Thread: why hasn't

Threads : 52
    Sports Logo

Default why hasn't

batch ever even been mentioned to be the starter,i know he just played a little and is getting older. but **** it would be sad to have the best guy on the bench!but im not saying he is though..just a thought.

Threads : 277

Default Re: why hasn't

Your question is a fair one, esepcially after last night's performance.

"Lefty" has a cannon; Dixon has youth and legs; and Batch may have a better combination of skills than both.

Except for being a bit fragile, I felt he always played well, when given an opportunity.

Threads : 91

Good question!

Maybe when they said they knew who the starter would be in Ben's absence they knew it was Batch and they have just been trying to find his back up? But Batch hasn't had any reps so that logic is out! Practice this week should be a telling story!

Threads : 3

I agree totally. Batch has been a real team player this camp. You didn't hear anything out of him especially when the mediots are proclaiming when Big Ben gets back that Charlie Batch seems to be the odd man out. I am now leaning more that when big Ben gets back it's going to be Leftwich as the odd man out. He is on the downside of his career and the only asset he brings to the field is his cannon arm. He has no mobillity and if he wasn't with the Steelers right now there's probably a good chance he's not playing for anybody. Batch is smart, knows the plays and is probably going to wind up with the Steeler orginization in some capacity (maybe QB coach) so I would not be surprised at all if Leftwich is gone after the 4th game.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jorgan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree totally. Batch has been a real team player this camp. You didn't hear anything out of him especially when the mediots are proclaiming when Big Ben gets back that Charlie Batch seems to be the odd man out. I am now leaning more that when big Ben gets back it's going to be Leftwich as the odd man out. He is on the downside of his career and the only asset he brings to the field is his cannon arm. He has no mobillity and if he wasn't with the Steelers right now there's probably a good chance he's not playing for anybody. Batch is smart, knows the plays and is probably going to wind up with the Steeler orginization in some capacity (maybe QB coach) so I would not be surprised at all if Leftwich is gone after the 4th game.
    It would be sad to see lefty or DD out there and are best chance to win is sitting on the bench.why not him he's been with the team for years and should know more than either of the two.if he gets hurt so what we have to back ups,its only 4 games .IMO

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jorgan View Post
    Batch is smart, knows the plays and is probably going to wind up with the Steeler orginization in some capacity
    ... I definitely hope so...
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 5
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Batch's primary asset was decision making

Clearly that is a problem for Dixon. and I'm not so certain Lefty doesn't have a problem there too.

Threads : 691

I believe the organization feels that Batch can't stand up to the pounding,even for 4 games. J.M.H.O.
    Are these morons getting dumber or just louder-Mayor Quimby

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by buccoray61 View Post
    I believe the organization feels that Batch can't stand up to the pounding,even for 4 games. J.M.H.O.
    im not so sure lefty isnt just as fragile.i hope who ever is starter that batch will be second stringer.

Threads : 3263

None of the three qbs have the "total package" to make anyone feel comfortable... That's why they are backups... At this point, I honestly don't know whether I want Leftwich or Batch in there for the first several games...
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

sjdrewk

I am most comfortable with Batch getting the first crack at starting but Leftwich seems the more logical choice to start because I don't think it crossed managements mind to consider Batch but as underwhelming as Dixon and Lefty has been, then are probably thinking about Batch now....but they will probably settle on Byron.

Threads : 82

At 630 the day after the debacle, I am going with Batch. Guy knows the offense. He makes some pretty passes. I think he still has it arm wise. He has a bit more mobility than lefty (not saying much) he took a nice hit last night and bounced rig back up. It wasn't my first choice but I don't want Dixon or Lefty in there.

• Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information