Thread: Yahoo Article

Threads : 77
    Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Yahoo Article

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl-284566

Hey, even yahoo is laughing.

I'm not so disappointed after last night's game. The team showed they can play with the best of them and outplay Boston. Now it's just about stopping those meltdowns.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Yahoo Article

The aerticle itself was alright. The problem with it is that it's just generic summation that we all can see. The problem is that nobody knows why.

But... in the Article I thought that this quote from Brooks Orpik was dead on..

I asked defenseman Brooks Orpik(notes) the other day if he liked the prospect of giving Fleury a run of games, an idea team captain Sidney Crosby seemed to endorse earlier this week.

"Well, I'm sure everybody has their own opinion in here, and it doesn't really matter, 'cause there's one guy who's going to decide whether or not (Fleury) is playing," Orpik said. "I don't know if there's a right or wrong answer, to be honest. Maybe you throw him in there and he gets his confidence back by playing that much. The flipside of it: [HIGH-LIGHT]What if you put him put back in there and he continues to struggle and we miss the playoffs by two points? Then you kind of sit here and kick yourself and say, 'Maybe we should have let him work through it in practice earlier on.'[/HIGH-LIGHT] "
    I'm tired of listening to people whine and cry about MAF because I personally cannot stand fan boys/girls of players. The team comes before individual players and MAF's play this season has not helped the TEAM and that is more important than his fragile mental side or confidence. He's 26 years old and doesn't need a pacifier or someone to hold his hand. He doesn't need the sympathy of a bunch of internet dwellers because sympathy doesn't make you produce better results. That's the bottom line. MAF needs to produce better results when he gets his chance to start. He hasn't done that not once this season. He's not had a good game once this season and for that reason you cannot baby him and coddle him in hopes that he'll regain his confidence despite struggles that could last who knows how long.

MAF should get the next start tomorrow night against Tampa Bay. He needs to have a strong game. He can't give up that questionable "soff" goal. He can't have mental lapses. He needs to make that save or this save that Defensive lapses lead to that can shift momentum... He needs to [perform like a $5 million per year ELITE goaltender, not some 2nd year 22 year old in early stages of development
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 0

Default Re: Yahoo Article

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The aerticle itself was alright. The problem with it is that it's just generic summation that we all can see. The problem is that nobody knows why.

But... in the Article I thought that this quote from Brooks Orpik was dead on..

I'm tired of listening to people whine and cry about MAF because I personally cannot stand fan boys/girls of players. The team comes before individual players and MAF's play this season has not helped the TEAM and that is more important than his fragile mental side or confidence. He's 26 years old and doesn't need a pacifier or someone to hold his hand. He doesn't need the sympathy of a bunch of internet dwellers because sympathy doesn't make you produce better results. That's the bottom line. MAF needs to produce better results when he gets his chance to start. He hasn't done that not once this season. He's not had a good game once this season and for that reason you cannot baby him and coddle him in hopes that he'll regain his confidence despite struggles that could last who knows how long.

MAF should get the next start tomorrow night against Tampa Bay. He needs to have a strong game. He can't give up that questionable "soff" goal. He can't have mental lapses. He needs to make that save or this save that Defensive lapses lead to that can shift momentum... He needs to [perform like a $5 million per year ELITE goaltender, not some 2nd year 22 year old in early stages of development
    Right on Kipper but this should not be for Fleury alone there are several veterans who need to expierance some tough love.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information