Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's Browns Week!!!

Threads : 82
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sorry to interrupt with some football talk lol but I think Troy should go if he is ready. They can always pull him back out if he isn't feeling right. Or maybe even just leave him on the bench and only put him in if **** gets crazy in the second half as things have gone for us this year.

Threads : 5
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

In regards to Troy, what about put him in on situational plays? It gives him a chance to "test" the knee out and get back up to game speed.

Threads : 3263

Quote Originally Posted by Beezy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry to interrupt with some football talk lol but I think Troy should go if he is ready. They can always pull him back out if he isn't feeling right. Or maybe even just leave him on the bench and only put him in if **** gets crazy in the second half as things have gone for us this year.
    Well, this past week they said he DID "warm-up" with the team beforehand even though he was deactivated, so that would be a logical next step... But I dunno. It could take just one seemingly innocent play for him to tweak it again if he's not 100%. And we are gonna need him for the second half of the season with our schedule without any injury... If we can't beat the Browns without him, then we are in serious trouble (of course, I said the same about Detroit).... Hell, if we could somehow make it to the bye without him I'd be more than happy, but I think we DEFINITELY need him for Minn in two weeks.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 60

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post

That is a ****ing classic.

Threads : 137
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That Chic fil-a sign is great.

As for Troy, sit him. If we're losing to the stains, Troy's presence isn't going to the the x-factor.

Threads : 48

Who the **** are these "Browns?"

sjdrewk

The Browns play home games in Baltimore.

Threads : 48

Quote Originally Posted by sjdrewk View Post
    The Browns play home games in Baltimore.

Go figure.I thought they were a JV team that the rest of the NFL wipes their asses with.

sjdrewk

Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post

Go figure.I thought they were a JV team that the rest of the NFL wipes their asses with.
    Everybody uses the Browns as Tp except for, it seems, the Bills. lol

Threads : 137
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You know it's a shame, there really isn't a rivalry anymore. At least not with Steeler fans, this is just viewed as an easy win on a tough schedule.

I don't know if any of the younger guys (like I'm that old) even remember the Browns/Steelers rivalry since it ended what - 15 years ago? THAT... was a real rivalry.

It's just not a rivalry anymore. Yeah, it could start back up quick if the stains ever stop sucking, but I'd say we have more of a rivalry now (and we really don't) with the bungles than the stains.

Rats - yeah, there's a rivalry there, but still not at the same level as we had with the Browns almost two decades ago.

Threads : 60

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetchuck View Post
    You know it's a shame, there really isn't a rivalry anymore. At least not with Steeler fans, this is just viewed as an easy win on a tough schedule.

I don't know if any of the younger guys (like I'm that old) even remember the Browns/Steelers rivalry since it ended what - 15 years ago? THAT... was a real rivalry.

It's just not a rivalry anymore. Yeah, it could start back up quick if the stains ever stop sucking, but I'd say we have more of a rivalry now (and we really don't) with the bungles than the stains.

Rats - yeah, there's a rivalry there, but still not at the same level as we had with the Browns almost two decades ago.
    I remember it all to well. There was a time when I couldn't stand when we played the Browns and I was really ****ed when we lost to them. Now it's just kind of comical when we play them.

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I am leaning towards sitting Troy. If there is one game on the schedule where his absence won't matter, it should be this game.

I would rather Troy get healthy for one more week and get ready for the Vikes.

There are no stupid questions..Just stupid people!!!

Threads : 691

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetchuck View Post

Since the Browns came back as an expansion team in "99" it just hasn't been much of a rivalry. The Steelers have won 11 in a row and are 18-3 against the Browns since then. But if you look at the all-time series the Steelers are up only 4,so in the 50's and 60's it was lopsided the other way.

sjdrewk

I like your post, Ray and I agree. Expansion+lopsided rivalry since '99= rivalry is now lackluster. Sweet also said it best, the Stain fans care more about it than we do because they(both the Stains and Bungles) haven't won too many ball games against the Stillers.

Oh and personally, subconsciously I know they are not the "real" Browns. The league can do what they want and say what they want about the history of the Stains staying in Cleveland but you can't bs me. I know that the team in Maryland is, are, was/were- the real Browns. And that certainly factors in for me as a reason I'm not intense about the Browns like I had been 20 yrs. ago.
    Last edited by sjdrewk; Oct-12-2009 at 05:41 PM.

Threads : 82

Even thought they don't have many wins vs us in recent years they usually give us a game. Don't forget that. I don't think it is a legit rivalry but it is still a one way rivalry, them to us. Then again maybe not. Who on this current team do we hate? That there is long standing bad blood? There is no Winslow anymore. I don't know most of their players anymore. The defense is totally different than it was last year. I am sure Anderson hates us but he doesn't seem to be very outspoken. I am sure the ST would like to wrap up whatshisface kick returner up. As bad as they have been in recent times I think they are twice as pathetic right now. I just can't figure out how they could possibly make this a game for us. Good one for our D to pad stats. Quinn should be back in the field due to injury by the time the game is done.

I do miss the rivalry. I have a lot of friends from Cleveland (don't hold it against me) but they don't even talk trash anymore, it is just like, you guys already won this one. Pathetic.

• Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information