Thread: * ATTN: ALL MEMBERS! PLEASE READ THIS! *

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default * ATTN: ALL MEMBERS! PLEASE READ THIS! *

If you didn't get the e-mail or read your PMs, the board will be down for maintenance just after midnight tonight... So be advised....

They are telling us that it will be 4-8 hours.... Possibly longer due to propogation to the new server with the new IP addresses...

If you failed to read the memos sent to you via PM and e-mail, here is what Kipper sent out earlier today to your e-mail addresses as well as PM....

We wanted to inform everyone via PM/E-Mail and Threads on the board that as of Midnight (12am EST) tonight (Friday, August 8) we will be having the server upgraded for reliability in the future and more expansion. We discussed this option with our New Host that we switched to in August and what is going to happen is that the Pittsburgh Sports Tavern will be down starting around Midnight for about 4-8 Hours. We chose a dead traffic time to begin the upgrading process.

After they are finished upgrading, we will then go through the Domain propagation process which can take anywhere from a couple of hours to an extremely unlikely 72 hours. Nothing else will change. Once the website is back up, you shouldn't notice any differences or changes on the front end.

We decided that this was a good time to do this since it's a Bye-Week for Football and it should all get done in between the first 2 Pittsburgh Penguins games.

Anyone that has Football picks, just as a pre-caution, get those in to Foslrock and Ranrod on the board or if you know how to get a hold of them privately. Picks can always be changed closer to game time. If one wants, you can even E-mail me (Kipper - pittsburghsportstavern@gmail.com) and I'll make sure your picks are taken care of. I don't believe we'll be down that long at all, but it's just a pre-caution I wanted to throw out there.

If anyone has any questions, my E-mail is in the previous paragraph.

Kipper & NKySteeler
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 137
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: * ATTN: ALL MEMBERS! PLEASE READ THIS! *

Darkness descends...

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetchuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Darkness descends...
    LoL!.... It should soon.... But hopefully not for very long.....
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Well folks... Looks like things are complete... And it was rather painless for us...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information