Thread: 2 players I'd like to see in Pittsburgh

Threads : 45
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default 2 players I'd like to see in Pittsburgh

Let me start off by saying, I have no idea that we even have the necessary players to go after these guys but I'd be interested none the less.

First off, I think Mark Reynolds, would absolutely fit the bill at first base. I know he strikes out a ton, but he still produces and he has right hand power in all parks. They need bullpen pieces and we have Meek and Hanrahan. I know it would take more than one of them, but I'd love to see a 3-4-5 of Walker, Reynolds, and Alvarez in some combination.

I also would love to take a run at Matt Garza. Once again, I have no idea, what it would take and I don't think our farm system is producing enough yet to make two major deals of this magnitude. But while I'm dreaming of Garza, I may as well throw Jason Bartlett in there as well!

Threads : 20
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2 players I'd like to see in Pittsburgh

Quote Originally Posted by indybucfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let me start off by saying, I have no idea that we even have the necessary players to go after these guys but I'd be interested none the less.

First off, I think Mark Reynolds, would absolutely fit the bill at first base. I know he strikes out a ton, but he still produces and he has right hand power in all parks. They need bullpen pieces and we have Meek and Hanrahan. I know it would take more than one of them, but I'd love to see a 3-4-5 of Walker, Reynolds, and Alvarez in some combination.
    Supposedly, Arizona and Oakland had at one point nearly finalized a deal of Kevin Kousmanoff and Vin Mazarro for Reynolds, however Oakland backed out of the deal.

Point here is, I don't see Reynolds having that big of an asking price. Could cost a pitching prospect and maybe a close to MLB ready bat.

I also would love to take a run at Matt Garza. Once again, I have no idea, what it would take and I don't think our farm system is producing enough yet to make two major deals of this magnitude. But while I'm dreaming of Garza, I may as well throw Jason Bartlett in there as well!
    I could see his price being somewhat high, even though the Rays are looking to trade he or Shields to make room for Jeremy Hellickson.
    Listen Live, Every Thursday Night at 10 PM Eastern Time

Hidden Content (in progress)

Hidden Content

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information