Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Dan Bylsma the right coach for "this" team?

Threads : 206
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Is Dan Bylsma the right coach for "this" team?

When the Pens hired Dan Bylsma to replace Michel Therrien, he was exactly what "that" team needed. A players coach. He inherited a team that was talented and disciplined, but whose creativity was being suppressed by a system. Bylsma eased up a bit on the guys and they responded! ... all the way to a Stanley Cup Championship!

Fast Forward to a couple of weeks into the 2010-11 season... I see a Penguins team with quite a few new faces in the lineup. Some veterans are being forced to accept new roles and some rookies who are trying to pick up the slack. My question today, living in the NOW!... Is Dan Bylsma what "this" team needs? Because so far all I've seen is a Penguins team that lacks focus and discipline, that lacks creativity and I'm beginning to think... lacks talent as well! I see a coaching staff who continues to use players who consistently underachieve and use schemes that continue to fail.... as if they had no other options!

What gives? How many players have to suck or be invisible game after game, before you blame the coach?

Had the Penguins exited the playoffs early in 2009 or had lost game 7 in Detroit, would there have been a full scale coaching search during the off season?

Pondering....

Not that I want Bylsma fired tomorrow, but I don't see him being an X and O's kind of coach that will find creative ways to get players motivated and productive! So at what point do we say... It's time to go a different direction?

I'd love to see the Penguins bring in Ken Hitchcock (as a joke) and tell the guys.... this is your new coach! That would scare a few players straight!

Thoughts....

Threads : 271

Default Re: Is Dan Bylsma the right coach for "this" team?

Quote Originally Posted by (419)BlackNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When the Pens hired Dan Bylsma to replace Michel Therrien, he was exactly what "that" team needed. A players coach. He inherited a team that was talented and disciplined, but whose creativity was being suppressed by a system. Bylsma eased up a bit on the guys and they responded! ... all the way to a Stanley Cup Championship!

Fast Forward to a couple of weeks into the 2010-11 season... I see a Penguins team with quite a few new faces in the lineup. Some veterans are being forced to accept new roles and some rookies who are trying to pick up the slack. My question today, living in the NOW!... Is Dan Bylsma what "this" team needs? Because so far all I've seen is a Penguins team that lacks focus and discipline, that lacks creativity and I'm beginning to think... lacks talent as well! I see a coaching staff who continues to use players who consistently underachieve and use schemes that continue to fail.... as if they had no other options!

What gives? How many players have to suck or be invisible game after game, before you blame the coach?

Had the Penguins exited the playoffs early in 2009 or had lost game 7 in Detroit, would there have been a full scale coaching search during the off season?

Pondering....

Not that I want Bylsma fired tomorrow, but I don't see him being an X and O's kind of coach that will find creative ways to get players motivated and productive! So at what point do we say... It's time to go a different direction?

I'd love to see the Penguins bring in Ken Hitchcock (as a joke) and tell the guys.... this is your new coach! That would scare a few players straight!

Thoughts....
    No he's Not !! He is a Buffoon who brings in Like Minded Buffoons like Granato & his former asst Coach in WB/S Reirden when he interviewed Barry Smith for the job, But Smith is known as a bit of a task Master & Morphine Dan wants coaches who KISS *** !!!

The Problem with all Sports & in particular Hockey is they go 1 extreme to the other Extreme !! Look at the Pens EdZo was a Clueless Buffoon who had Sid playing wing his rookie season So Mario could play C & wash an *** Kisser with NO SYSTEM !! He gets fired & CP brings in Michel Therrien who is a Ballbuster/Hard *** with attention to detail & the team tunes him out & Shero fires him & brings in Bylsma who is a Clueless Buffoon *** Kisser with No System & knows nothing other than "We Have to get to OUR GAME"

Why can't there be a Happy Medium ??? A tough Coach who is a Good X's & O's Guy who is honest & fair with the Players !!
    Last edited by Evilpens; Oct-28-2010 at 12:19 PM.

Threads : 135

I think one of the worst ideas has been to put Malkin at wing. He clearly doesn't like it as much. People can say what they want about him disappearing last postseason etc...but Malkin is one of the best 5 players in the world and when he's at center he shows that other gear...the ability to take over a game and dominate...he doesn't even seem interested in that now and I am not sure that being put on the wing doesn't have something to do with that.

I think another question, and the biggest one for me, is what to do about MAF. Quite seriously I think he is the difference between us being in the top 3 right now and being where we are. We aren't getting as much production as we need and we certainly have problems and aren't always playing the most disciplined game etc...BUT MAF absolutely is a piece of **** right now. Continue to trot him out there is only going to make this problem worse. There are times you need a goalie (not just one making 5M) to step up and get some stops and he's just not doing it. We have "a billion dollar" defense in front of him and he can't do ****...it seems to me that he needs to not be out there. Period.

These two areas are the most troublesome to me right now from the coaching-staff perspective. We'll see how they progress.
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

Threads : 77
    Sports Logo Sports Logo

Please guys, way too early to go there. The guy has a winning percentage that's off the charts and he's won a Stanley Cup as a rookie coach. Yes it might be a ton of things, but Disco Dan is a good part of this team.
    Last edited by Xterratu; Oct-28-2010 at 03:19 PM.

Threads : 82
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Disco is fine. He needs to quit trying to force MAF into the lineup. Let him sit a while longer. Geno needs to get his head out of his ***. He has been pulling these disappearing acts and moping about dumb **** his whole career so far and shouldn't be considered one of the top guys when he does this ****. Crosby makes lemonade and Malkin no matter what something is not right.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezy View Post
    Disco is fine. He needs to quit trying to force MAF into the lineup. Let him sit a while longer. Geno needs to get his head out of his ***. He has been pulling these disappearing acts and moping about dumb **** his whole career so far and shouldn't be considered one of the top guys when he does this ****. Crosby makes lemonade and Malkin no matter what something is not right.
    UMM if you were Gino you would Mope too, Who has he got to play with, He is on RW with Letestu a 25 year old Rookie who wasn't drafted & Mike Comrie whose claim to fame is ****ing Hilary Duff & being Mr. Duff !! He is horrible, When Staal comes back he will be still forced to play RW with a C that has the Hands of Venus De Milo !! On the PP he is once again lost out to Sid who is on the RW boards where Gino SHOULD be & Instead they have him playing the Point which he has said repeatedly he hates to play & it shows. But lets rip Gino

Quote Originally Posted by Evilpens View Post
    UMM if you were Gino you would Mope too, Who has he got to play with, He is on RW with Letestu a 25 year old Rookie who wasn't drafted & Mike Comrie whose claim to fame is ****ing Hilary Duff & being Mr. Duff !! He is horrible, When Staal comes back he will be still forced to play RW with a C that has the Hands of Venus De Milo !! On the PP he is once again lost out to Sid who is on the RW boards where Gino SHOULD be & Instead they have him playing the Point which he has said repeatedly he hates to play & it shows. But lets rip Gino
    **** him if he mopes around, he makes 9 ****ing million dollars a year! I don't care if he has to play with Dupuis and Adams all year. Maybe he could give 3 million back and they will give him a decent winger?

Threads : 77
    Sports Logo Sports Logo

Maybe he could give 3 million back and they will give him a decent winger?
    Touche.

**** him if he mopes around, he makes 9 ****ing million dollars a year! I don't care if he has to play with Dupuis and Adams all year. Maybe he could give 3 million back and they will give him a decent winger?
    Maybe Sid can give Back 3 Mill & he can have a Decent winger too, OHHHH See I can do that too, You ****in People are BLIND, Sid has the Same affliction that Mario & Jagr had, What's best for them is what's best for the team & that isn't right most of the time

Maybe Sid can give Back 3 Mill & he can have a Decent winger too, OHHHH See I can do that too, You ****in People are BLIND, Sid has the Same affliction that Mario & Jagr had, What's best for them is what's best for the team & that isn't right most of the time
    Sid produces without the star winger and he doesn't ***** about it or mope around. That is what being a start is all about.

Sid produces without the star winger and he doesn't ***** about it or mope around. That is what being a start is all about.
    Really Have you EVER watched when they play Detroit ?? Zetterberg makes him disappear !! & where was he the last 2 games??

Really Have you EVER watched when they play Detroit ?? Zetterberg makes him disappear !! & where was he the last 2 games??
    He has some bad games but last I checked he was up near the top scorers in the league and they beat Detroit. If Zetterturd and Sid cancel each other out he still contributing imo. He still doesn't mope around or dissapear for more than a few games a year.

He has some bad games but last I checked he was up near the top scorers in the league and they beat Detroit. If Zetterturd and Sid cancel each other out he still contributing imo. He still doesn't mope around or dissapear for more than a few games a year.
    They don't cancel out!! Zetterberg stills scores or sets goals up while shutting Sid Down COMPLETELY

Again look at the quality or lack there of of linemates, As Much as I can't stand Kun****z & Dupuis they are LIght years better Than Leteesu & Comrie Or Staal for that Matter

They don't cancel out!! Zetterberg stills scores or sets goals up while shutting Sid Down COMPLETELY

Again look at the quality or lack there of of linemates, As Much as I can't stand Kun****z & Dupuis they are LIght years better Than Leteesu & Comrie Or Staal for that Matter
    Not sure I agree, I'd take Letestu over either of Sid's wingers. The thing is it's a constant turnover of wingers for Geno because he doesn't click with ANYONE. You start to wonder if it's him. Top of the line players are supposed to make the players around them better. Sid and AO sure do.

Threads : 48

x 2!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information