Thread: Albert Haynesworth's half brother killed

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Albert Haynesworth's half brother killed

Albert Haynesworth's half brother killed
    October 8, 2010
    ESPN.com news services

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The half brother of Washington Redskins defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth was killed in a motorcycle crash Thursday night, police said.

Lance McCoy, 23, was riding his motorcycle at a high rate of speed Thursday night when he collided with a car pulling out of a parking lot.

McCoy was from Madison, which is about seven miles north of Nashville. According to The Tennessean, he is the youngest of three sons of Linda Haynesworth.

The car's driver, 27-year-old Benjamin Smith of Nashville, told police he didn't see the motorcycle until impact.

Police say a preliminary investigation shows McCoy's excessive speed was the main cause of the accident.

Albert Haynesworth played college football at Tennessee and spent his first seven pro seasons with the Tennessee Titans. He is in his second season with the Redskins.

Haynesworth left the Redskins after calling coach Mike Shanahan with the news Thursday night.

"Obviously, wish his family -- giving them all our prayers and thoughts," Shanahan said Friday following practice, which Haynesworth missed. "I think that's the main concern right now."

Haynesworth's agent said Friday that Haynesworth had no comment on the death.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5662119
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Albert Haynesworth's half brother killed

WASHINGTON—Albert Haynesworth, the disgruntled Washington Redskins defensive linesman, admitted in an interview with ESPN’s Sara Walsh that he waited several weeks before cashing his $21 million bonus check in hopes that rumors of the McRib’s return to the McDonald’s menu were true. The McRib, a delicious ground pork sandwich served with barbeque sauce, pickles and onions, only appears on the McDonald’s menu for a limited time every few years. With reports of its imminent return, Haynesworth postponed cashing the fortune so he’d have ample funds to splurge on the rare delicacy.

“Sure, there’s plenty of things I could have spent that $21 million on,” Haynesworth told Walsh. “Houses, boats, cars, jewelry. But then I heard the McRib might be coming back. Look, I can buy cars and houses anytime I want. But the McRib…that’s just for a limited time.” Unfortunately for Haynesworth, rumors of the McRib’s return turned out to be false and has resulted in a further decline of Haynesworth’s attitude and performance this season.

http://www.tauntr.com/content/haynes...rue&skin=homer
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information