Thread: Ben holds interview with CBS pregame show

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Ben holds interview with CBS pregame show

Roethlisberger holds one-on-one interview with CBS pregame show
    By Staff and wire reports
    Thursday, October 14, 2010

[IMGR]http://i55.tinypic.com/2untwkn.jpg[/IMGR][HIGH-LIGHT]»[/HIGH-LIGHT] Ben Roethlisberger did a one-on-one interview Tuesday for the CBS pregame show "The NFL Today," which will air Sunday. Roethlisberger has granted a number of sit-down interviews over his career, but none before with his former coach Bill Cowher, who drafted Roethlisberger in the first round in 2004 and coached him until the end of the 2006 season. Roethlisberger discussed how he has changed during the suspension, what he has learned, and how he can help the Steelers reach Super Bowl XLV. Roethlisberger told Cowher that it hit close to home when he heard the rumors that he might be traded in the offseason. "... I realized I don't want to go anywhere. I love it here," he said. The interview was taped at Roethlisberger's parents' house.

[HIGH-LIGHT]»[/HIGH-LIGHT] Offensive lineman Trai Essex, who is nursing an ankle injury, didn't practice Wednesday.

[HIGH-LIGHT]»[/HIGH-LIGHT] The Browns' Kenyon Coleman (knee), Jake Delhomme (ankle), Peyton Hillis (thigh), Alex Mack (shoulder), Shaun Rogers (elbow), Robert Royal (shoulder), Robaire Smith (back), Nick Sorensen (calf), John St. Clair (ankle), Seneca Wallace (ankle) and Floyd Womack (knee) did not practice. Joshua Cribbs (ankle), Abram Elam (knee) and Joe Thomas (shin) were limited.

[HIGH-LIGHT]»[/HIGH-LIGHT] Quarterback Charlie Batch was ordered to pay $689,000 and interest in a real estate deal that turned sour in Detroit. In 2006, Batch personally guaranteed $880,000 in loans granted to Cortland Place LLC for a 60-unit, four-story apartment building. Cortland defaulted two years later, and the property was sold for $280,000. Batch doesn't dispute that he guaranteed the loans. The court case centered on the property's value. A federal judge said yesterday that Batch must pay $689,000, plus $370 a day in interest retroactive to last December.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_704167.html
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 197

Default Re: Ben holds interview with CBS pregame show

So far I've seen that Ben has sat down with Merril Hoge for ESPN and Bill Cowher for CBS. I'm going to bet Terry Bradshaw doesn't get one for FOX.

Threads : 91

I sure hope he doesn't mention God in this interview!

Threads : 413

Man that sucks about Batch though. He doesn't make THAT kind of disposable income and the civic projects he's involved in in Pgh are certainly more valuable than some real estate development in Detroit for Christ sake.

POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON!

Threads : 60

For argument sake lets say Ben is a changed person and isn't just saying things to make everyone around him happy.

If what he is saying is true he could possibly be the league MVP a few times over before he retires. I always felt Ben had more in the tank then what he was showing. I think a focused Ben could be a very scary Ben for the rest of the league.

I have a feeling this last accusation against him may be exactly what Ben, the Steelers and the fans needed to get him to screw his head on right.

Threads : 183

Interestingly enough ben says that he never has and never will hurt a women like what he has been accused of. I find that very interesting. What do you all think about that statement. Maybe he was setup?

http://search.espn.go.com/merril-hoge/

Here is the hoge interview.

Threads : 60

Quote Originally Posted by steel0710 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interestingly enough ben says that he never has and never will hurt a women like what he has been accused of. I find that very interesting. What do you all think about that statement. Maybe he was setup?

http://search.espn.go.com/merril-hoge/

Here is the hoge interview.

Merril is a stand up guy. I am glad to see a former Steeler is mentoring Ben. Merril understands the city, the Steelers and the fans and what the team means to Pittsburgh. I think the two of them together will turn out to be a very good thing. Lookout NFL, Ben looks ready to "unleash hell" no pun intended.

Threads : 91

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy View Post
    Merril is a stand up guy. I am glad to see a former Steeler is mentoring Ben. Merril understands the city, the Steelers and the fans and what the team means to Pittsburgh. I think the two of them together will turn out to be a very good thing. Lookout NFL, Ben looks ready to "unleash hell" no pun intended.
    ****it LVG! Now that you brought this up I can't stop thinking about your mom!

Threads : 52
    Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy View Post
    For argument sake lets say Ben is a changed person and isn't just saying things to make everyone around him happy.

If what he is saying is true he could possibly be the league MVP a few times over before he retires. I always felt Ben had more in the tank then what he was showing. I think a focused Ben could be a very scary Ben for the rest of the league.

I have a feeling this last accusation against him may be exactly what Ben, the Steelers and the fans needed to get him to screw his head on right.
    cut him now he's a complete slug!

Threads : 137
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Chukki Okobi's going to be coughing up some coin for that mansion in Shadyside.
    Write drunk, edit sober - Ernest Hemingway

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information