Thread: Heinz Field Ketchup Bottles

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Heinz Field Ketchup Bottles

The huge stadium scoreboard is flanked by two giant neon Heinz Ketchup bottles which virtually "pour" onto the screen whenever the home team drives into the "Heinz Red Zone" - the area between the 20-yard line and the goal line. If these bottles were filled with Heinz Ketchup, they would contain 1,664,000 fluid ounces each - enough to give each fan at least one 14-ounce bottle of ketchup to take home.

The Heinz Ketchup bottles are a design marvel that took about four months to conceptualize and bring to life. Designed by Nautilus Entertainment Design of La Jolla, Calif., the bottles are an exact replica -- down to the embossed "57" on the bottle's neck -- of the famous Heinz Ketchup 14-ounce glass bottle that has become an American icon.

Designing the sign was just the beginning of this huge undertaking. Manufacturing, transporting and assembling the signs was carefully planned and executed by Young Electric Sign Company of Las Vegas.

Manufacturing of the bottles began in late September, and each includes 8,000 pounds of fiberglass, 375 feet of neon tubing and 20,500 light-emitting diodes.

Each bottle measures 35' x 9'... If both bottles were emptied, the entire football field would be covered in 3/4 inch of ketchup.

Approximately 4,500 footballs could fit into each scoreboard ketchup bottle.

Heinz acquired the naming rights to the stadium for $57 million, in keeping with Heinz's 57 varieties.

... Yea, I got my 2010 media guide in the mail today...
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

sjdrewk

Default Re: Heinz Field Ketchup Bottles

[B"]The Heinz Ketchup bottles are a design marvel that took about four months to conceptualize and bring to life. Designed by Nautilus Entertainment Design of[HIGH-LIGHT] La Jolla, Calif.[/HIGH-LIGHT], the bottles are an exact replica"[/B]

I love La Jolla.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information