Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My 1st post Woof Woof Woof!!!

Threads : 137
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: My 1st post Woof Woof Woof!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't get me wrong, I dislike Holmgren due to his incessant whining after the Super Bowl loss... But I think he has a good "football mind". Hell, he's proven his worth over the years. We may not like it, but it's still been done... Mangini's book has still to be written IMO.... We shall see either way in a few years, but don't be suprised if this squad becomes a contender much sooner than later... Maybe not this season, but they will be a factor very soon.... As I said before, the league is "cyclical", and it will happen IMO....
    Who's he drafted?

Holmgren that is.
    Write drunk, edit sober - Ernest Hemingway

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetchuck View Post
    Who's he drafted?

Holmgren that is.
    Don't know... I hate the draft, and don't follow the Browns at all....
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 137

Don't know... I hate the draft, and don't follow the Browns at all....
    He got lucky in Green Bay then went to the Seattle where he got luck once again and flirted with the SB. The only reason the shehawks made a SB appearance was because they were in a ****ty division in an equally ****ty NFC at the time.

He then went on to wreck the team with unforgivable free agency moves that basically put the team back 10 years by mortgaging their future by giving up draft picks for over-priced, under-performing players. Which is why the shehawks are all about the suckage now.

He wanted that SB, bet the farm as the GM/coach then bailed out when the bank forclosed.

He's not a turn-around guy. Hell, he's not even a 'go in the right direction' guy. The stains need a serious turn-around guy, like Parcells maybe. Holmy ain't the guy to turn that team around.

Mangina - yeah, he needs to make his mark yet, but you can't make a Thanksgiving day feast out of a pile of dog ****.
    Write drunk, edit sober - Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetchuck View Post
    He's not a turn-around guy. Hell, he's not even a 'go in the right direction' guy.

Mangina - yeah, he needs to make his mark yet, but you can't make a Thanksgiving day feast out of a pile of dog ****.
    Well, he (Holmgren) turned Seattle around and got them to a Super Bowl... Of course they lost to us.

As for Mangini, he needs to get his feet wet, and I seem to recall another coach from NE that had a slow start before becoming good as a HC...

... It's a tough league, and the fans we got here are even tougher... But we gotta take the "horse blinders" off at some point and realize that there is actually someone with knowhow out there outside of our organization... It really does exist...
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

clevefan

2 touchdown margin is a fair assessment on paper. And I agree on McCoy as well.As far as mangini and Holmgren. We win Sunday and they will be the Duo 2011. If there is a 2011. I don't look for cribbs to run one back IMO. the special teams unit is missing some of the pieces that helped him run those all time 3 back on "yinz". He talked about it in an interview. Maybe just maybe they will jell sunday. On Ben Throwing a pick. I see it happening. I know he has something to prove. But he does have a little rust. On the other hand Goodell could not have picked a better week to schedule his return. One thing is for sure. I look for physicality. "yinz" might get dinged up come sunday. Hillis personally knocked 2 players out of the game VS the bungles. T.J Ward is no slouch either.you might see some exotic looks from a ryan defense again. like 5-6 LB's package. that was so sicl week 14 last season. But tomlin and company have gamefilm on it so. We sha'll see.
    This one is long inspired by the rivalry. I sat up late making it while consuming Four Loko's It's to the sound of "Drowning Pool" I recommend a good "Iron City" buzz to get fired up for our meeting. Its redundant. I shall never be accused of not liking this rivalry
    Ward VS Ward. I so hope they meet

Quote Originally Posted by clevefan View Post
    One thing is for sure. I look for physicality.

Hillis personally knocked 2 players out of the game VS the bungles.

I recommend a good "Iron City" buzz to get fired up for our meeting.

I shall never be accused of not liking this rivalry.

Ward VS Ward. I so hope they meet.
    ... So do I...

The problem is that you are not playing the soft Bungholes this week...

Iron City beer tastes like ****, I'd rather drink something better along with a glass of Rumplemintz...

... I love EVERY divisional rivalry!... It is what makes football fun.

As far as Ward v Ward... I hope our lowly WR doesn't break another defensive player's jaw....

... Seriously though............ Hopefully you enjoy the game as much as I will!.... Ho-Ra!...

clevefan

Something to note. holmgren sits in on Franchise Owners meetings. Not Randy Lerner. Lerner was killing us. I notice a big big difference with our production just that fast. It's undeniable. Time will tell.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by (419)BlackNGold View Post
    Welcome Clevefan.

Yeah me too. Lately it seems like this game comes down to how many kick returns for TD's Cribbs has. I'm sure we'll see some wildcat(dog) with Cribbs as well.
    Cribbs is the only player on the Browns squad that I'm afraid. I like the Browns offensive line actually, unfortunately it's going to waste protecting quarterback after quarterback that sucks... Run game can only go so far when you can't rely on the throw.

They kept throwing Cribbs at our D last year and we KNEW he was getting the ball, the wildcat isn't really trickery We still couldn't stop him
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

clevefan

I will. Gonna watch it with some steeler fan relatives. Thats another story for another day. Last season week 14 I streamed the meeting over internet. 5 family members got to watch yinz lose on my stream. I stayed up til 5:00 AM Celebrating.
    I'll have to come here more often

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Something to note. holmgren sits in on Franchise Owners meetings. Not Randy Lerner. Lerner was killing us. I notice a big big difference with our production just that fast. It's undeniable. Time will tell.
    The day Holmgren drafts you guys a good QB is the day he does something good for your franchise. It'll continue to be mediocre with those spare Bengal-esque type seasons every 5 years where you have a fluke season and turns every fan into the worlds biggest pretender .. Last time you had a legit QB was Bernie Kosar and that was the last time the Browns were really considered good at least with consistency
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

clevefan

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    Last time you had a legit QB was Bernie Kosar and that was the last time the Browns were really considered good at least with consistency
    Right on. And something to note. It was bernies rookie season when he was forced to start due to the starter getting injured. The browns Won that game and he went on to be the starter. Maybe just maybe history can repeat itself. Yes i'ma known kollaide drinker
  • Reply With Quote Reply With Quote   ...to the topTop

Threads : 48
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

As for Mangini, he needs to get his feet wet, and I seem to recall another coach from NE that had a slow start before becoming good as a HC...
    If you mean Belichick,he used to coach the Browns as well..........and coached them horribly.See a recurring theme here??

Threads : 88

Right on. And something to note. It was bernies rookie season when he was forced to start due to the starter getting injured. The browns Won that game and he went on to be the starter. Maybe just maybe history can repeat itself. Y[HIGH-LIGHT]es i'ma known kollaide drinker[/HIGH-LIGHT]
    It's better to travel with hope.
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Threads : 1632
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I for one am very glad Cleveland got another team and kept the name and uniforms. What Modell did was chunky puke upon some very loyal, diehard fans.

PS; Go Steelers

clevefan

Quote Originally Posted by WYsteel View Post
    I for one am very glad Cleveland got another team and kept the name and uniforms. What Modell did was chunky puke upon some very loyal, diehard fans.

PS; Go Steelers
    Thank you sir. I know the support the "yinzers" gave cleveland through that turmoil!! I just bought me one of those 6 packs commemorating the rivalry for 50 years. Thanx to NkYsteeler sharing the pic. well actually I talked my Father-N-law into buying it for x-mas for me. Ain't I a nice son-N-law LOL!!

• Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information