Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Predict the final cuts

Threads : 135
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Predict the final cuts

Who thinks we see Tangradi and Depres stay around?
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

Threads : 82
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think Tangradi is in. Good fit for Malkin. Despres, I doubt it.

Threads : 15

Default Re: Predict the final cuts

Tangradi makes it, Engelland over Despres

Threads : 271

Quote Originally Posted by pendog66 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tangradi makes it, Engelland over Despres
    Engelland is a Turd & if Despres Makes it he won't be here as a 7th D man he will be 6th at worst or there is NO reason for him to be here

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Evilpens View Post
    Engelland is a Turd & if Despres Makes it he won't be here as a 7th D man he will be 6th at worst or there is NO reason for him to be here
    You obviously know next to nothing about Defense. Engelland is a good strong defensive player that adds an added dimension of ability to fight.
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112 View Post
    Who thinks we see Tangradi and Depres stay around?
    Tough to say. I can't see them keeping Depres and if they did it wont be for a 7th spot since that would retard his development to ride the pine.

Tangradi "SHOULD" stay but Ray Shero hates promoting WBS forwards to top line roles so who knows

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    You obviously know next to nothing about Defense. Engelland is a good strong defensive player that adds an added dimension of ability to fight.
    AHL D Man that will be exposed as soon as he plays regular minutes in the NHL

AHL D Man that will be exposed as soon as he plays regular minutes in the NHL
    He already has, infact he was on the top paring for a couple games last year! He is solid and can punch the **** out of some players, we have no one else like that in the system.

Top Pairing In Pgh. ??? hahahahahaha Don't think so Tim, I watch EVERY game !! Oh Boy he can punch People WHOOOO HOOOOO Did you notice that the Canucks released a MUCH better version of Engelland in Shane O'Brien yesterday ?? if you can't skate in the new NHL as a D Man you are ****ed unless you are like Hall Gill & 6' 7"

Top Pairing In Pgh. ??? hahahahahaha Don't think so Tim, I watch EVERY game !! Oh Boy he can punch People WHOOOO HOOOOO Did you notice that the Canucks released a MUCH better version of Engelland in Shane O'Brien yesterday ?? if you can't skate in the new NHL as a D Man you are ****ed unless you are like Hall Gill & 6' 7"
    Name is not Tim. I am sure we could dig it up via gdt.

Kips graphics are gone? That's a shame but Eng was up between game 15 and 25. One game was completely WBS defense and I am pretty sure it was Eng and Lovejoy on the top line.

Maybe you should start paying attention when you actually6 watch the games. Anyone can stare at a screen for a couple of hours, only a few can retain the information they see.

Engelland recieved Top pairing minutes last year. He was playing during a time when Gonchar and Orpik and Letang were all out of the lineup and we were trotting out these defensive corps..

Goligoski, Skoula, McKee, Engelland, Lovejoy, Eaton, Guenin ... Bylsma was skating Defensive guys everywhere. Engelland was skating against opposing teams top offensive players and he did really well. He skates well laterally and is a solid stay at home defenseman with a good outlet pass and sturdy positioning. He's not going to win any awards but he's a good solid Defensive Defenseman that doesn't treat the puck like a live grenade

Quote Originally Posted by Beezy View Post
    Kips graphics are gone? That's a shame but Eng was up between game 15 and 25. One game was completely WBS defense and I am pretty sure it was Eng and Lovejoy on the top line.
    graphics are gone?? hmmm..

i just looked them up on the computer for the lineups since i saved them all and you're right,. even though i have the pairings drawn up in a "guess what the hell they could be fashion" we skated quite a few games with backups

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    Maybe you should start paying attention when you actually6 watch the games. Anyone can stare at a screen for a couple of hours, only a few can retain the information they see.

Engelland recieved Top pairing minutes last year. He was playing during a time when Gonchar and Orpik and Letang were all out of the lineup and we were trotting out these defensive corps..

[HIGH-LIGHT]Goligoski, Skoula, McKee, Engelland, Lovejoy, Eaton, [/HIGH-LIGHT]Guenin ... Bylsma was skating Defensive guys everywhere. Engelland was skating against opposing teams top offensive players and he did really well. He skates well laterally and is a solid stay at home defenseman with a good outlet pass and sturdy positioning. He's not going to win any awards but he's a good solid Defensive Defenseman that doesn't treat the puck like a live grenade
    Gogo is a 5th D man this year, Skoula has fled to Russia to play, in other words Can't Play in the NHL, McKee is basically been retired by the NHL GM's & Eaton signed with the Isles who sign guys that have Nowhere else to go Gee Wonder why he was playing & Again O'Brien was cut by the Canucks, A guy who has spent most of his career in the NHL versus Engelland a Guy who only gets a call up from the AHL when there are injuries. If you wanta Tough Guy D man who can punch the **** out of Guys Claim him, He is LIGHT YEARS better thasn Engelland & that ain't saying much

Gogo is a 5th D man this year, Skoula has fled to Russia to play, in other words Can't Play in the NHL, McKee is basically been retired by the NHL GM's & Eaton signed with the Isles who sign guys that have Nowhere else to go Gee Wonder why he was playing & Again O'Brien was cut by the Canucks, A guy who has spent most of his career in the NHL versus Engelland a Guy who only gets a call up from the AHL when there are injuries. If you wanta Tough Guy D man who can punch the **** out of Guys Claim him, He is LIGHT YEARS better thasn Engelland & that ain't saying much
    What part don't you understand about how these guys had to skate as top pairings last year? You have gone completely off topic to discuss things that nobody is really discussing because you were proven wrong and you can't just walk away.

He already has, infact he was on the top paring for a couple games last year!
    ^^^^^ that was Beezy's quote that you tried to claim with the below quote....

Top Pairing In Pgh. ??? hahahahahaha Don't think so Tim, I watch EVERY game
    And you were proven wrong

O'Brien being cut by the Canucks has absolutely nothing to do in this discussion whatsoever. The point was.. You were WRONG!!!!! about Engelland not skating with a top pairing last year despite your claims that you watched every game (so did the rest of us )

I'll repeat it again since you really don't understand Defensive concepts since you tried to claim that Michel Therrien was a defensive GENIUS!!!! Engelland is sound defensively who doesn't get pulled out of position easy. He has solid lateral skating ability along with a good outlet pass. He also will fight middleweights. He won't win any awards but he's far better than what you think (wrongly I might add) about him and he played well with the Pens last year facing some of the opponents top players.

JFC, I swear I should buy some Focus Factor and hand the **** out like candy

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information