Thread: Nike plans to "dramatically" change NFL jerseys, Steelers' Uni Damatic Changes?

Threads : 1632
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Nike plans to "dramatically" change NFL jerseys, Steelers' Uni Damatic Changes?

Nike plans to "dramatically" change NFL jerseys

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 12, 2010 2:01 PM ET
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-nfl-jerseys/

On the day that the NFL announced Nike will replace Reebok as the league's uniform supplier in 2012, a Nike official said changes are coming to NFL jerseys.

Nike Brand President Charlie Denson told Darren Rovell of CNBC that the change would be similar to changes that Nike has made to college football jerseys.

"We plan on changing the NFL jersey dramatically just like we've done with the college programs, using new thinking and the greatest technology available," Denson said. "The NFL program hasn't had the same type of advancement in recent years.

After years of Reebok leading the way on NFL jerseys, it will be interesting to see what dramatic changes Nike comes up with. I just hope no NFL team follows the hideous example of Oregon in college football.

sjdrewk

Default Re: Nike plans to "dramatically" change NFL jerseys, Steelers' Uni Damatic Changes?

Drastic changes I would venture to guess would only come with the individual team approving the "drastic changes"....I don't think the Stillers would be one of those teams...but on the other hand, maybe they make yet another alternate jersey. Who knows? I think the idea Nike has "just.... sucks"

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Nike plans to "dramatically" change NFL jerseys, Steelers' Uni Damatic Changes?

Quote Originally Posted by sjdrewk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Drastic changes I would venture to guess would only come with the individual team approving the "drastic changes"....I don't think the Stillers would be one of those teams...but on the other hand, maybe they make yet another alternate jersey. Who knows? I think the idea Nike has "just.... sucks"
    Yep, good luck changing us, the Bears and the Packers for a start. Frankly, the only change I'd like to see in our jerseys is a return to the block numbers.
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Threads : 48

New jerseys???Maybe,just maybe this is the thing that will finally push the Browns into achieving that ever elusive Lombardi trophy.

Threads : 82
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    New jerseys???Maybe,just maybe this is the thing that will finally push the Browns into achieving that ever elusive Lombardi trophy.
    WhAaaat? What would even possess one to put those words in succession? Bud Lime?

Threads : 48

Quote Originally Posted by Beezy View Post
    WhAaaat? What would even possess one to put those words in succession? Bud Lime?
    Sarcasm,my friend.

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

New jerseys plus every other team in the league giving them their first round draft picks for the next two years... Nah, Lake Erie would still be washing the bleached and bloated corpses of careers over to the CFL.
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Threads : 82

Sarcasm,my friend.
    Even sarcasm is not strong enough.

Threads : 413

Quote Originally Posted by WYsteel View Post
    I just hope no NFL team follows the hideous example of Oregon in college football.
    Just like a blue field is abismal.

POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON!

Threads : 102

Guess I´m going to start setting some loot aside so I can buy a premiere or authentic jersey while they still look like they do. Only have had replicas up until now.

I just hope Nike doesn´t put the logos on one tiny spot under the throat like they did with NCAA jerseys. Plus, I have a Pitt jersey from Adidas from awhile ago and a newer one from Nike. There´s no comparison between the quality of the two. The Nike one is cheaply made.

sjdrewk

I'll say this, if Nike makes them the way they did in the 90's(which we already know they won't) when they had the exclusive jersey license for the NFL, I'm all for the taking over. I have the sweetest white Rod Woodson jersey with the swoosh just above the Striping on the sleeves. Now those were sweet!

Threads : 91
    Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think the changes will be more for material and cut.

If you look at the college jerseys made by Nike (Alabama for example) most of them look the like the guys have to be sewn into them they are so tight.

There's no way more traditional teams like the Steelers, Packers and Redskins make big changes to the actual look of the uniforms.

I would like to see the Steelers go back to the block numbers as well.
    Why isn't that the alternate jersey?
    It's the one with the most history, as opposed to the uniform from before the glory years.
    "Nice catch, Hayes. Don't ever ****in' do it again." -Lou Brown

• Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information