Thread: Sweep!

Threads : 413

Default Sweep!

A sweep is a sweep is a sweep. What with the Steelers taking over the spotlight now, the Buccos are pretty much an afterthought. Yesterday's 9th inning win and today's comeback were nevertheless impressive. I'm still sipping the Koolaid and hoping we can get some pitching help next year. Walker, Cutch, Tabata and Pedro are a pretty good nucleus and should continue to get better, particularly as the team in whole gets better.

POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON!

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Sweep!

ive been dvr'ing the games and watching the later for most of the year and these ones have been no different. It was a good sweep. Arizona might be slightl;y better than us record wise but they are pretty crappy but we swept and that's all that matters,

Cutch is now up to 16 homers on the year. Never thought his power potential would rise this quickly. It was supposed to develop later and it's developed earlier than I think most expected and anticipated.

There's a lot of good and positive to look forward to in the future. I don't know if all of the fixes we need are there in the offseason. It's doubtful that the major help is there in free Agency and trades take 2 partners and one has to be willing
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 197

Aside from the two Duke starts and the late innings of the Morton vs. Mets game when the bullpen scrubs came in, the team has actually played pretty well the past two weeks. It's only 6-7 in the last 13, but they've been in most of the games and there haven't been too many of those moments where the team is just impossible to watch. That's all I really ask for these days. Would be nice if they continued that through the close of the season.

Threads : 22

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ive been dvr'ing the games and watching the later for most of the year and these ones have been no different. It was a good sweep. Arizona might be slightl;y better than us record wise but they are pretty crappy but we swept and that's all that matters,

Cutch is now up to 16 homers on the year. Never thought his power potential would rise this quickly. It was supposed to develop later and it's developed earlier than I think most expected and anticipated.

There's a lot of good and positive to look forward to in the future. I don't know if all of the fixes we need are there in the offseason. It's doubtful that the major help is there in free Agency and trades take 2 partners and one has to be willing
    LMAO - I hate to even admit this again....

On Smizik's blog, he was just 'ripping' on Cutch and how bad a year he is having after a hot start

Threads : 5
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I watched the game yesterday while listening to the Steelers game on Sirius (Where I live, the Ravens were broadcasted).

It was exciting to watch Walkers HR in the 8th. Yep, yesterday was a good day. Pirates win-check, Steelers win-check, Ravens lose-check, Patriots lose-check. Kielbasa w/ Pierogies and onions-check. Life is good.

Threads : 91
    Sports Logo Sports Logo

Make it four in a row.

Maybe they can win out and finish below 100 losses.
    "Nice catch, Hayes. Don't ever ****in' do it again." -Lou Brown

Threads : 35

Break up the Bucs!

Quote Originally Posted by jnn123 View Post
    Aside from the two Duke starts and the late innings of the Morton vs. Mets game when the bullpen scrubs came in, the team has actually played pretty well the past two weeks. It's only 6-7 in the last 13, but they've been in most of the games and there haven't been too many of those moments where the team is just impossible to watch. That's all I really ask for these days. Would be nice if they continued that through the close of the season.
    I felt like it was that Braves series that had that more competitive feel to it. They followed that series up with the one against the Reds and the Pirates were very competitive in both series. They won the Braves series and although they lost the reds series, the games they lost were in extra innings.

I'm with you that all you want to see is a team being competitive, having a chance to win a game and not be out of it by the 3rd inning

Quote Originally Posted by moneytalks View Post
    LMAO - I hate to even admit this again....

On Smizik's blog, he was just 'ripping' on Cutch and how bad a year he is having after a hot start
    Cuitch has had a down year in some aspects but shown improvement in a lot of aspects. His BA is down. BFD. His power numbers are doing well, K numbers are a nice improvement as well. He's K'ing a lot less, despite drawing less BB's.

I think he's going to be fine. His splits are interesting though. When he bats leadoff he's hitting batting a very poor .259 for whatever reason but he's also got 11 of his 16 homers batting lead off. Batting 3rd he's hitting .302 but with only 4 homers. His OPS hitting 3rd his much better than at Leadoff.

But.... our only other leadoff option is Tabata and his numbers are nearly night and day batting 1st and 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by Waiting for LaRoche View Post
    Make it four in a row.

Maybe they can win out and finish below 100 losses.
    I thought about that as well and then I bought my mega millions ticket and figured I had a better chance of hitting that

Threads : 91
    Sports Logo Sports Logo

5 in a row.

Let's keep it going.
    "Nice catch, Hayes. Don't ever ****in' do it again." -Lou Brown

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I hear people asking if these 5 wins in a row mean anything. Yes they do, at least from the aspect that these kids haven't given up. It shows that there is a different culture taking over the clubhouse, that the players are still fighting and running out every ground ball. This is partly how losing teams begin to become winners.
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Threads : 8

Quote Originally Posted by Steelreign View Post
    I hear people asking if these 5 wins in a row mean anything. Yes they do, at least from the aspect that these kids haven't given up. It shows that there is a different culture taking over the clubhouse, that the players are still fighting and running out every ground ball. This is partly how losing teams begin to become winners.
    I find it interesting that when the Bucs win games late in the season the Haters say "September games are meaningless" but when the Bucs lose the games suddenly are important. It just depends on your agenda.

In my opinon, winning games is never meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelreign View Post
    I'm more on the side where I don't really see the 5 game winning streak meaning a whole lot to the future just like I don't see a 5 game losing streak meaning much to the future either...

But I don't like to see the winning streaks and who knows maybe this could be one of those few times where it makes a difference. Just have seen so many streaks amount to nothing in the past

Quote Originally Posted by CPA17 View Post
    I find it interesting that when the Bucs win games late in the season the Haters say "September games are meaningless" but when the Bucs lose the games suddenly are important. It just depends on your agenda.

In my opinon, winning games is never meaningless.
    Wins and loses always bear meaning because they are positives. I'm personally one of those people that thinks people can get a little overboard with winning and losing streaks especially in aseball when the season is so long

Threads : 45

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    I'm more on the side where I don't really see the 5 game winning streak meaning a whole lot to the future just like I don't see a 5 game losing streak meaning much to the future either...

But I don't like to see the winning streaks and who knows maybe this could be one of those few times where it makes a difference. Just have seen so many streaks amount to nothing in the past

Wins and loses always bear meaning because they are positives. I'm personally one of those people that thinks people can get a little overboard with winning and losing streaks especially in aseball when the season is so long

I think they mean something when it comes to the young guys psyche. In the grand scheme of things, no they don't mean much. But for a young team trying to learn how to win and play with confidence, a winning streak could be just what flips the switch going forward.

Threads : 215

Here's hope that switch get's flicked!

Threads : 45

Well they got thumped yesterday. Let's see how they react and play today and this weekend.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information