have been a rabid Steeler fan since 1971 and last night was the culmination of the most disgusting Steeler football I have ever watched!

Last year made me sick, last night proved last year wasn't a fluke!

Tomlin has methodically and systematically dismantled a proud mentality that used to be tough, physical, and mean. We are now just chicken **** mean!

There was no discipline at any level of the Steelers team last night......and most of last year!

I know Cowher had lean years early on but it's not about wins and loses at this point; it's about having the right man for the job.....Cowher proved to be the right man for the job....Tomlin looks like he has made his stamp AND IT"S UGLY

Threads : 60

Default Re: THIS IS DISGUSTING! THIS IS NOT STEELER FOOTBALL!

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have been a rabid Steeler fan since 1971 and last night was the culmination of the most disgusting Steeler football I have ever watched!

Tomlin has methodically and systematically dismantled a proud mentality that used to be tough, physical, and mean. We are now just chicken **** mean!

There was no discipline at any level of the Steelers team last night......and most of last year!

I know Cowher had lean years early on but it's not about wins and loses at this point; it's about having the right man for the job.....Cowher proved to be the right man for the job....Tomlin looks like he has made his stamp AND IT"S UGLY
    Normally, I wouldn't give a rats *** on how a team looked in the preseason but when you factor in all the talk this week about the Steelers treating this game like a regular season it's a bit alarming to see what we all saw last night.

I think this is just the beggining folks of what could be a very long year.

Tomlin better pull his head from his *** and start unleashing hell one splash play at a time.

Threads : 691

Normally, I wouldn't give a rats *** on how a team looked in the preseason but when you factor in all the talk this week about the Steelers treating this game like a regular season it's a bit alarming to see what we all saw last night
    I'm with you on this LVG.I,like you don't normally get excited about the pre-season and what happens,but when they said the preparation would be like a regular season game.....well they looked anything but prepared,and that's being kind.
    Are these morons getting dumber or just louder-Mayor Quimby

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy View Post
    Normally, I wouldn't give a rats *** on how a team looked in the preseason but when you factor in all the talk this week about the Steelers treating this game like a regular season it's a bit alarming to see what we all saw last night.

I think this is just the beggining folks of what could be a very long year.

Tomlin better pull his head from his *** and start unleashing hell one splash play at a time.
    I can't imagine that they treated last night like a real game. Tomlin might have said it but Tomlin says a lot of crap that doesn't happen (probably to appease the moron media). The fact that Byron Leftwich got no reps with the first team offense or against first and 2nd string defenses is enough to tell me that this game was treated more as a tune up for certain players and certain aspects of the Regular season than anything that would be considered a "whole".

for example, they wanted to get Dennis dixon some reps in because they are going to use him in short yardage situations. He got far more than that for whatever reason but we won't see him nearly as often as we saw him last night.

They wanted to get Ben some work because after next week, he won't be getting real playing time until week 6, but Ben won't be playuing for the First 4 games, so this really wasn't a tune up for then.

I'm going to say it now... if there was a Pre-Season to ever take with a grain of salt the performances, it's definitely this one. It's so jacked up because of Ben missing the first 4 games due to suspension. Teams usually never prepare for their starting QB to be out with a suspension. Injury yes, but they are also not playing if they are injured. They had to get Ben some reps. Then they are trying to get the 3rd stringer some reps for certain packages and ....

It's been sort of a cluster****. Such that I'm not overly concerned with the Offense anymore than usual. As long as Bruce Arians is there, bad playcalls will be made. We've overcome Bruce Arians, we've overcome a far worse Offensive Line (2008), but I also feel that the talent is better because of an extra year and more experience.

Defense and Special teams scare me the most. Special Teams still can't cover kicks and that goes back to more than half of the Cowher era and our return game could take a hit in starting field position if Logan isn't retained because Sanders wasn't nearly as impressive. Logan did more for the position game than he's been given credit for.

Defense forgot how to tackle and hit their gaps. Onj the positive side,. Lebeau's defenses usually look very questionable in the OPreseason. they really are scheme and blitz oriented, not one that is going to perform great man on man in vanilla schemes. Lebeau relies on a lot of confusion and usually doesn't show much of anything in Pre-Season. so while there are things that look very concerning through Pre-Season, I'm not going to make a big knee-jerk reaction.

The same things that plagued us last year from going 12-4/14-2 are still here... Short Yardage/Red zone Offense looks the same (mainly at fault is the play calling decisions). Special Teams still can't cover kicks. Defense at times looks a step too slow and couple get eaten up in a hurry up offense and lose 4th Quarter leads.

Anything can happen. I'm just not going to put much weight on any Pre-Season game. I've seen a ton of terrible Pre-Season games, especially during the Cowher era and it make no difference
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 82
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Over reaction IMO. Its going to be ugly these first 4 games get used to it. That isn't coached fault, it's Ben for getting busted.

I don't see where we've reverted from tough to chicken ****. Maybe in playing calling or going away from a power running game that never got us anywhere to using the best talent on Offense we have. Defense hasn't changed.

Complete myth that you created that the Steelers are less disciplined under Tomlin.

Year | Defense | Offense
    2009 | 12th | 23rd
    2008 | 12th | 12th
    2007 | 30th | 24th
    2006 | 5th | 31st
    2005 | 12th | 25th
    2004 | 25th | 28th

Those are rankings on the most penalized teams. The lower the number the worse you are. Bet people are surprised to see that the Offense last year was penalized that many few times considering Willie Colon is on the O-Line.

I'm far from being a Tomlin fan, very far, but we can blame him for legit stuff without having to make things up

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

From ESPN's James Walker...

Are the Pittsburgh Steelers lacking discipline? Their first-team defense uncharacteristically had four personal fouls Sunday in a 34-17 loss to the Denver Broncos. Two were by second-year cornerback Keenan Lewis, who was subsequently benched and earned a spot in coach Mike Tomlin's doghouse. [HIGH-LIGHT]Lewis also made a bad situation worse by reportedly punching through a glass sign after the game.[/HIGH-LIGHT] If you add cornerback Ike Taylor's fight last week against the New York Giants that cost him $10,000, Pittsburgh is having problems keeping its cool lately.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    I don't see where we've reverted from tough to chicken ****. Maybe in playing calling or going away from a power running game that never got us anywhere to using the best talent on Offense we have. Defense hasn't changed.

Complete myth that you created that the Steelers are less disciplined under Tomlin.

Year | Defense | Offense
    2009 | 12th | 23rd
    2008 | 12th | 12th
    2007 | 30th | 24th
    2006 | 5th | 31st
    2005 | 12th | 25th
    2004 | 25th | 28th

Those are rankings on the most penalized teams. The lower the number the worse you are. Bet people are surprised to see that the Offense last year was penalized that many few times considering Willie Colon is on the O-Line.

I'm far from being a Tomlin fan, very far, but we can blame him for legit stuff without having to make things up
    In addition to the plethora of PF penalties, I saw numerous times where one of our defensive players administered a little extra push, or simply ****ed with the guy they had down. We have always intimidated teams by our play and not our late hits, and chicken **** antics. This is obviously a mentality that is permeating the team.

In addition to the plethora of PF penalties, I saw numerous times where one of our defensive players administered a little extra push, or simply ****ed with the guy they had down. We have always intimidated teams by our play and not our late hits, and chicken **** antics. This is obviously a mentality that is permeating the team.
    Getting caught is an issue that's permeating. The crap that happens after plays is common occurrence every year with every team on most plays. It just seemed to get called against the Steelers last night.

Not worth making it into something that it's not. It's really a non issue at this point. (the extra curricular). Getting caught... gonna have to be slicker

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    From ESPN's James Walker...
    That's a shame. At least it's good to know that Lewis was ****ed by his actions ... bad in that Lewis would be this dumb.

Question of the day... could Ike taylor puts either or both of his hands through glass and it matter?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I heard Taylor tried to punch the glass, but the sign went right through his hands.
    "Nice catch, Hayes. Don't ever ****in' do it again." -Lou Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Waiting for LaRoche View Post
    I heard Taylor tried to punch the glass, but the sign went right through his hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Waiting for LaRoche View Post
    And then faked him out of his jock!

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    Getting caught is an issue that's permeating. The crap that happens after plays is common occurrence every year with every team on most plays. It just seemed to get called against the Steelers last night.

Not worth making it into something that it's not. It's really a non issue at this point. (the extra curricular). Getting caught... gonna have to be slicker
    Yeah, I have no concern for the typical extra curricular stuff that happens in every game but I really hate the crap the Steelers have been doing lately. If you're good enough you don't need to do that crap and we used to be that good!

Ask yourself a few questions and answer them honestly and you will feel as bad as I do about Tomlin...............sorry to ruin your morning!

True or false?

1. Under Tomlin, LeBeau's proven system is faltering? True!

2. Under Tomlin, the Steelers have become very undisciplined? TRUE!

3. Under Tomlin, our offense is predictable? TRUE!

4. Under Tomlin, we harbor the worst OC in the game? TRUE!

5. Under Tomlin, the image of the Steelers has been tarnished? TRUE

6. Under Tomlin, the Steelers appear to be headed in the right direction? FALSE!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information