Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 48

Thread: Mike Wallace making most of opportunities

      
  1. #31
    Les's Avatar
    Status : Les is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 10, 2009
    Location : Secane,Pa.
    Posts : 10,207
    Threads : 48
    Last Online : Jul-04-2017 @ 07:08 AM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wallace making most of opportunities

    Quote Originally Posted by steel0710 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Wallace pull a stunt like that during the super bowl years of the 1970's someone like Joe Greene would be on him very fast. Just like Mean joe told Woodson on Rod's 1st TD., "we don't do that here". I hope someone explains the same notion to Wallace. He can celebrate on the sidelines but not in the end zone and especially not like that risking an injury -- just ridiculously crazy.
    Yeah,thats not gonna happen.Thats the way it is in today's NFL.Showing off is a part of the game.

  2. #32
    BigBen2112's Avatar
    Status : BigBen2112 is offline
    Rank : Hall Of Famer
    Join Date : Oct 13, 2009
    Posts : 5,773
    Threads : 135
    Last Online : Jun-03-2014 @ 02:44 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wallace making most of opportunities

    Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thought you said that it would be tough for him to win it without showboating???
    Oh boy...I was responding to the suggestion that he'll win the ROY award if he keeps up this pace.

    My response to that suggestion was that he'd have to continue to do more of the showboating like Sunday b/c of the media-hype of the award and how far down the "hype-ladder" he is.
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

  3. #33
    Les's Avatar
    Status : Les is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 10, 2009
    Location : Secane,Pa.
    Posts : 10,207
    Threads : 48
    Last Online : Jul-04-2017 @ 07:08 AM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wallace making most of opportunities

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh boy...I was responding to the suggestion that he'll win the ROY award if he keeps up this pace.

    My response to that suggestion was that he'd have to continue to do more of the showboating like Sunday b/c of the media-hype of the award and how far down the "hype-ladder" he is.
    So,basically,Mike Wallace will win ROY??

  4. #34
    BigBen2112's Avatar
    Status : BigBen2112 is offline
    Rank : Hall Of Famer
    Join Date : Oct 13, 2009
    Posts : 5,773
    Threads : 135
    Last Online : Jun-03-2014 @ 02:44 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wallace making most of opportunities

    Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So,basically,Mike Wallace will win ROY??


    I dunno...if he can find a way to break the hype-barrier between him and the first-rounders.
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

  5. #35
    Les's Avatar
    Status : Les is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 10, 2009
    Location : Secane,Pa.
    Posts : 10,207
    Threads : 48
    Last Online : Jul-04-2017 @ 07:08 AM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wallace making most of opportunities

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    I dunno...if he can find a way to break the hype-barrier between him and the first-rounders.
    Yeah,he needs to do more showboating to convince the voters.

  6. #36
    BigBen2112's Avatar
    Status : BigBen2112 is offline
    Rank : Hall Of Famer
    Join Date : Oct 13, 2009
    Posts : 5,773
    Threads : 135
    Last Online : Jun-03-2014 @ 02:44 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wallace making most of opportunities

    Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah,he needs to do more showboating to convince the voters.
    Tell me how many times you've seen players who dont show off and who aren't the elite talents on their teams get on TV.

    That is also why small-school players rarely win huge national awards in college football.

    Mock all you want...its a fact of the uneducated voters in the process.
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

  7. #37
    Les's Avatar
    Status : Les is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 10, 2009
    Location : Secane,Pa.
    Posts : 10,207
    Threads : 48
    Last Online : Jul-04-2017 @ 07:08 AM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wallace making most of opportunities

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tell me how many times you've seen players who dont show off and who aren't the elite talents on their teams get on TV.

    That is also why small-school players rarely win huge national awards in college football.

    Mock all you want...its a fact of the uneducated voters in the process.
    Yeah,but tell me who has won a ROY award that didn't have the numbers to back it up??

  8. #38
    BigBen2112's Avatar
    Status : BigBen2112 is offline
    Rank : Hall Of Famer
    Join Date : Oct 13, 2009
    Posts : 5,773
    Threads : 135
    Last Online : Jun-03-2014 @ 02:44 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wallace making most of opportunities

    Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah,but tell me who has won a ROY award that didn't have the numbers to back it up??
    Its not all about numbers. It is often about numbers...but if someone had similar numbers to Matt Ryan last year as a rookie, Ryan still likely would have won it b/c of his draft position, hype, and what he did for a terrible team.

    You show me the ROY award and I will show you mostly highly drafted player.

    For example...Vince Young, 2006, the dude 52% of his passes and had a 66 QB rating and won ROY...even though statistically Leinart had a better season.That season Maurice Jones-Drew and Joseph Addai had great seasons on the ground as well...and Reggie Bush had around 1300 total yards...and Marques Colston had a big season as well. Why did Vince Young become only the 3rd QB to ever win the award then? Hype. It certainly wasn't because of phenomenal achievements on the field. People knew Vince Young...he'd come off a National Title...was a prominent pick...etc etc (funny that he beat out Bush who he beat to get the National Title too huh?)

    Santonio Holmes had as many yards etc as Wallace is on pace for now...and was a 1st round pick and didn't win the award. (Just as a note...70% of the winners are RBs).
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

  9. #39
    BigBen2112's Avatar
    Status : BigBen2112 is offline
    Rank : Hall Of Famer
    Join Date : Oct 13, 2009
    Posts : 5,773
    Threads : 135
    Last Online : Jun-03-2014 @ 02:44 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wallace making most of opportunities

    Anyways, the WHOLE point of all of this is that with this type of voting, like ALL national votes, it takes more than stats and being a great football player to win...it takes notoriety and media attention...
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

  10. #40
    Les's Avatar
    Status : Les is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 10, 2009
    Location : Secane,Pa.
    Posts : 10,207
    Threads : 48
    Last Online : Jul-04-2017 @ 07:08 AM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wallace making most of opportunities

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its not all about numbers. It is often about numbers...but if someone had similar numbers to Matt Ryan last year as a rookie, Ryan still likely would have won it b/c of his draft position, hype, and what he did for a terrible team.

    You show me the ROY award and I will show you mostly highly drafted player.

    For example...Vince Young, 2006, the dude 52% of his passes and had a 66 QB rating and won ROY...even though statistically Leinart had a better season.That season Maurice Jones-Drew and Joseph Addai had great seasons on the ground as well...and Reggie Bush had around 1300 total yards...and Marques Colston had a big season as well. Why did Vince Young become only the 3rd QB to ever win the award then? Hype. It certainly wasn't because of phenomenal achievements on the field. People knew Vince Young...he'd come off a National Title...was a prominent pick...etc etc (funny that he beat out Bush who he beat to get the National Title too huh?)

    Santonio Holmes had as many yards etc as Wallace is on pace for now...and was a 1st round pick and didn't win the award. (Just as a note...70% of the winners are RBs).
    Pulled this off of Wiki......

    In 2006, The team finished at 88, a definite improvement over the previous year's mark of 412. The year saw Vince Young lead the team to an 85 record as the starting quarterback. That span also included 6 straight victories. The team's chances of making the postseason at 97 ended at the hands of the New England Patriots in a 4023 defeat.

    Maybe Young won the award because he almost put the team in the post season after the Titans' pathetic 2005 season??

  11. #41
    BigBen2112's Avatar
    Status : BigBen2112 is offline
    Rank : Hall Of Famer
    Join Date : Oct 13, 2009
    Posts : 5,773
    Threads : 135
    Last Online : Jun-03-2014 @ 02:44 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wallace making most of opportunities

    Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pulled this off of Wiki......

    In 2006, The team finished at 88, a definite improvement over the previous year's mark of 412. The year saw Vince Young lead the team to an 85 record as the starting quarterback. That span also included 6 straight victories. The team's chances of making the postseason at 97 ended at the hands of the New England Patriots in a 4023 defeat.

    Maybe Young won the award because he almost put the team in the post season after the Titans' pathetic 2005 season??
    Oh yeah...it was Young, and not the rest of the team...that improved to get to post-season caliber. I mean look at those gaudy numbers

    You also stated that ROY have the numbers to get the award and I was simply saying that they dont always--ala Vince Young.

    Anyways....
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

  12. #42
    Les's Avatar
    Status : Les is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 10, 2009
    Location : Secane,Pa.
    Posts : 10,207
    Threads : 48
    Last Online : Jul-04-2017 @ 07:08 AM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wallace making most of opportunities

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh yeah...it was Young, and not the rest of the team...that improved to get to post-season caliber. I mean look at those gaudy numbers

    You also stated that ROY have the numbers to get the award and I was simply saying that they dont always--ala Vince Young.

    Anyways....
    Vince Young is da ****in' bomb yo.

  13. #43
    Palmetto Steel's Avatar
    Status : Palmetto Steel is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 9, 2009
    Posts : 23,379
    Threads : 3263
    Last Online : Nov-30-2015 @ 06:36 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wallace making most of opportunities

    Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Vince Young is da ****in' bomb yo.
    ... As a USC fan, I disagree.... ......................................
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

  14. #44
    Les's Avatar
    Status : Les is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 10, 2009
    Location : Secane,Pa.
    Posts : 10,207
    Threads : 48
    Last Online : Jul-04-2017 @ 07:08 AM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wallace making most of opportunities

    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ... As a USC fan, I disagree.... ......................................

    January 4, 2006* Texas 41 Southern California 38




  15. #45
    Palmetto Steel's Avatar
    Status : Palmetto Steel is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 9, 2009
    Posts : 23,379
    Threads : 3263
    Last Online : Nov-30-2015 @ 06:36 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mike Wallace making most of opportunities

    Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    January 4, 2006* Texas 41 Southern California 38



    I now need more Rolaids....
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •