Thread: Favorite Quote from the Boston Herald

Threads : 5

Default Favorite Quote from the Boston Herald

You want to guess how many runs -- not touchdown runs, just runs of 15 yards or more -- the Pats' next opponent, the Pittsburgh Steelers, had allowed entering last night's game at Cincinnati? None. Zero. The Steelers had given up two rushing touchdowns this year. If the Pats try to run Green-Ellis, the Steelers might knock the hyphen right out of him.

Threads : 29

Default Re: Favorite Quote from the Boston Herald

They may try to run a little for show but I'm guessing you'll see a lot of the spread'em out and throw it early and often we saw in 02.

Threads : 164
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by The Sodfather View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They may try to run a little for show but I'm guessing you'll see a lot of the spread'em out and throw it early and often we saw in 02.

That game is burned into my memory as well Sod!!!
    "ARRRGGHHH THERE WILL BE MUTTON TONIGHT!" Said the Troll

Threads : 29

I was going to say "at least we dont' have Chad Scott and DWash" but upon further review we just might.

Threads : 1817

Belichick might be a baltant cheat but the guy isn't stupid. I'll be surprised if the Pats run the ball 10 times or more. He has to know and see that we can't cover the pass and sutre as **** can't cover the underneath stuff.

In 2007 when the Pats romped us like 34-13, Belichick had Brady I swear run the exact same passing play to Wes Welker for an entire drive or 2. We were completely unable to stop it. We failed to adjust and Belichick basically said "we're going to keep running these plays until you stop us, we aren't changing it up to be cute".

I liove beating the Patriots. I just don't like much about this upcoming game. Steelers are feeling relief after hanging on to win. a little relaxation... The Patriots are coming off of an *** kicking to the Browns in which they are ****ed about. The Patriots passing game might have gone down a notch but Brady is accurate and good enough to beat up on our secondary that is ranked in the bottom half of the league
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 277

Well, the Browns had to do something right on D to throttle the Pats.

I am sure LeBeau is scheming, literally and figuratively, right now.

Threads : 60

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    Belichick might be a baltant cheat but the guy isn't stupid. I'll be surprised if the Pats run the ball 10 times or more. He has to know and see that we can't cover the pass and sutre as **** can't cover the underneath stuff.

In 2007 when the Pats romped us like 34-13, Belichick had Brady I swear run the exact same passing play to Wes Welker for an entire drive or 2. We were completely unable to stop it. We failed to adjust and Belichick basically said "we're going to keep running these plays until you stop us, we aren't changing it up to be cute".

I liove beating the Patriots. I just don't like much about this upcoming game. Steelers are feeling relief after hanging on to win. a little relaxation... The Patriots are coming off of an *** kicking to the Browns in which they are ****ed about. The Patriots passing game might have gone down a notch but Brady is accurate and good enough to beat up on our secondary that is ranked in the bottom half of the league
    I agree, Kip. This is a bad matchup for us. Because we are so good at stopping the run we are forcing Brady into our weakness. I think Lebeau needs to somehow devise a plan to pressure Brady rushing 3 or 4. Then drop the rest back into coverage and protect the drop offs and underneath stuff to Welker.

The two pluses here is Brady isn't much of a threat to run and we are finally home after 3 straight road games. I think between the crowd excitement, the feel of playing at home this defense will look much better then what we saw in New Orleans and Cincy.

Threads : 413

I was surprised the Bungles tried to run so much, but they did anyway. I expect the Pats to throw the ball 50 times. As it is every game, the best defense we have for that is to keep the offense off the field by chewing up the clock. Scoring some points while doing that wouldn't hurt either.

POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON!

Threads : 60

Quote Originally Posted by exNCite View Post
    I was surprised the Bungles tried to run so much, but they did anyway. I expect the Pats to throw the ball 50 times. As it is every game, the best defense we have for that is to keep the offense off the field by chewing up the clock. Scoring some points while doing that wouldn't hurt either.
    That makes too much sense. While we all know we need to run the ball, eat clock and keep the Patriots off the field Arians will throw it 35 times, stop the clock on incompletions and give the Patriots many chances on offense while expecting our defense to win the game.

Threads : 407
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    [HIGH-LIGHT]Belichick might be a baltant cheat but the guy isn't stupid. I'll be surprised if the Pats run the ball 10 times or more. [/HIGH-LIGHT]He has to know and see that we can't cover the pass and sutre as **** can't cover the underneath stuff.

Their idea of a running game includes very long handoffs (very short passes) and they are very good at it....and we are very bad at stopping it. Gotta hope for a couple of Brady mistakes, which is rare.

Threads : 70

Quote Originally Posted by bleedBnG58 View Post
    Their idea of a running game includes very long handoffs (very short passes) and they are very good at it....and we are very bad at stopping it. Gotta hope for a couple of [HIGH-LIGHT]Brady mistakes, which is rare[/HIGH-LIGHT].
    You got that right... However, I watched the Pats/Stains game, and Brady was wayyyyy off! He was even missing his running backs and TE's on the short throws... in the dirt/at the ankles! And the Browns really didnt do anything that was impressive on defense? The timing was off and he was clearly not on the same page with his targets... Hopefully the trend continues...
    Hidden Content Chuck Norris wears Steelers Pajamas!!!

Threads : 407
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bton66 View Post
    You got that right... However, I watched the Pats/Stains game, and Brady was wayyyyy off! He was even missing his running backs and TE's on the short throws... in the dirt/at the ankles! And the Browns really didnt do anything that was impressive on defense? The timing was off and he was clearly not on the same page with his targets... [HIGH-LIGHT]Hopefully the trend continues[/HIGH-LIGHT]...
    I see a pattern developing here...the Browns play a team and beat them ridiculously and then we play them...can't expect good QB's like Brees and Brady to have 2 bad ones in a row. One can only wish the trend to change.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information