Thread: Skip Bayless said that the refs made the right call at the end.......

Threads : 126
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Skip Bayless said that the refs made the right call at the end.......

And he also said that he's still not convinced that the nose of the ball didn't cross the plain of the goal line before getting knocked out of Ben's hand. I still can't stand Skip Bayless, and he's made a lot of anti-Steelers comments over the years, but it's good to have someone on a national level sticking up for the call and realizing that the play was dead once the TD was called, so anything after that didn't matter. I turned on that goofy 1st and ten, against my better judgement, thinking I was going to be ****ed yet again at Bayless and I ended up being pleasantly surprised with his take on the call. Go figure.

Threads : 29

Default Re: Skip Bayless said that the refs made the right call at the end.......

Quote Originally Posted by BlackNGoldRules View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And he also said that he's still not convinced that the nose of the ball didn't cross the plain of the goal line before getting knocked out of Ben's hand.
    If he really thinks that he's an even bigger moron than I thought.

Threads : 8
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Skip Bayless said that the refs made the right call at the end.......

Bayless is about the biggest jack-*** on the air. Well, he and that no talent *** Rome.

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlackNGoldRules View Post
    And he also said that he's still not convinced that the nose of the ball didn't cross the plain of the goal line before getting knocked out of Ben's hand. I still can't stand Skip Bayless, and he's made a lot of anti-Steelers comments over the years, but it's good to have someone on a national level sticking up for the call and realizing that the play was dead once the TD was called, so anything after that didn't matter. I turned on that goofy 1st and ten, against my better judgement, thinking I was going to be ****ed yet again at Bayless and I ended up being pleasantly surprised with his take on the call. Go figure.
    With him being the one to do it, it may not be a good thing...
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    With him being the one to do it, it may not be a good thing...
    I just bring it up because it seems like he's almost always gone against the Steelers over the years and I thought for sure he would've taken his shots at the Steelers on this one. The guy debating him seemed to agree with him, for the most part, concerning the final call. Maybe I was just glad to hear something other than someone trying to say the officials and the NFL gave us another one.......even if it was Bayless saying it.

Threads : 440

Quote Originally Posted by The Sodfather View Post

Skip Bayless is an even bigger moron than you think...

Quote Originally Posted by The Sodfather View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I was thinking he actually meant that there was no indisputable evidence from the camera angles shown to overturn the TD call. If he actually believes it didn't come out prior to crossing then I agree with you. I guess the angle they went by was from the camera behind the endzone. The goalline camera didn't show much since you couldn't see the ball until he crossed the goalline and it popped out. Yeah, it's pretty easy to tell logically that the ball popped out before crossing. I have seen plays over the years though that were pretty obvious to overturn but the officials let it go since there was no 100% definitive evidence from the cameras to overturn it.

Threads : 70

****!!! I had my Bayless-hatin guns loaded for boar when I read his name in the thread title... Epic disappointment!!!
    Hidden Content Chuck Norris wears Steelers Pajamas!!!

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bton66 View Post
    ****!!! I had my Bayless-hatin guns loaded for boar when I read his name in the thread title... Epic disappointment!!!
    A wise man once said "Sometimes, the voice of reason may sound like a wet fart". This may have been one of those times, my friend.
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Threads : 70

Quote Originally Posted by War Machine View Post
    A wise man once said "Sometimes, the voice of reason may sound like a wet fart". This may have been one of those times, my friend.

That's a good one!
    Hidden Content Chuck Norris wears Steelers Pajamas!!!

Threads : 49

Skip Gayless is still around?? I couldn't give two ****s what this ******bag thinks one way or another. Usually I'd be in defensive mode when it comes to a play like this but honestly, I just don't care what the media thinks of this play. Game is over, everyone hates the Steelers, Steelers won, sounds good to me!

Threads : 20
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by War Machine View Post

Dude, who was this alleged "wise man". He owes me a new laptop. The beer I was drinking shot out my nose and.... zzzzzzzttt (not exactly, but I could see that happening).
    buckeyehoppy 2012 NHL Stanley Cup Pick-em' Contest Champion and 2013 Finalist!

Threads : 197

He probably doesn't actually believe it. His job is just to say the opposite of what everyone else in the media is saying. You can't take anything he says at face value. I'll never understand the professional contrarians in the media. Am I really supposed to believe that he doesn't agree with anyone on anything?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information