Thread: Electronica-How Much Can We Pay?

Threads : 215

Default Electronica-How Much Can We Pay?

Comcast, phone, internet, TV, plus extras, but no 1080p STEELERS games.
    Verizon smartphone with some pay for apps like mlb.( yearly)
    Onstar with turn by turn navigation and emergency response, but no voicemail.
    Go Phone......prepaid.
    XM/Sirius radio........cost extra for home and your smartphone at a reduced service.

The potential here is $350.00 to $400.00 a month. There are some needed accessories for much of the services that can add up to hundreds too?

The worst value here is Onstar, because of no voicemail and I usually do not need directions and I can't carry an Onstar phone with me. It could save your life with a quick response call, but other people with cell phones do that usually.

Comcast is next. I have cellphones,do not really have to have a landline, they charge extra for everything, no STEELERS in 1080p where I live ( some Steeler/NFC games are in 1080p). You need all the channels, until you actually do have them, then it all sucks! All but two of eight boxes in my house cost extra. The internet is probably the best.

Go Phone is what it is.........decent AT&T phone calling with voice mail for about $15.00 a month for the service.

Xm/Sirius is ok if you get it at discount and too expensive otherwise. I actually use it. I thought I would use it for baseball, hockey and football on trips, but actually haven't used it for that, much.

The Verizon service has for the most part been a boon to my sanity. I use the phone for a radio at work and am able to listen to many sports events that normally die in fm reception. Pandora, iheart radio, radiotime and slacker provide options for music reception.I have limited permissions to use the rest of the phone at work, but life is still better. Outside of work, there is unlimited texting, internet, gps use, weather and many apps and doodads that I use on a regular basis......To me, this is money well spent.

Threads : 82
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We may get rid of some of our stuff soon. If you just look at Internet 30 dollars each for the cell phone and 58 bucks for cable that's over 120 bucks a month for Internet. But I can't live without any of that. Thinking of canceling the direct tv and just downloading viewing material problem is sporting events. We don't have gps or digital radio or anything and won't ever get any of that. Google maps and tons of music on the phone not needed.

Threads : 9

Default Re: Electronica-How Much Can We Pay?

We got rid of Cable TV Last March and put a decent antenna in the attic. We don't regret it. It saves us about 60 dollars a month (the cost of the antenna). We still get ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, 3 PBS channels, and about 10 other networks. Most are either 1080 or 720 and look just as good as cable reception.

We're looking at upgrading our phones and getting a data pkg from Verizon. They'll be offering a tiered service starting Thursday with a 15 dollar plan for 150 MB. I'm not sure what that'll do for me though.

We got rid of Sirius about a year and a half ago because we don't go anywhere most of the time (I'm retired).

All-in-all, I'm OK with what we're paying now. We got rid of the crap we weren't using much.

Oh, and we pay 60 dollars a month for Internet, which we use all the time.

Threads : 82
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Fsn isn't broadcast is it? I am not going to be happy not watching the penguins. Streams just dont cut it for me.

Threads : 215

Default Re: Electronica-How Much Can We Pay?

Quote Originally Posted by Beezy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fsn isn't broadcast is it?
    Not where I am. I am only 40 miles or less from the Burgh, but am in Ohio.

I think that's where Commiecast makes their interpretation and leaves me out for the Steelers. I can get the brownies in full screen........who cares!

There has to be a way!

I wish some people with solutions would jump in this conversation. Many of us could get cheaper and get what we want also.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information