Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFP Power Rankings

Threads : 407
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default NFP Power Rankings

NFP Power Rankings
    The National Football Post

Every week, the National Football Post brings you our power rankings: a breakdown of how we stack up the league.

Week 10 Rankings (previous rankings in parenthesis)

1. (3) New York Giants: 6-2
    The Giants 41-7 win in Seattle stands out—because this team is playing the best football in the NFL.

2. (2) Pittsburgh Steelers: 6-2
    We shouldn’t be surprised that James Harrison and the Steelers defense made a play to close out the Bengals with the game on the line.

3. (3) Baltimore Ravens: 6-2
    Ed Reed now has three interceptions on the season—in just two games.

4. (6) New York Jets: 6-2
    Santonio Holmes saved the Jets in Detroit with his catch and run in overtime.

5. (1) New England Patriots: 6-2
    We don’t usually see the Patriots get physically pushed around like they did on the road in Cleveland.

6. (7) New Orleans Saints: 6-3
    The Saints still have issues on offense, but that defense can carry them on a mid-season run.

7. (8) Green Bay Packers: 6-3
    After battling through injuries, the Packers now look like the favorite to win the NFC North.

8. (10) Atlanta Falcons: 6-2
    The Falcons are quietly playing good football in the NFC South—and have the 6-2 record to show for it.

9. (14) Philadelphia Eagles: 6-2
    Andy Reid moved to 12-0 coming off of the bye week, and Michael Vick might be playing the best football of his career.

10. (5) Indianapolis Colts: 5-3
    We can’t count out the Colts with Manning under center, but the injuries are starting to catch up with Indy.

11. (11) Tennessee Titans: 5-3
    We think Randy Moss is an upgrade for the Titans—if Jeff Fisher can get him to play hard.

12. (15) Oakland Raiders: 5-4
    Tom Cable is going to receive some votes for Coach of the Year if his Raiders keep winning football games.

13. (17) San Diego Chargers: 4-5
    Too early to call Philip Rivers the favorite to win the MVP award? Not if the Chargers keep winning.

14. (11) Miami Dolphins: 4-4
    Chad Henne needs to protect the ball if the Dolphins want to stay relevant in the AFC East.

15. (12) Kansas City Chiefs: 5-3
    Going three-and-out to start the OT period in Oakland buried the Chiefs.

16. (18) Chicago Bears: 5-3
    Lovie Smith’s defense made plays to close out the Bills, but the schedule isn’t pretty for the Bears in the second half of the season.

17. (16) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: 5-3
    Tough loss at Atlanta, but we think the Bucs and Josh Freeman will be around all season in the NFC South.

18. (13) Houston Texans: 4-4
    The Texans have dropped two straight and we have to start questioning the play of their defense.

19. (23) Minnesota Vikings: 3-5
    Brett Favre’s(notes) comeback win against the Cards quieted the drama in Minnesota for one week—but does it last?

20. (27) Cleveland Browns: 3-5
    The last two wins for Eric Mangini’s club: New Orleans and New England.

21. (19) Washington Redskins: 4-4
    It wouldn’t be right unless the ‘Skins had some controversy to deal with during the middle of the season.

22. (20) Jacksonville Jaguars: 4-4
    Can David Garrard continue to produce in the second half of the season for the Jags?

23. (21) St. Louis Rams: 4-4
    The NFC West is wide open for the Rams and rookie QB Sam Bradford.

24. (24) Detroit Lions: 2-6
    The Lions lost the lead—and their quarterback—at home to the Jets.

25. (22) Seattle Seahawks: 4-4
    The Seahawks have lost their last two games by a combined 74-10 score.

26. (25) Arizona Cardinals: 4-4
    Playoff teams close out opponents in the 4th quarter—which Arizona couldn’t do against the Vikings.

27. (26) Cincinnati Bengals: 2-6
    Terrell Owens played like a Pro Bowler on Monday night—but the end result was the same for the Bengals.

28. (29) San Francisco 49ers: 2-6
    Let’s see how long Troy Smith holds onto that No.1 job out in San Fran.

29. (28) Dallas Cowboys: 1-7
    Firing Wade Phillips is one way to hide the embarrassment of the Cowboys 2010 season.

30. (30) Denver Broncos: 2-6
    Josh McDaniels could be coaching for his job in the second half of the season.

31. (31) Carolina Panthers: 1-7
    Time to start the offseason draft prep out in Carolina.

32. (32) Buffalo Bills: 0-8
    Another blown opportunity for this Bills team in the fourth quarter—and another loss.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu..._rankings_4850

Threads : 82
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: NFP Power Rankings

It is amazing how bottle necked the top half of the league is. This is the closest thing to parity we have seen. The playoff spots may come down to tie breakers rather than records. Also, I guess I haven't been paying attention. The Giants looked horrible in the first few weeks. I haven't seen a game with them since then. Crazy ****. Where were they in the power rankings a few weeks ago?

Threads : 60

Quote Originally Posted by Beezy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is amazing how bottle necked the top half of the league is. This is the closest thing to parity we have seen. The playoff spots may come down to tie breakers rather than records. Also, I guess I haven't been paying attention. The Giants looked horrible in the first few weeks. I haven't seen a game with them since then. Crazy ****. Where were they in the power rankings a few weeks ago?

Giants are for real. They have really gotten their **** together since week 1 and 2. I look for them to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. Not sure if anyone is going to move the ball on that defense.

Threads : 91

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy View Post
    Giants are for real. They have really gotten their **** together since week 1 and 2. I look for them to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. Not sure if anyone is going to move the ball on that defense.
    Despite the Giants being for real and being the best of the NFC, they are probably the 5th or 6th best team in the NFL behind the top AFC teams. Beating up on other weak NFC teams just doesn't mean much.

Threads : 135

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Despite the Giants being for real and being the best of the NFC, they are probably the 5th or 6th best team in the NFL behind the top AFC teams. Beating up on other weak NFC teams just doesn't mean much.
    I dont think this this close to correct. Look at the top 5 teams in the AFC:

Pittsburgh
    Baltimore
    New York Jets
    New England Patriots
    (then way further down the list is Indianapolis)

The Giants I think easily handle 3 of those 4 teams and 4 of the 5. Baltimore would struggle against the D of the Giants...the Patriots would get pushed around as well...and the Jets Sanchez would hand the game away against the likes of the Giant's front 7. The Steelers would have to fight to have a chance to win.
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

Threads : 91

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112 View Post

Pittsburgh
    Baltimore
    New York Jets
    New England Patriots

The Giants I think easily handle 3 of those 4 teams and 4 of the 5. Baltimore would struggle against the D of the Giants...the Patriots would get pushed around as well...and the Jets Sanchez would hand the game away against the likes of the Giant's front 7. The Steelers would have to fight to have a chance to win.
    I don't know, when I look at the teams they have played I can see several AFC teams dominating as easily as the Giants did. Not to mention that Eli is waaaaaaaaay over-rated.

Threads : 135

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    I don't know, when I look at the teams they have played I can see several AFC teams dominating as easily as the Giants did. Not to mention that Eli is waaaaaaaaay over-rated.
    Yeah well we won with Batch and a great D...and the Giant's D is for REAL!
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

Pittsburgh
    Baltimore
    New York Jets
    New England Patriots

Ben, I agree with everything you said. The Giants could possibly be playing the best right now and is probably the most balanced team in the league. On a neutral field I think they would be favored against all the AFC teams. Our offensive line would get run over by their defensive line. Ben might not finish the game if we played tomorrow. One thing the Giants have been doing lately is delivering the kill shots on these teams they should be beating. On the teams we should be beating we are holding on for dear life. Big difference.

Well every week there is a new clear top team. Now is not really the best time to be peaking unless you can keep it going like that but usually it ends up with an early playoff loss.

Threads : 102

Pittsburgh
    Baltimore
    New York Jets
    New England Patriots

Ummmm... Indy already crushed the Giants 38-17.

Sorry. It was 38-14.

And this "great" Giants defense also allowed the Cowboys to put up 35 on them. Most of those coming on the mighty arm of John Kitna.

They´ve beaten powerhouses such as Detroit, Seattle, Carolina, Dallas, Chicago and Houston.

Let´s not ooh and ahh over them just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by beerman View Post
    Ummmm... Indy already crushed the Giants 38-17.
    That's correct. The first 3 weeks they really didn't have their act together. After they beat the living crap out of the Bears on primetime they have been on a serious roll. Their next true test will be @ PHI in two weeks.

Sorry. It was 38-14.

And this "great" Giants defense also allowed the Cowboys to put up 35 on them. Most of those coming on the mighty arm of John Kitna.

They´ve beaten powerhouses such as Detroit, Seattle, Carolina, Dallas, Chicago and Houston.

The Ravens also gave up 34 points to the Bills at home so I guess that defense sucks too?

Let's not forget Dallas was still in it and had their backs against the wall, Romo started the game, it was primetime, emotions were high and they were playing at home.

Even though they gave up 35 points the Giants managed to win the game. Someone lights us up for 35 points it's game over with our offense.

Sorry. It was 38-14.

Oh wow yeah I am not impressed sry.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy View Post
    The Ravens also gave up 34 points to the Bills at home so I guess that defense sucks too?

Let's not forget Dallas was still in it and had their backs against the wall, Romo started the game, it was primetime, emotions were high and they were playing at home.

Even though they gave up 35 points the Giants managed to win the game. Someone lights us up for 35 points it's game over with our offense.
    So using your logic, Dallas was able to score 35 against this so-called great D because their backs were against the wall and emotions were running high. But, if the Steelers were in that same situation they wouldn´t experience those emotions and wouldn´t keep playing to win?

As far as the Ravens D is concerned, no they are not that great. If you look, they´ve been regressing every week. Outside of last week when they held Miami to 10. But, that was more because Miami flat-out sucked. So much that just 2 hours ago they named Chad Pennington their new starting QB.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information