Thread: Houshmandzadeh agrees to terms with Ravens

Threads : 691

Default Houshmandzadeh agrees to terms with Ravens

http://http://www.nfl.com/news/story...=breaking_newsHoushmandzadeh agrees to one-year deal with Ravens By Jason La Canfora National Football League
    Published: Sept. 6, 2010 at 11:51 a.m. Updated: Sept. 6, 2010 at 12:57 p.m. Liked: 8 | Comments: 167 Email Like Print Read Discuss

Friend(s) Email

Your Email
    Send Email By Jason La Canfora National Football League

Houshmandzadeh agrees to terms with Ravens
    Leinart now a Texan
    More Columns >
    Wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh agreed to terms on a one-year veteran minimum contract with the Baltimore Ravens on Monday, according to a league source.

Houshmandzadeh was cut by the Seattle Seahawks on Saturday after only one season, as coach Pete Carroll continued his roster purge.

NFL Audio Pass

Don't miss any of the action with NFL Audio Pass, which gives you access to every game's radio calls. Find out more here.
    The Rams, Raiders, Redskins and even the Bengals, his former team, were thought to be in the mix to sign the nine-year veteran. Instead, Houshmandzadeh will return to the AFC North wearing a Ravens uniform.

He joins a receiving corps that includes Anquan Boldin, Derrick Mason and Donte Stallworth.

Houshmandzadeh will fill in immediately for Stallworth, who broke his foot during a preseason game against the New York Giants on Aug. 28 and could be sidelined for two months.

Last season, Houshmandzadeh, 32, caught 79 passes for 911 yards and three touchdowns, his fewest receptions since 2005 and his lowest touchdown total since 2002. His numbers were good enough to lead all Seahawks receivers in 2009.

When he was released by the Seahawks, Houshmandzadeh was in the second year of a five-year, $40 million deal that he signed before the 2009 season.

He is guaranteed $7 million for the 2010 season.

The Associated Press contributed to this report
    Are these morons getting dumber or just louder-Mayor Quimby

Threads : 135
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Houshmandzadeh agrees to terms with Ravens

This is bad news for us Steeler fans. Boldin+Houshmanzadeh is just bad news. They have a good running game, great D, and now the receivers to be a real threat.

The Steelers are going to have to play in the top 3 in D this year to have a chance.
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Another reason to dislike
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Threads : 82
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Ravens still have questions. I am not worried. First of all I am not convinced Flacco is good. Also two good wide receivers doesn't translate to wins. Look at the Bengals. You need good defense. The ravens don't have it anymore.

Threads : 60

Default Housh to the Ravens

Just heard on the radio that Houshmanzhada has been signed by the Ravens. The radio annoucer was talking that many people thought Ochocinco was a headcase and without doubt but, he said Housh was a bigger in locker problem to the Bengals. I'm currious to see how the Bengals and Ravens will handle things when these two play and hopefully it will keep their fires burning towards each other and allow the Steelers to throttle them under the radar.

sjdrewk

Default Re: Housh to the Ravens

Merging with already existing thread.

Threads : 206
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The guy just got cut by one of the worse teams in the league. That says enough for me!!!

Threads : 0
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Heh houseyoumama flopps as the goto big money receiver lol. I always thought he benefited from Chad's coverage attention on the other side of the field. I dont remember though if he was the other wideout or did he also get any easy slot routes as well?

Threads : 82
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by (419)BlackNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The guy just got cut by one of the worse teams in the league. That says enough for me!!!
    To keep it in perspective yeah I'd say his career **** the bed. Bouldin is an awesome receiver but they really don't have the deep threat type of guy so he may just continue to **** the bed. I am excited about seeing the ravens now! You gotta love when a hated player joins a hated team. Math made in heaven.

• Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information