Thread: Leftwich Resigned

Threads : 60

Default Leftwich Resigned

QB Leftwich returns to Steelers

September 20, 2010

PITTSBURGH—Quarterback Byron Leftwich has re-signed with the Pittsburgh Steelers after being released to create a roster spot for a defensive lineman.

Leftwich, who may start Sunday's game at Tampa Bay, was let go Saturday in a procedural move so Steve McLendon could be activated for the Tennessee game. McLendon had a fumble recovery during the Steelers' 19-11 victory, but was released Monday so Leftwich could return.

Leftwich was expected to start throughout quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's four-game suspension, only to his sprain his left knee in the Steelers' final preseason game Sept. 2. He hasn't played since.

Hopefully, he will be ready to go on Sunday. I can't think it will get any worse after watching the Dixon and Batch show.
    Last edited by LasVegasGuy; Sep-20-2010 at 04:29 PM.

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Leftwich Resigned

You mean he didn't stay with Cleveland?..... ......
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 48
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I read the thread title and thought he quit.

Threads : 60

Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I read the thread title and thought he quit.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    QB Leftwich returns to Steelers

September 20, 2010

PITTSBURGH—Quarterback Byron Leftwich has re-signed with the Pittsburgh Steelers after being released to create a roster spot for a defensive lineman.

Leftwich, who may start Sunday's game at Tampa Bay, was let go Saturday in a procedural move so Steve McLendon could be activated for the Tennessee game. McLendon had a fumble recovery during the Steelers' 19-11 victory, but was released Monday so Leftwich could return.

Leftwich was expected to start throughout quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's four-game suspension, only to his sprain his left knee in the Steelers' final preseason game Sept. 2. He hasn't played since.

Hopefully, he will be ready to go on Sunday. I can't think it will get any worse after watching the Dixon and Batch show.
    It could get a lot worse. Did you watch Vince Young sunday? As terrible as Dixon has looked (I didn't think Batch looked that bad, would've looked better if some catches were made to balls that were catchable) and Batch, they aren't turning the ball over. Anytime you protect the football and you have a defense like the Steelers Defense, you give yourself a large percentage of a chance to win games.

I like Leftwich as an option more than Dixon 10 days a week and Leftwich could throw for 250 yards but he could also easily turn the ball over just enough times that hurts us.

Whoever is QB needs to just continue protecting the ball and we have a chance to go 4-0. We could've beaten Baltimore last year with Dixon had he not thrown that crucial pick and hell, the Ravens almost lost to a Jets team in Week 1 that got a Dennis Dixon performance from Mark Sanchez
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information