Thread: With the 32nd pick in the 2011 draft, the Steelers take.....................

Threads : 91

Default With the 32nd pick in the 2011 draft, the Steelers take.....................

What do you want to see our brain-trust do in the upcoming draft? With what we are seeing right now there is no glaring weakness, just some guys playing lights out in the twilight of their careers.

O Line?
    D Line?
    Secondary?
    Wide Receiver?

Where, in the draft, do we address the gaping hole at back up QB? Batch can't last forever and after him we have NOTHING! Lefty has shown sparks but his body of work is weak. Dixon is pure dog meat!

Threads : 29

Default Re: With the 32nd pick in the 2011 draft, the Steelers take.....................

Jeebus...........

I'm just enjoying the 3-0 start and someone starts a draft thread.

I think continuing to work on the OL is a good idea and that's where I'd look at this point but it's a bit early.

Threads : 91

Default Re: With the 32nd pick in the 2011 draft, the Steelers take.....................

Well, it's more of a discussion about what people think our weak spots might be. I just disguised it as a draft thread.

Threads : 164
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'll bite....the best Offensive T or DE available.
    "ARRRGGHHH THERE WILL BE MUTTON TONIGHT!" Said the Troll

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd like to see an OT.
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Threads : 158

DE

Threads : 1817

NT. Hampton is OLD, Hoke is OLD and it's an important part of a 3-4 defense. The O-Line could benefit from drafting a strong Tackle but they aren't always there when you draft and you don't want to reach. I think that at 32 hypothetically you're going to find better D-Line talent than O-Line talent which flies off the shelf earlier in the draft.

If we draft a backup QB I'll go ape****. Those guys are available dirt cheap in Free Agency every year and guess what? you don't have to waste a draft pick that you want to use on a potential STARTER to draft a backup
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 126

Personally, I'd like to see this season play out first before giving my opinion on any possible weaknesses that need to be addressed. What we think may not be a need now may become a need after the season due to injury, decline in play at a certain position, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackNGoldRules View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Personally, I'd like to see this season play out first before giving my opinion on any possible weaknesses that need to be addressed. What we think may not be a need now may become a need after the season due to injury, decline in play at a certain position, etc.
    Completely agree which is why I went with the replace an aging position of great importance. In reality it's going to depend on what is there for the Steelers when they draft. If there's not a strong OL guy when the Steelers pick, they won't be going the OL route, If there's not a strong DL player when the Steelers pick they won't go that way.. The Steelers won't be making reaches

Threads : 277

OL with first two picks!

Quote Originally Posted by DCBILL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OL with first two picks!
    and if they aren't the best players available or really any good or are major reaches you just want to draft OL guys just because?

That's awful General Management

Threads : 82
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think it's the same as every year for a long time. I'd take DL, OL. You never have enough of those guys. I think we can pretty much cross linebackers and wide receivers off the list at least for this year. I'd also take db at any position and RB. I was thinking draft qb but I think Kipper is right. There are always guys out there you can sign. Not sure the current staff can develop a guy anyway. Sign a young guy with a bit of experience. Anderson might be looking for a team again next year. I still like him for a back up. Dime a dozen really.

Threads : 277

Now that you've anointed me GM, I am going to get rid of those **** black and gold unis and go for chartreuse or pink. (Think about the marketing opportunities.)

Then dump that silly 3 colored "thingie" on the helmet. Should always have had one on the other side but the other GMs weren't bright enough to see that.

Probably then start drafting players capable of playing "the old Single Wing," which nobody will be able to stop because they haven't seen it in their life time.

Uh, the Draft, the Draft. I'd likely take two O Linemen with my first two picks because we need a top end Guard and soon will need an OT.

Thanks for the promotion, Kip. You won't be disappointed.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information