Thread: Ziggy?

Threads : 277

Default Ziggy?

Why wasn't he immediately give most of the snaps--when Kiesel got hurt--and why wasn't he named next week's starter in Miami?

Is our 2009 #1 not up to the start?

I am not trying to generate any controversy but it is an obvious question, with everyone claiming he had a great camp and how much the coaches like his play.

Anyone have insight into the answer?

:

Threads : 70
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Ziggy?

It is definately worth a discussion!!! Maybe he's not "on the details?"
    Hidden Content Chuck Norris wears Steelers Pajamas!!!

Threads : 186

He's a DE that doesn't pass rush as far as I can see. Eason is probably getting his chance based on practice. A no.1 pick in his 2nd year practicing against our OL should in any other team be a starter by now, maybe he's a little on the slow side when it comes to 2 min drills.

Threads : 60

I would think the defensive line would be the easiest position on the defense to learn, rush the freakin quarterback or stop the guy running towards you. It's not like they are asking these guys to cover receivers or etc. A number one guy should have at least been called upon in his second season when the starter goes down.

I've said it from the start, I see nothing in Ziggy that made me think or feel, he was number one draft pick worthy.

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

From the presser today...

Tomlin said either veteran Nick Eason or Ziggy Hood, the team's first-round draft pick in 2009, will start in Keisel's spot on the right side but he's not yet sure which. Both will play and the Steelers may have to add a defensive lineman to join the five healthy ones for Sunday's game. The Steelers normally dress six defensive linemen for games.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 277

Here comes Steve McLendon.

Maybe they should use PS member Al Woods?

He's 6'4" and 330 and can stop the run, tie up bodies, and clear the way for our OLBs,

He had good college reviews and "yes," I realize this is the pros, but....

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

"You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 60

If he has admitted that Eason is doing better than Hood then why, would he want Hood to start ? I would like to see Hood start too but, not if Eason is better. As I said in many other post, " Ziggy doesn't look like anything other than average at best. "

Threads : 440

this proves that Ziggy Hood really is a bust!

Eason to start at defensive end Sunday

By John Harris, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
    Friday, October 22, 2010

• Defensive end Nick Eason will make his 10th career start against the Miami Dolphins on Sunday. Eason, who nearly died after having his appendix and part of his colon removed this summer, will replace Brett Keisel, who is out with a hamstring injury. "I'm going to try to make this my best season," said Eason, an eight-year veteran. "I want my life to be a testimony to people that may be going through something." Coach Mike Tomlin said earlier in the week he would decide between Eason and second-year player Ziggy Hood. Tomlin selected Eason (1 1/2 sacks), who is the team's only defensive lineman to record a sack this season.

• With guard Trai Essex back on the practice field, Keisel is the only Steeler unable to practice.

• Miami defensive end Jared Odrick, a first-round draft pick out of Penn State, suffered a left foot injury near the end of Wednesday's practice that likely will end his season. Odrick started one game before fracturing his right fibula in the opener. He was entering his second week of practice when the injury occurred. Fullback Lousaka Polite (knee) returned to practice after sitting out Wednesday. He is a former Pitt standout.

• Chris Hoke said teammates learned an important lesson from the national controversy created by linebacker James Harrison's above-the-shoulder tackle against Cleveland. "You can play hurt, but you can't play scared, like, 'I'm going to get fined, I'm going to get suspended,'" Hoke said. "That's when you get beat, you get your team beat. Be smart. Play hard. Let the chips fall where they may."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...s_705595.html#

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information