Thread: Back to San Jose: Belated notes from Cincinnati

sjdrewk

Default Back to San Jose: Belated notes from Cincinnati

I apologize for getting to this so late, practically up against the Patriot game. Just recently became under the weather. I am just recovering:

Quick Hits:

1. I brought the Weather with me. It felt like I never left San Jose. Brought my huge Stiller jacket for this one. It ended up just being extra baggage. the connecting city which was Atlanta, was colder.

2. American Airlines airbuses have more seat room and leg room whereas Delta's seats are crammed together; however Delta has better customer service. But customer service really doesn't make up for things when the old man seated next to you for a 4:30 hour flight passes gas in his sleep.

3. Nky got lucky. But he already knows this. lol

4. Les is more....more or Les.

5. Ky moonshine is disgusting.....says the San Jose-ean after downing 20 maraschino Cherries soaked in Shine.

6. Cincy, the Queen City, home of the fierce jungle- never met more cordial enemy fans. I guess living in the bay area I am used to Raider fans, which 75% of them are convicted felons....half of them are my friends- stabbing you and smoking weed.! Bungle fan= Harmless, tame house kitties. lol

7. Video cammed two Bungle fans getting into a fight with one another...of course nothing happened- sissies don't actually throw hands. I could swear they wanted to hug it out.

8. During the game I wondered how Chad Johnson will handle no longer being the man in Cincy. Of course the answer to that is with all the class in the world.

9. I think I heard James Farrior's name echoing over Paul Brown stadium at least 51 times. The old man played a great game.

10. Les is definitely more...not only was he interviewed on the local Pittsburgh abc affiliate he managed to get on ESPN with Nky. Salute to my Tavern bros!

11. Les' childhood fantasies are coming to fruition: last year at our Tavern Bros annual Bungle Bash, he meets one of his most cherished hero's, Ed ******tte. This year he had the honor of sharing his plane ride back home to the wonderful city of Philadelphia with his idol Ron Jaworski. What more can a Les ask for? Andy Reid?

12. Last year the Stiller to Bungle fan ratio was 45%/55%. This year it was 30-35%/65-70% Bungle fan.

13. Bunglebash 2010 disappointment: To not have Nky's apple brat.

14. Bungle Bsh 2010 Disappointment #2: planned on gaining 15 lbs- lost 3lbs.

15. Highlight: Seeing Nky and Les in front of an ESPN camera! Way cool.

16. From Friday to Tuesday, I amassed 6 hours of sleep. The sign of a great weekend!

17. Traveled 5000 miles. Nky's Shrimp and stuffed mushrooms made it worth every mile traveled.

18. What happens in Nky's Stiller den, stays in Nky's Stiller den......simply because no one can really remember or we'd tell you. There are rumor's that there is photo evidence of what exactly did happen; which has been summarily destroyed. There are witnesses, we are currently searching them out.

19. Ky Moonshine, Sake, Hpnotq, Rumplminz, this licorice type stuff that I do not remember the name of, some Peruvian somethinerrother, Bud Select and other unknown adult liquids beverages were kicked into play over the weekend.

Drunken Wii bowling. The Olympic sport of the future!

20. I thought I was watching the same game as last year toward the end. Deja vu... It was all too familiar. I said the exact same thing I did last year, I said to myself, "well this play decides if I go home happy or real ****ed."

21. Although the Bungles are 2-6, I still contend the most underrated squad in the NFL resides in Cincinnati: The Cincinnati Ben Gals.

22. Random Stiller fan quote of the day: "Bye WEEK!"

23. Things said to me/about me by random Stiller and Bungle fans:

a. " Hey Look its Franco!"

b. Steelers fan sitting next to me- to his wife:" Wow are seats are way up here"....."At least I get to sit next to Troy Polamalu."

c. A Random Bungle fan chick" Dude, you smell like fresh laundry!"

d. Little young random punk after getting into a scuffle with Nky at halftime:"You don't look like his brother."

e. ABC local tv reporter after our interview was over: " Who is #12 for the Steelers?"

f. Random female Stiller' fan: "Who wears #12 for the Steelers?"

24. Nky says this might be the Tavern Bros last Bungle Bash.

25. Last year a broken foot, this year it's a knee! We're on a roll.

26. 5000 miles, $700 in airline tickets, $300 in kennel fees, 160 in vet bills, 120 dollars in souvenirs, 80 dollars in house sitting fees, 100 dollars in Airline food, and a 45 dollar cab fare......my first **** in the Cincitucky woods....Priceless!!!!

See you next year!

(Note: My thanks to NKY, his wife Brenda, her friends Wayne and Alice and to Nky's father and Brother in law and of course to Les and my gf for one of the best weekends of my life!) Next time no drinking for me.

Threads : 6

Default Re: Back to San Jose: Belated notes from Cincinnati

Sounds like a good time.
    Except for the knee injury. Someone better tell some of those guys to keep off thier knees.

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by sjdrewk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    8. During the game I wondered how Chad Johnson will handle no longer being a man in Cincy. Of course the answer to that is with all the class in the world.
    There, got that for ya!

Sounds like a good one out there for you. Rock on!
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Threads : 164
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This is the kind of indepth reporting that I admire!!!!!!!!!
    "ARRRGGHHH THERE WILL BE MUTTON TONIGHT!" Said the Troll

Threads : 48
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by sjdrewk View Post

18. What happens in Nky's Stiller den, stays in Nky's Stiller den......simply because no one can really remember or we'd tell you. There are rumor's that there is photo evidence of what exactly did happen; which has been summarily destroyed. There are witnesses, we are currently searching them out.
    All I have to say is THANK THE LORD that footage was destroyed!!!Wow......just.......wow!!!!

sjdrewk

Quote Originally Posted by Big Fan View Post
    Sounds like a good time.
    Except for the knee injury. Someone better tell some of those guys to keep off thier knees.
    It was awesome, BF.....makes me wonder who and what will be injured next time. lol

sjdrewk

Quote Originally Posted by War Machine View Post
    There, got that for ya!

Sounds like a good one out there for you. Rock on!
    -thanks for the get, war!

• Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information