Thread: Lesnar forced to cancel fight with Carwin

sjdrewk

Default Lesnar forced to cancel fight with Carwin

Y! exclusive: Illness forces Lesnar postponement

By Kevin Iole, Yahoo! Sports
    3 hours, 26 minutes ago
    Buzz up! 230
    Print
    Brock Lesnar, the Ultimate Fighting Championship’s massive heavyweight titleholder, was forced to withdraw Monday from his highly anticipated Nov. 21 title defense in Las Vegas against Shane Carwin.

Carwin, via his Twitter feed, said the fight will be rescheduled for UFC 108 on Jan. 2.

UFC president Dana White confirmed the news to Yahoo! Sports. White said Lesnar has been ill for more than three-and-a-half weeks and unable to train. With the bout at UFC 106 less than a month away, Lesnar was forced to postpone the title defense.

“He said he’s never been this sick in his life,” White said. “He said it’s been going on for a long time and he just hasn’t been able to shake it.”

White said he does not know if Lesnar had the H1N1 virus, commonly known as swine flu.

The fight matches two of the biggest and most powerful heavyweights in the UFC. Lesnar (4-1), a former World Wrestling Entertainment star, was a junior college and NCAA Division I wrestling champion. Carwin is a former Division II national wrestling champion.

Both men weigh around 295 pounds and cut weight to make the heavyweight division’s 265-pound limit.

Carwin (11-0), who made several appearances in Los Angeles on Saturday to promote the fight, was clearly disappointed at getting the news.

“My heart just sank, as you can imagine,” Carwin told Yahoo! Sports upon hearing the news about the fight postponement.

The UFC announced Monday afternoon it will move the previously scheduled Tito Ortiz vs. Forrest Griffin fight, a rematch of an epic 2006 contest won by Ortiz on a controversial split decision, into the Nov. 21 main event slot

Editor’s note: This is an updated version of an article that appeared on Yahoo! Sports on Oct. 26.

Threads : 48
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Lesnar forced to cancel fight with Carwin

Interesting.They cancel a fight with a fighter that I absolutely cannot stand and replace that one with a fighter that I hate even worse.

Ah,well.GO FORREST!!!!

sjdrewk

What makes it suck is that they replace the fight with a non title fight with Tito. Who cares about seeing Tito fight?

Threads : 67
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by sjdrewk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What makes it suck is that they replace the fight with a non title fight with Tito. Who cares about seeing Tito fight?
    Who cares about Tito or Forrest?
    "He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert, after Lambert and the Steelers knocked Elway out of his first game as a pro (1983).

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Who cares about Tito or Forrest?
    I like Forrest(except for his antics after the Silva fight which was pathetic.)Tito can go **** himself with a sharp knife as far as I'm concerned.

I lost respect for Forrest after that. He's gonna have to work hard to get that back. But judging from the last interview I saw with him that's never gonna happen. He's changed. He's no longer the funny, goofy Forrest I loved. He's now just an ***.
    "He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert, after Lambert and the Steelers knocked Elway out of his first game as a pro (1983).

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I lost respect for Forrest after that. He's gonna have to work hard to get that back. But judging from the last interview I saw with him that's never gonna happen. He's changed. He's no longer the funny, goofy Forrest I loved. He's now just an ***.
    Really??I haven't heard much from Forrest since that fight.Wonder what happened to him??

Some might find this funny but I just see him being an ***. At 3:18 or 3:19 the reporter has the best comment. He just seems so different to me though.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuAuWoHScFg[/ame]

• Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information