Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crosby's Wingers

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Crosby's Wingers

Last night during the game, Bert or Ernie made a comment about how (at that point in the game), sid had 12 points on the season but he had 7 goals and 5 assists which is unusual for Sid. Normally Sid has twice the amount of assists as he does goals. Normally though, Malkin had been paired with him often under Therrien and that's not happening this season. so Sid's assist totals are down, Geno's goal totals are down.

A piece was run in the Trib about how Sid hasn't registered an even strength Assist this year (not sure if that was extended through last nights game). Basically Kunitz and Guerin sure as hell aren't scoring goals, but on the other hand, Sid is, so the wingers are doing something that's not really been done for Sid (feed him good scoring chances). Maybe Sid is finally becoming more selfish too. His shot total is way up over career averages this year.

Threads : 48
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Crosby's Wingers

Sid is probably tired of that ***** Ovechkin getting all the glory.That ****er must take about 30 shots per game.

Oh,and your Bert and Ernie comment..........

Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sid is probably tired of that ***** Ovechkin getting all the glory.That ****er must take about 30 shots per game.

Oh,and your Bert and Ernie comment..........
    Close. Ovary takes about 6.5 shots per game.

I mentioned Sid's shot total really increasing this year. He's ranked 3rd in the NHL in shots behind Ovary and Jeff Carter. Ovary and Carter have always been take a lot of shot guys, but Sid's 4.1 shots per game average is pretty high for him

Threads : 413

It's the new stick he is using.

Threads : 135

Quote Originally Posted by exNCite View Post
    We hear about that every **** telecast. I think that "bert and ernie"--hysterical btw--must think that NOONE listens to multiple games and that every viewer is brand new b/c they mention the same **** repeatedly all the **** time.
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

Quote Originally Posted by exNCite View Post
    Perhaps! They say it's lighter and allows for a quicker snap.

Then again, Bob Errey is obsessed with hockey sticks. Pickle Stabber, "his long stick" etc...

Threads : 135

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    Perhaps! They say it's lighter and allows for a quicker snap.

Then again, Bob Errey is obsessed with hockey sticks. Pickle Stabber, "his long stick" etc...

He does have a stick obsession.
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

Threads : 15

with the lack of a scoring winger on crosby's line it makes me expect another trade this year.

Threads : 47
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    Last night during the game, Bert or Ernie made a comment about how (at that point in the game), sid had 12 points on the season but he had 7 goals and 5 assists which is unusual for Sid. Normally Sid has twice the amount of assists as he does goals. Normally though, Malkin had been paired with him often under Therrien and that's not happening this season. so Sid's assist totals are down, Geno's goal totals are down.

A piece was run in the Trib about how Sid hasn't registered an even strength Assist this year (not sure if that was extended through last nights game). Basically Kunitz and Guerin sure as hell aren't scoring goals, but on the other hand, Sid is, so the wingers are doing something that's not really been done for Sid (feed him good scoring chances). Maybe Sid is finally becoming more selfish too. His shot total is way up over career averages this year.
    It started in last years playoffs, Sid is morphing into a goal scorer. He has the ability to adapt and he is making a clear effort by changing his stick, curve and taking more shots and generating more scoring chances for himself. He'll get 50 this year. Sid also has a nice plus/minus and is at almost 60% in faceoffs.

Kunitz hopefully broke out of his slump last night, Billy G is aging and we can't expect much more than 20-25 goals from him or Kunitz and Feds. Someone else mentioned that we have to grow our scoring wingers through the draft and WBS. Our team strength is down the middle and our offensive puck moving D men. The rest of our team is veterans, grinders and role players.

Threads : 34
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112 View Post
    We hear about that every **** telecast. I think that "bert and ernie"--hysterical btw--must think that NOONE listens to multiple games and that every viewer is brand new b/c they mention the same **** repeatedly all the **** time.

they mention the same **** every game because they are horrible broadcasters who don't know what else to say. Just be thankful Errey doesn't refer to it as a "pickle-stabber" every time.

Quote Originally Posted by pendog66 View Post
    with the lack of a scoring winger on crosby's line it makes me expect another trade this year.
    I'll be realy surprised if they do anything big at the trade deadline. I mean, Sid proved that him and a line of Kunitz and Guerin could get it done in the playoffs and that was without goal scoring from Kunitz.

Geno's line worries me the most. Will have to see how it plays and produces once Max gets back into the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by PSmitty View Post
    It started in last years playoffs, Sid is morphing into a goal scorer. He has the ability to adapt and he is making a clear effort by changing his stick, curve and taking more shots and generating more scoring chances for himself. He'll get 50 this year. Sid also has a nice plus/minus and is at almost 60% in faceoffs.

Kunitz hopefully broke out of his slump last night, Billy G is aging and we can't expect much more than 20-25 goals from him or Kunitz and Feds. Someone else mentioned that we have to grow our scoring wingers through the draft and WBS. Our team strength is down the middle and our offensive puck moving D men. The rest of our team is veterans, grinders and role players.
    We have some nice wing options for the scoring lines in WBS but they are young and developing and basically aren't ready yet, unfortunately.

I'm buying into the sid morphing into a goal scorer thought.He's taken the initiative to shoot more this year, the new stick to get a better snap to his shots. Perhaps it's just the ever growing and development of sidney Crosby

Threads : 58

Quote Originally Posted by pendog66 View Post
    If anything, I would expect a trade to help Malkin's line. Even with Talbot's future return, I still feel that line will need help.

Obviously I'm not expecting a Hossa/Heatley type trade, but a winger who can net us a few more goals would be nice to have on that wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pittsburgh View Post
    If anything, I would expect a trade to help Malkin's line. Even with Talbot's future return, I still feel that line will need help.

Obviously I'm not expecting a Hossa/Heatley type trade, but a winger who can net us a few more goals would be nice to have on that wing.
    It would be tough to find those guys with the way we are regarding the cap. We probably can't take on really any much more salary. Guys like Caputi, Tangradi, Pierre-Zabotel are gong to have step it up to become those "trade deadline" guys we are always looking for

Threads : 58

I'm no NHL GM nor do I pretend to be, but I guess it would depend on who's salary we send the other way or what moves Shero decides to make in order to free up some cap room in order to make that trade.

On the other hand, I wouldn't be shocked to see Shero sit back, do absolutely nothing at the trade deadline and be content with a Fedotenko-Malkin-Talbot/Dupuis second line going into the stretch run/playoffs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information