Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HTML5 showcase (google chrome)

Threads : 82
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default HTML5 showcase (google chrome)

Must use the latest Google Chrome... it might work in the latest Safari. Been using Chrome lately myself.

http://www.thewildernessdowntown.com/

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: HTML5 showcase (google chrome)

I try not to use chrome so ive definitely not upgraded to check out HTML5.

I'll be checking them all out soon enough. HTML5 excites me
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I try not to use chrome so ive definitely not upgraded to check out HTML5.

I'll be checking them all out soon enough. HTML5 excites me
    I put Chrome on the wifes laptop so I can use it without having to logout of all of her stuff. I actually really like it now. I might put it on the desktop again. I like Safari on my phone too. I still like Firefox but it is getting a little bloated.

Firefox is only bloated for me because of the add-on's,. chrome would be the same if I took the time to add-on all of their extensions but **** Google

I'll have them all put on my main PC in time. For now, I have to test too much so I need to stick with what the public has. Putting beta's on my PC takes up a crap load of space too considering I have Firefox, IE, Chrome, Safari and Opera all installed.

was the html5 on that site pretty sweet though?

It's pretty sweet yeah. Worth checking out imo. I know **** google I have growing skeptical of them for a while now. They are all kinda evil. I guess I have always liked Firefox because they aren't a major corporation. Anyway I have balanced things by using Bing as the default search engine on Chrome. On all other browsers google is the search engine Good point on the browser being as bloated as you want it. I don't add that many add ons. I like the fireftp but I don't use that much else. Like to keep it clean.

Threads : 48
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Beezy View Post
    It's pretty sweet yeah. Worth checking out imo. I know **** google I have growing skeptical of them for a while now. They are all kinda evil. I guess I have always liked Firefox because they aren't a major corporation. Anyway I have balanced things by using Bing as the default search engine on Chrome. On all other browsers google is the search engine Good point on the browser being as bloated as you want it. I don't add that many add ons. I like the fireftp but I don't use that much else. Like to keep it clean.
    Man,Bing is the worst search engine ever created.Terrible!!!!Verizon has it pre-installed on all their BBs and I can't stand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    Man,Bing is the worst search engine ever created.Terrible!!!!Verizon has it pre-installed on all their BBs and I can't stand it.
    Noted. Haven't really used it that much yet.

Threads : 9

Cool project...

I've been using Chrome for about a year. Started using it when I got a new laptop with Windows 7.
    I hate IE
    I get tired of updating Firefox
    I have no use for Bing
    Don't like Windows either
    I see a day when I'll be running Linux on all of my computers

Threads : 20
    Sports Logo

When are the Chinese going to come out with a search engine?

It'as not terribler but Microsoft search engines have always left a lot to be desired. I do like the "birds eye view" option on bing Maps. It takes an aerial photo which are grainy and sort of crappy in Google and of course in bingmaps and in bing Maps it really improves the image.

It'as not terribler but Microsoft search engines have always left a lot to be desired. I do like the "birds eye view" option on bing Maps. It takes an aerial photo which are grainy and sort of crappy in Google and of course in bingmaps and in bing Maps it really improves the image.
    Never used Bing maps and that has to do with the fact the I hate Bing. Miss google being on my BB.

So....

I've been using IE9 on the PC and laptop. so far, it's a huge improvement over IE8 IMO. Just the fact that it renders web pages correctly gave me a stiffy. I did some HTML5 tests with IE9 and Chrome 6 which has HTML5 abilities and is the most recent Chrome browser and IE9 was actually blowing it away in speed tests.

It worked nicely because at the time I had both browsers at bare bones so it was a pretty even matchup. In any case, I've been really impressed with IE9. There's a little "hitch" when you click on something before it starts rendering the page when it renders it does it fast, IMO faster than Chrome with images. that "hitch" should get correct before IE9 goes into RC1. another thing that was nice is that IE9 works a lot ,like Google Chrome in that each tab is a separate process. I had a page that didn't work and with IE7 or IE8, the browser would usually be forced to shut down, with IE9, just that Tab needs shut down.

------

After that I went and did another test that I had seen some tech geeks do and wanted to do it myself. I took Google Chrome (and this is the more advanced HTML5 capable Chrome 6) and loaded it down with "Extensions". My goal was to try and load it with as many customizations that I use with Firefox. now granted, Google Chrome doesn't have anywhere near the amount of add-ons/extensions that firefox has so naturally I was onl;y able to find about 1/4 of what I use with Firefox so i went and threw on some other random Extensions just to weigh down Google Chrome to match firefox..

Then I ran both and Chrome dragged pretty badly. That browser truly is made to be light weight and bare bones. You put too much on top of it and it just felt like it was too weak to carry it all. Firefox 3 was actually moving faster for me

Never used Bing maps and that has to do with the fact the I hate Bing. Miss google being on my BB.
    I use both. I like Google for going down and walking around and checking out the street view but for anything aerial, I actually use bingmaps because of the Birds Eye View

So....

I've been using IE9 on the PC and laptop. so far, it's a huge improvement over IE8 IMO. Just the fact that it renders web pages correctly gave me a stiffy. I did some HTML5 tests with IE9 and Chrome 6 which has HTML5 abilities and is the most recent Chrome browser and IE9 was actually blowing it away in speed tests.

It worked nicely because at the time I had both browsers at bare bones so it was a pretty even matchup. In any case, I've been really impressed with IE9. There's a little "hitch" when you click on something before it starts rendering the page when it renders it does it fast, IMO faster than Chrome with images. that "hitch" should get correct before IE9 goes into RC1. another thing that was nice is that IE9 works a lot ,like Google Chrome in that each tab is a separate process. I had a page that didn't work and with IE7 or IE8, the browser would usually be forced to shut down, with IE9, just that Tab needs shut down.

------

After that I went and did another test that I had seen some tech geeks do and wanted to do it myself. I took Google Chrome (and this is the more advanced HTML5 capable Chrome 6) and loaded it down with "Extensions". My goal was to try and load it with as many customizations that I use with Firefox. now granted, Google Chrome doesn't have anywhere near the amount of add-ons/extensions that firefox has so naturally I was onl;y able to find about 1/4 of what I use with Firefox so i went and threw on some other random Extensions just to weigh down Google Chrome to match firefox..

Then I ran both and Chrome dragged pretty badly. That browser truly is made to be light weight and bare bones. You put too much on top of it and it just felt like it was too weak to carry it all. Firefox 3 was actually moving faster for me
    So,you recommend IE9??Ive been having issues with pages loading for the past week now.Not sure if its Chrome or what??Whenever I click on a page it takes forever to load,but once im on that page(like the Tavern)I can click through the forum with no problem.Weird.

I like Google for going down
    Thats what she said.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information