Thread: Let's go Joe!!! Let's go Joe!!!!!

Threads : 29

Default Let's go Joe!!! Let's go Joe!!!!!

I really hope he gets #400 at home

Joe Paterno trying to focus on Penn State team, not the chase for his 400th victory
    Published: Tuesday, November 02, 2010, 9:30 PM
    BOB FLOUNDERS, The Patriot-News BOB FLOUNDERS, The Patriot-News
    Follow
    Share this story
    Story tools

Joe PaternoPenn State coach Joe Paterno signs an autograph for a young fan. The Nittany Lions' leader is closing in on 400 victories and could reach the milestone Saturday when PSU plays Northwestern at Beaver Stadium. JOE HERMITT, The Patriot-News

Joe Paterno did not want to talk about his next victory. But gradually, the media wore him down during his weekly news conference on Tuesday.
    0Share
    0 Comments

By the way, the next win for Penn State’s football coach would be his 400th. Kind of a big deal.

“I try not to get involved in that,” the 83-year-old Paterno said with Northwestern up next Saturday at Beaver Stadium.

“You know, I don’t go home and think about what we’ve done. I go home and worry about what we’ve got to get done.”

Paterno is 399-132-3. And if PSU doesn’t beat the Wildcats Saturday, there is a very real possibility that the 400th win will come at FedEx Field. After the Northwestern game, PSU travels to Ohio State (not likely) then faces Indiana Nov. 20 in Washington, D.C.

“It would be great to get [No. 400] at home,” PSU wideout Graham Zug said.

“That’s just gotta be a great accomplishment for him.”

Paterno has been at Penn State for 60 seasons and this is his 45th year as head coach. Later in the news conference, Paterno was asked if he thought about getting out of the profession much sooner.

“Sometimes you wonder whether you’re doing a [good] job,” Paterno said.

“My commitment to what I’ve done and with my life is to try and develop some things with some people, to give you an example as to how you can do some things and do them right and also have an impact on some other people.

“Football to me has been a vehicle by which I can have some impact on some people in a very impressionable part of their lives.”