Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This can't continue

Threads : 413

Default This can't continue

It gets worse by the moment. Swept by the Brewers in **** poor action and now the f'ing Cubs are humiliating us. Whether the blame can be put on Russell or not, a change MUST be made. This is embarrassing. No we're past that point. This is just plain ridiculous.

POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON!

Threads : 24

Default Re: This can't continue

Russell, at the least, has to be the sacrificial lamb, and he should be fired now. It's not just that the losing is ridiculous, it's that you are actually jeopardizing the development process of your young players. It's time for the GM to step in and do something to provide a psychological healing for his players.

Threads : 135
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by buccoman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Russell, at the least, has to be the sacrificial lamb, and he should be fired now. It's not just that the losing is ridiculous, it's that you are actually jeopardizing the development process of your young players. It's time for the GM to step in and do something to provide a psychological healing for his players.
    Now granted the Penguins were in a different position than the current Pirates at the time of the move...but it was after an embarrassment like this that Therrien was fired. Its time. Time is up actually.
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

Threads : 215

This collapse is worse than those before it, in previous years.

This hurts me bad. I feel physical (though I'm sure it's psychological) pain. This really hurts.

Even Walker, who has become a stalwart of sorts, can carry some blame from the field the past week. He played so well as an experiment, we thought he was all star material. He is good, but has made some mistakes lately. Jones, as I hope upon hope, may be a big bust. He is still a legend, worthy of a novel, though. Cutch must be having growing pains. I never believed he was the cornerstone of the club, but did expect a real good outfielder. .........

Tabata will make me a believer, in the next year, I'm thinking positive. Cutch will get steady. Pedro will steadily improve until he's an old guy, I hope and am sure, for some reason. Walker could hurt me. His story is even better than the Legend's. I expect him to become an all star!

I thought catcher was a position of strength. Now I have immature hopes that Sanchez will be the catcher of the future and help save the franchise.....Cedeno is all of a sudden a shortstop that's not perfect, but can get the job done.

I feel like Milledge should get to play a lot to finish the season and Presley/Moss should get a look. Doumit has not looked terrible in the outfield and still sucks as a catcher.

Then you have the pitchers.........................whew...........

The Buccos could have a 50% turnover happening on the 25 man roster and it could be less or more on the 40 man............where do you get them from next year?

Threads : 29

It's always darkest before the dawn..............

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Threads : 158
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Cutch is really disappointing me. It really looks like he has just stopped caring. His three strike K the other night looked like a guy who had frankly just kind of moved on mentally.

People do not often like to hear this, but I do not think you can honestly look at this team right now and say who has a spot on it for next year and years following. I mean, honestly, there are some "locks" but you cant look at performance right now...b/c the team has completely collapsed...noone cares...few even try very hard...its sad, but right now this team is just trying to get the season over with.
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

Threads : 158

I agree with that Benny.

Threads : 271

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_697188.html

DUHHHHHHHHHHHH NO **** RETARD !!!!!!!!!!

After repeatedly shaking off catcher Ryan Doumit on Sunday, Charlie Morton will be paired in his next start with Chris Snyder. "We'll see if there's a different click with Chris," manager John Russell said.

Morton was timid with his fastball against the Milwaukee Brewers, who ripped the right-hander for eight runs in 3 1/3 innings. "He's got to learn to trust his catcher more and learn to trust himself more," Russell said.

Russell, a former catcher, said it's tough to get in sync with a pitcher who constantly shakes off the sign. "It gets to be a battle," Russell said. "You try to get with what he wants to do because you don't want him to shake, but you also have the conviction of what you want to do."

Morton will start Saturday against the Washington Nationals. After that, there are no guarantees he'll stay in the rotation. "We'll see how it goes," Russell said. "At some point, we might feel it's better to do something else. But there's no reason to talk about that yet."

Left-hander Rinku Singh was promoted to short-season Single-A State College. He went 2-0 with one save and a 2.61 ERA in 13 relief outings for the Gulf Coast League Pirates in Bradenton, Fla. Singh and countryman Dinesh Patel were signed in November 2008 after they were on the Indian TV reality show "Million-Dollar Arm." Singh beat out 30,000 entrants to win the show and a chance to play in America.

State College outfielder Adalberto Santos was named New York-Penn League player of the week. He ranks sixth in the league in batting average (.318), fifth in hits (74) and runs scored (45) and fourth in on-base percentage (.406). Santos was a 22nd-round draft pick this year.

Major league rosters may expand Wednesday, but GM Neal Huntington indicated the Pirates likely will not call up any prospects until after Monday, when Triple-A Indianapolis ends its regular season. Also, Double-A Altoona and High-A Bradenton are leading their divisions and seem headed to the playoffs.
    Last edited by Evilpens; Aug-31-2010 at 09:23 AM.

Threads : 24

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112 View Post
    People do not often like to hear this, but I do not think you can honestly look at this team right now and say who has a spot on it for next year and years following. I mean, honestly, there are some "locks" but you cant look at performance right now...b/c the team has completely collapsed...noone cares...few even try very hard...its sad, but right now this team is just trying to get the season over with.
    I am probably the only person in the world who watched the top of the ninth last night, but after the third out, several players, including Alverez and Tabata, just sat in the dugout with their heads down. Russell also, uncharacteristically, sat there looking across the field at the terrible team that crushed his even worse team. He's got to be wondering what to do for these players, to try to get them to have something to play for in the remander of the season. I don't think there's anything he can do--maybe he really knows that. These young players are on the worst team in their entire baseball lives, and they play for a franchise that has the worst losing-season streak in the history of all of professesional sports. It has to affect them. How can't it?

Threads : 1817

Now granted the Penguins were in a different position than the current Pirates at the time of the move...but it was after an embarrassment like this that Therrien was fired. Its time. Time is up actually.
    Very true but the Pens were at least losing with a well, Stanley Cup winning team to the ****tiest teams in the NHL like Toronto 7-2 and such. Not sure we can say that the same caliber of team is here for the Pirates right now.

I place a measly $10 bet that Russell is going to get fired after this season. The Pirates under Coonelly and Huntington have had no issues at all eating contracts
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

I am probably the only person in the world who watched the top of the ninth last night, but after the third out, several players, including Alverez and Tabata, just sat in the dugout with their heads down. Russell also, uncharacteristically, sat there looking across the field at the terrible team that crushed his even worse team. He's got to be wondering what to do for these players, to try to get them to have something to play for in the remander of the season. I don't think there's anything he can do--maybe he really knows that. These young players are on the worst team in their entire baseball lives, and they play for a franchise that has the worst losing-season streak in the history of all of professesional sports. It has to affect them. How can't it?
    John Russell's job is to motivate his players. People can all they want about "blah blah, money should motivate them" but it's a very long season and it can get taxing on the mind the repetition and such. I don'[t care what people say, Managers are a very important part of a team and can make certain differences. Russell isn't making any. If anything he's having a worse affect

The thing is that Russell doesnt seem like he even WANTS to be or CAN be the manager of this team anymore...its like he's just hanging around until he keycard becomes inactive.
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    Very true but the Pens were at least losing with a well, Stanley Cup winning team to the ****tiest teams in the NHL like Toronto 7-2 and such. Not sure we can say that the same caliber of team is here for the Pirates right now.

I place a measly $10 bet that Russell is going to get fired after this season. The Pirates under Coonelly and Huntington have had no issues at all eating contracts
    So, wait, I am confused...do you think that Russell will or will not get fired?

I think if he doesn't there will be problems in Pirate land
    Hidden Content

So, wait, I am confused...do you think that Russell will or will not get fired?

I think if he doesn't there will be problems in Pirate land
    I think he will which might not be a good omen considering my track record this year with my Pirates predictions but I did lay down a $10 spot bet that he will get fired.

Some look at Russell getting that contract extension as a sign that he won't be fired but Huntington also thought extremely highly of Kerrigan as well prior to the season. Some might say "well Russell has a year left on his contract" but Huntington has eaten a ton of contracts, some that are a ton more than what Russell makes. Some might say that Huntington let Russell make the decision to fire Kerrigan and Varsho ands that's a sign of confidence. Varsho and Kerrigan are gone if Huntington plans on firing Russell anyways so what's the difference if Russell makes the call or Huntington?

I think with the youth of this team and going forward what is most important is morale and development. There needs to be a positive atmosphere and feel in the clubhouse, there has to be constant teaching and coaching of things even the standard things. both are things that Russell isn't currently during and if anything the Pirates have gone the opposite direction.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information