Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kennedy out tonight

Threads : 58

Default Kennedy out tonight

Penguins winger Tyler Kennedy will miss tonight's game against Montreal because of an undisclosed injury, coach Dan Bylsma said this morning.

Kennedy is listed as day-to-day. His spot in the lineup will be taken by rookie Chris Bourque.

Winger Pascal Dupuis, who missed the past two days of practice because of illness, returned for the morning skate today and is expected to be in the lineup against the Canadiens.
    Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09301...#ixzz0VFPEKbVZ

Threads : 48
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Kennedy out tonight

TFK is out,but at least we get Dupuis back.

Watching Crosby play with a scoreless Kunitz and Malkin play with a ghost in Dupuis, I just hope it's nothing serious.

Threads : 23
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That sucks. I wonder if they'll let Bourque play with Geno's line more tonight? He can't do any less than Dupuis.

Quote Originally Posted by jmd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That sucks. I wonder if they'll let Bourque play with Geno's line more tonight? He can't do any less than Dupuis.
    Amen to that.

Threads : 82

This is going to get old hearing this but when are we going to cut these bums and call up Caputi and Tangradi? Why don't we move Rupp up instead of having Dupuis or Bourque.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezy View Post
    This is going to get old hearing this but when are we going to cut these bums and call up Caputi and Tangradi? Why don't we move Rupp up instead of having Dupuis or Bourque.
    My guess? The heads in charge do not feel those two are ready to contribute at the NHL level on a full-time basis. I can't say that I totally disagree with them. I'm not sure I would feel comfortable with the organization rushing either of the two.

Although, when a guy like Kennedy is out for hopefully a short period of time, I wouldn't mind seeing one of the two called up and get the nod over Dupuis, who can't find the back of the net if he had an OnStar system attached to his forehead.
    Last edited by Pittsburgh; Oct-28-2009 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pittsburgh View Post
    My guess? The heads in charge do not feel those two are ready to contribute at the NHL level on a full-time basis. I can't say that I totally disagree with them. I'm not sure I would feel comfortable with the organization rushing either of the two.

Although, when a guy like Kennedy is out for hopefully a short period of time, I wouldn't mind seeing one of the two called up and get the nod over Dupuis, who can't find the back of the net if he had an OnStar system attached to his forehead.
    I don't think you rush those guys if you don't have to but big league experience is invaluable. They couldn't possibly play worse than Dupuis could they? I think we are due for some kind of call up either way.

Kunitz tho, man I wish this guy would produce at least a little more. I like a lot of the things he does on the ice but I can't help but think he is slowing Sid down. Once again we have a whole team of 3rd and 4th liners except for a couple. Oh well it seemed to work out ok for us in the past lol

Threads : 23

I believe Tangradi is hurt right now? He hass 1 assist in 3 games.

I don't think you rush those guys if you don't have to but big league experience is invaluable. They couldn't possibly play worse than Dupuis could they? I think we are due for some kind of call up either way.
    I agree completely. That's why I think they should get their NHL experience tonight with Kennedy out of the lineup. I'm just not keen on bring them up here and putting the full load on them night in and night out.

Kunitz tho, man I wish this guy would produce at least a little more. I like a lot of the things he does on the ice but I can't help but think he is slowing Sid down. Once again we have a whole team of 3rd and 4th liners except for a couple. Oh well it seemed to work out ok for us in the past lol
    You and me both Beezy. While I realize the guy has always been a streaky goal scorer, one goal in forty games is not cutting it in my book. I love what he brings to the team outside of scoring goals, but when you're playing on a line with Sid you have to put some pucks away. The local media and some fans can make all the excuses in the world for the guy, but there are slumps and then there is what Kunitz is going through right now.

While neither player will ever publicly voice their opinion on the matter, it has to be frustrating for both Malkin and Crosby. My only other suggestion would be to break up the third line when Kennedy comes back. It's not something I would be thrilled about doing and I know Bylsma is not crazy about the idea, but outside of making a trade or two I'm out of idea's.

That's probably why I do not manage a professional hockey team.
    Last edited by Pittsburgh; Oct-28-2009 at 12:36 PM.

Threads : 34

You don't want to rush those 2 to the NHL until they are ready to contribute on the top two lines. We don't need them seeing limited duty on the fourth line to "get their feet wet" meanwhile they are using up service time and inching closer to a big contract. In today's game (with the Cap) I think the smart thing to do is make sure they are ready, that way , You see what you have and can make a better decision when it comes time to lock them in. just sayin...

Quote Originally Posted by BGK View Post
    You don't want to rush those 2 to the NHL until they are ready to contribute on the top two lines. We don't need them seeing limited duty on the fourth line to "get their feet wet" meanwhile they are using up service time and inching closer to a big contract. In today's game (with the Cap) I think the smart thing to do is make sure they are ready, that way , You see what you have and can make a better decision when it comes time to lock them in. just sayin...
    I envisioned them played 20 games or so up here. Prepare them for a full time job next year. Kinda like Gogo last year or Letang the year before. I am sure you are right tho which is why they will probably hold off bringing them up as long as possible.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BGK View Post
    That's probably the most rational explanation. Without scouting them and what not, who knows how close they are to being able to really contribute somewhat comfortable on a scoring line.

It's just a major having to see Dupuis on a scoring line. Guy has no business being there.

...and it sucks not having TFK in tonight, that's going to hurt the energy...well everything on that 3rd line.

Threads : 85
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

i have just accepted the fact that kunitz is streaky as all hell and we are not going to find that 40 goal scorer until we grow one from WBS. So ill just be patient with what we have and hope kunitz gets out of the funk. I will give him credit for still coming out and playing hard though.

Threads : 6

Quote Originally Posted by Pittsburgh View Post

Interestingly enough, he does have 1 more goal than Kunitz at less than half the salary. How's that for value?!?!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information