Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft Can Suck my Left Nut

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Microsoft Can Suck my Left Nut

Microsoft is good for always screwing something up and usually it always centers doing something to promote and sell something else..

Right now, we're getting pretty close to seeing big time updates to the major web browsers (IE, Firefox and Chrome). Not just minor releases, IE9, Firefox 4, whatever the hell number Chrome is on. They are implementing HTML 5 code and to put that into perspective, we've been running on hTML 4 code since the 1990's so it's a big jump as far as capabilities. The browsers will also run full CSS3 capabilities which is great since Firefox and Chrome had been running some of them and IE ran none.

So, I'm excited moreso cause Internet Explorer for the first time looks like it could be good but more importantly they will render websites almost identitical to Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera etc.. This is great because it's less work to design crap. Everything here at the Pittsburgh Sports Tavern takes me twice as long to do since I have to design for everyone else and then design it for IE. So... people using Internet Explorer really are seeing a more generic version of the website.

I figured this would all end. IE9 will come out, everyone with windows or IE will automatically be forced tpdate through Windows Updates... Nope. .. ****ing windows has made it so that the **** IE9 browser won't run on XP or anything older than Vista The one good thing Microsoft makes in years and they are going to keep people from using it so that they can push their newer operating systems and computer sales

Most importantly it means I still have to do twice the work as before
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 82
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah Microsoft is pretty **** not new news. Alot of designers probably wouldn't even bother. I don't know how many people still use ie on xp but i feel sorry for them. At least use firefox if you are going to use xp.

HTML5 spells the death of flash I hear. I hope it's true, flash is garbage. My iPhone uses html5. YouTube and a lot of forward thinking sites already use it.

Default Re: Microsoft Can Suck my Left Nut

Quote Originally Posted by Beezy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah Microsoft is pretty **** not new news. Alot of designers probably wouldn't even bother. I don't know how many people still use ie on xp but i feel sorry for them. At least use firefox if you are going to use xp.

HTML5 spells the death of flash I hear. I hope it's true, flash is garbage. My iPhone uses html5. YouTube and a lot of forward thinking sites already use it.
    HTML5 is going to hurt Flash for sure but it's going to be great for video in general. The speed is going to be much better and the interactivity so much more. Youtubes been using it but we've not really seen HTML5 in use (the majority at least). So it'll be nice once it's fully incorporated

Every designer has to worry about IE. It's market share is still more than half of the browsers out there, so you're still forced to bow down to Microsoft's crummy demands. IE9 looks like it took huge strides in catching up with everything else, just a shame that 75% or more IE users won't be able to use it until they buy a new PC or upgrade operating systems.

Threads : 9

I refuse to use IE unless forced to do so.
    I just changed my desktop to Ubuntu 10.4 (Linux) from XP; I'm really happy with it so far.
    My wife is wanting to put Ubuntu on our laptops which run Win7 (she hates Microsoft).
    I'll wait until I know what I'm doing

Quote Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
    I refuse to use IE unless forced to do so.
    I just changed my desktop to Ubuntu 10.4 (Linux) from XP; I'm really happy with it so far.
    My wife is wanting to put Ubuntu on our laptops which run Win7 (she hates Microsoft).
    I'll wait until I know what I'm doing
    yeah i only use IE when i need to and only dabble with ubuntu when I have to (to much stuff to do that deals too often with microsoft).

I do like Windows 7 a whole hell of a lot though. Microsoft might get a 2-fer with Win 7 and IE9 coming out and both being good. I havent had the chance to throw on Office 2010 yet

Threads : 20
    Sports Logo

I think a lot of this affects corporations more so than individuals. Corporations seem to begrudgingly move at a snail's pace in upgrading their operating systems. I remember 6 years ago I was working at Mack Trucks and they were still using Windows 95 while the rest of the civilized world was using XP. You wanna talk slow?!@

Windows 7 is by far the best OS they have came up with. I still used XP up until it came out. Vista I don't think it was as bad as people made it out to be. I used it on my laptops for the last few years but didn't trust it for my desktop. I have been thinking about going osx for a long time tbh. I am just tired of messing around with ****. I want my computer to do what it is supposed to do with no surprises. I don't get much satisfaction from geeking around all day with it. I have to go hackentosh which kinda contradicts my other statements but once you set it up you don't have to think about it anymore. I still think apples computers are underpowered and over priced but I think the software makes sense.

Threads : 137
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Windows 7 is total ****ing crap.

It's that pig formerly known as Vista with a little lipstick put on it.

But that's what you get with a monopoly, crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetchuck View Post

JFC. What's wrong with it? I haven't found many faults tbh.

Threads : 271
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He's Probably an Apple fan Boy

Quote Originally Posted by Evilpens View Post
    He's Probably an Apple fan Boy
    Yeah but he seems to think that windows is the only os that exist (monopoly comment).

Quote Originally Posted by Blackandgold View Post
    I think a lot of this affects corporations more so than individuals. Corporations seem to begrudgingly move at a snail's pace in upgrading their operating systems. I remember 6 years ago I was working at Mack Trucks and they were still using Windows 95 while the rest of the civilized world was using XP. You wanna talk slow?!@
    Windows 95...

Windows 7 is by far the best OS they have came up with. I still used XP up until it came out. Vista I don't think it was as bad as people made it out to be. I used it on my laptops for the last few years but didn't trust it for my desktop. I have been thinking about going osx for a long time tbh. I am just tired of messing around with ****. I want my computer to do what it is supposed to do with no surprises. I don't get much satisfaction from geeking around all day with it. I have to go hackentosh which kinda contradicts my other statements but once you set it up you don't have to think about it anymore. I still think apples computers are underpowered and over priced but I think the software makes sense.
    I've used them all at one point. I didn't mind Vista. It freezes more than XP and takes forever to shut down. The prompts are annoying but other than that, I liked all of the UI changes in Vista from XP.

Mac's are fine for the things you need them for but yeah, they are overprices for what they offer

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetchuck View Post

IT is to an extent. It's what Vista should've been and more. They fxed everything wrong with Vista and then made the shutdown and loadtime of the OS (thankfully) much quicker.

JFC. What's wrong with it? I haven't found many faults tbh.
    My issues with 7 and just about every other Microsoft product isn't techy so much but it's lack of useability. Just like every other Microsoft product, it goes to lengths to promote itself. Always jamming it's products (and ads) in your face. It's hard to use. What impresses me is simplicity and effectiveness, not being encumbered with... stuff. If it takes me more than 15 seconds to figure something out, it's over-engineered and if I have to surf forums and websites for hours to figure out what switch to push to get some dumb little ****ing annoying pop-up or error message resolved than it's usefulness IMO is minimal.

No, I'm not smart enough to switch to Apple. I have, however migrated to other non-Microsoft products like Firefox and a few others. It's only a matter of time when I switch operating systems. I've already pulled 7 and Vista off of a couple of my computers and installed XP. One day I'll wake up and decide to migrate to another platform. Might not be tomorrow, but it will happen.

Here's an example - indexing. And Java. I get these "indexing" messages often and it slows down my computer. Every time I turn on my computer, I get nagged to update Java. So I scour forums to figure out how to shut these off and find the solution. Everything is fine for a couple days then all of the sudden it starts indexing again and I'm getting nagged to update Java.

That ****ing ****es me off.

Threads : 215

February makes a whole 3 years with Vista and no major problems. I agree with Kipper that 7 is what vista should have been.
    Remember, that which hath not killed you, will try again...................

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information