Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bens's performance?

Threads : 9

Default Bens's performance?

Against Miami he had 3 fumbles.
    Last week he had a 66.8 QB rating against NO.
    Last night a 76.6 against the bungles.
    Last two weeks he had two pics and one TD.

How is he looking so far?
    "The brotherhood that the Steelers have, their way of doing business, their way of playing football, spans decades. Their way of building teams that do not blink and players that do not shrink, well, there is nothing come-lately about it."

Threads : 164
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Bens's performance?

Not great but better than the Batch/Dixon/Leftwich trio.

With that said, Ben has to stop watching the best of Brett Favre DVD.
    "ARRRGGHHH THERE WILL BE MUTTON TONIGHT!" Said the Troll

Threads : 60

He is doing okay considering the pressure he got last week. Against the Bengals he didn't look bad but, he hasn't been seasoned yet and will hit his stride soon and when heading into the playoffs.

Threads : 82
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Not what I was hoping for but he is a good qb once he gets to that place watch the **** out.

Threads : 91

Not too bad considering a makeshift O-line and a retarded OC

Ben is seriously lacking a good offensive coordiantor and QB coach to take him to the next level.

Did Kyle Orton become a prolific passer overnight? Nope, he got out of that POS system in Chicago. He hooked up with McDaniels and just like that his stats, accuracy and overall appearance looks tenfold. Now Cutler looks like the turd. Ben is being hampered by the system he plays in, in my opinion. If he would just let Arians get fired he may actually flourish in a new system that has a gameplan each week.

Threads : 140
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This team always and I mean ALWAYS seems to have this midseason swoon. Every year it seems this way, then come December they turn on the rocket boosters. I think that will happen this year too. They are doing what they normally do start out strong, then start to suck it up during the midseason. Here's the history of this team from 05 on.

2005 - Started out 7-2 and were in good control, then weeks 11-13 they lose to Baltimore, Cincy, and Indy forcing them to win out just to get a wild card spot in a really competetive year in the AFC where most of the playoff teams were above 12-4. Then in December they win out.

2006 - disaster most of the year as they start 2-6, then come December they go 4-1 to at least manage an 8-8 season.

2007 - Wheels came off this year. 9-3 heading into December then they botched their last 4 by going 1-3.

2008 - Solid year all around. Started out 5-1, and everyone was *****ing about the offensive line (I think Shades was one of these people), then they have a 3 game period where they lose 2 close ones to NY and Indy. Then, they turn on the afterburners and finish out 6-1 in last 7 (against some playoff teams to with SD, Balt, NE, Dallas, Cleveland only loss to Tennessee). Then they go 3-0 in the playoffs.

2009 - Started strong at 6-2, and then after the disasterous midseason swoon of losing 5 in a row they pulled their heads out and won their last 3 (2 playoff teams with Green Bay and Baltimore) finishing 9-7.

This year all they have to do in my opinion is make it to 10-6 to get the bottom seed, and they are in the playoffs this year. And two of the remaining games this year are against the two worst teams in the league with Buffalo and Carolina. The playoffs are probably a really good possibility right now, because Tennessee and Indy have to play each other twice yet, the AFC east will beat each other up, and the AFC west is not that strong. They'll be fine. They just need to get their midseason jitters out, which they are doing. The last 3 games have been rough... let's hope they can get through the next two against NE and Oakland, then I think things will start clicking when they get a game against Buffalo and head down the final quarter stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by foslrock View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This year all they have to do in my opinion is make it to 10-6 to get the bottom seed, and they are in the playoffs this year. And two of the remaining games this year are against the two worst teams in the league with Buffalo and Carolina. The playoffs are probably a really good possibility right now, because Tennessee and Indy have to play each other twice yet, the AFC east will beat each other up, and the AFC west is not that strong. They'll be fine. They just need to get their midseason jitters out, which they are doing. The last 3 games have been rough... let's hope they can get through the next two against NE and Oakland, then I think things will start clicking when they get a game against Buffalo and head down the final quarter stretch.
    Don't forget Cincy. By the time they roll around again the wheels should pretty much have fallen off that cart by then.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy View Post
    Don't forget Cincy. By the time they roll around again the wheels should pretty much have fallen off that cart by then.
    Yep, I think if you take the games they should win (at home against Cincy, at home Carolina, and away at Buffalo), that will put them with 9 wins.

This leaves New England, Oakland, NY Jets, and Cleveland to get 2 more wins. If they get to 11 wins, I think that's 5th seed.

Beat Baltimore, and do the stuff above, I think they win the division, and get a bye.

12-4 is more than possible this year.

Threads : 70
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

[HIGH-LIGHT]Yep, I think if you take the games they should win (at home against Cincy, at home Carolina, and away at Buffalo), that will put them with 9 wins.[/HIGH-LIGHT]

This leaves New England, Oakland, NY Jets, and Cleveland to get 2 more wins. If they get to 11 wins, I think that's 5th seed.

Beat Baltimore, and do the stuff above, I think they win the division, and get a bye.

12-4 is more than possible this year.
    We had a similar situation set up last year... We had 3 "gimme" games (@Chiefs, vs. Raiders, and vs. Stains), all three ended up to be disappointing losses. Couple that with key divisional losses during that stretch (vs. Bengals and @Baltimore), and there was little chance of recovery. However, we still found our way onto the "bubble" at 9-7.

Let's hope that this years' edition can take care of the "gimmes."
    Hidden Content Chuck Norris wears Steelers Pajamas!!!

Last year the injuries killed the teams momentum. Remember the disaster of Clark and Gay? Jeez.. that was horrifying.

This year is different.

No one agrees with me but I think this year is different too but not because of the o or d but because the ST is much improved. Other wise it's the same **** IMO but not spotting the other team 7 and getting decent FB is huge. Could mean the difference of 2 wins over last year at least. That's 11-5. If the o and d improve then it could be even better.

Emanuel Sanders was a really good draft pick, in my opinion.

Threads : 3263

[HIGH-LIGHT]Last year the injuries killed the teams momentum.[/HIGH-LIGHT] Remember the disaster of Clark and Gay? Jeez.. that was horrifying.

This year is different.
    Before Smith's injury earlier this season, we were giving up an average of 10 points per game... Since then, it has doubled... It is happening again.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Emanuel Sanders was a really good draft pick, in my opinion.
    It's not just him. Worlids, Sylvester, all these guys they added to special teams. They made the most effort to improve this area and it's paying off.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information