Thread: So...Do the Browns have a better coaching staff than the Steelers?

Threads : 49

Default So...Do the Browns have a better coaching staff than the Steelers?

The title says it all. Who has more talent - The Steelers or the Browns? That answer is obvious. Now who is the better coached team? Look at what happened last week when the Browns played the Pats, look at what happened tonight. Look at the week before when the Browns played the Saints. Look at today when the Browns almost beat the Jets.

I've said it a number of times on here - Lebeau's pass schemes are outdated in today's NFL. Anyone want to agree with me, yet?

And I'm still trying to figure out what exactly Tomlin brings to this team as a head coach. He's done some positive things but nothing that really stands out.

Arians is a horrible OC, nothing new there.

The coaching on this team remains the biggest concern, IMO, and tonight was a painfully perfect example of that.

Threads : 137
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: So...Do the Browns have a better coaching staff than the Steelers?

The game is quickly passing Lebeau by. I don't know if it's because of his recent induction into the HOF - maybe he feels he's accomplished his lifes work at this point and is thinking more about retirement than game planning, but clearly this defense is playing well beneath it's capacity.

Clearly.

Bruce Arians should have been kicked off of the team years ago. The only, ONLY reason he's here is because Ben gets along with him. Period, and that's pathetic.

It's Tomlin's team now and if the Rooneys will not allow him the tools (ie: coaches) that he needs to succeed, he needs to think about if this is the right fit for him. If the coaching staff is what it is, then Mikey, as HEAD COACH needs to be sure that - both offensive and defensive coaches are performing at max capacity. They are not, and Tomlin fully owns that.

He has plenty of time at this point to get this team and coaching staff in order. It is not in order right now and there is nobody else to point the finger at than the head coach.
    Write drunk, edit sober - Ernest Hemingway

Threads : 91

I am not sold that LeBeau's decline is because the game is passing him by. Ever since Tomlin came on board, LeBeau's D has different looks, we go in to prevent waaaaaaaay too early, we pull our pass rushers back in coverage, etc.

This could be LeBeau forgetting what got him here or it could be Tomlin telling LeBeau what to do.

Given the fact that Tomlin has the worst OC in the game right under his nose and does nothing about it, given the fact that the "Steelers" have been outcoached in most of the games in the last year and a half, given the fact that the "Steelers" are often flat, I am going to lean toward Tomlin ****ing it up for us!

Threads : 60

I am not sold on Mangini yet but I am sold on Rob Ryan. I think it took a couple of games but it looks like the Browns are starting to buy into whatever he is selling. For years the Raiders always had a decent defense under Ryan but the offense was horrible under Jamarcus. Now that the Browns are showing some offense they are starting to look respectable in part because of Ryan.

I would love to see him come over as the Steelers defensive coordinator or even head coach. My guess is he is offered the head coaching job in Cincy after this year.

Threads : 691

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am not sold that LeBeau's decline is because the game is passing him by. [HIGH-LIGHT]Ever since Tomlin came on board, LeBeau's D has different looks, we go in to prevent waaaaaaaay too early, we pull our pass rushers back in coverage, etc.[/HIGH-LIGHT]This could be LeBeau forgetting what got him here or it could be Tomlin telling LeBeau what to do.

Given the fact that Tomlin has the worst OC in the game right under his nose and does nothing about it, given the fact that the "Steelers" have been outcoached in most of the games in the last year and a half, given the fact that the "Steelers" are often flat, I am going to lean toward Tomlin ****ing it up for us!
    Brady carved the Steelers up long before Tomlin came aboard,in fact last nights game reminded me of the 04 A.F.C. Championship game.
    Are these morons getting dumber or just louder-Mayor Quimby

Quote Originally Posted by buccoray61 View Post
    Brady carved the Steelers up long before Tomlin came aboard,in fact last nights game reminded me of the 04 A.F.C. Championship game.
    Stone is making a general statement about the demise of our pass rush and pass coverage you are pointing to one game. I don't remember the Browns carving us up, or the Raiders, or the Chiefs, or the Bengals they way they are doing now under Tomlin.

Threads : 20

Speaking of D--- any Troy P sightings yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    I am not sold that LeBeau's decline is because the game is passing him by. Ever since Tomlin came on board, LeBeau's D has different looks, we go in to prevent waaaaaaaay too early, we pull our pass rushers back in coverage, etc.

This could be LeBeau forgetting what got him here or it could be Tomlin telling LeBeau what to do.

[HIGH-LIGHT]Given the fact that Tomlin has the worst OC in the game right under his nose and does nothing about it, given the fact that the "Steelers" have been outcoached in most of the games in the last year and a half, given the fact that the "Steelers" are often flat, I am going to lean toward Tomlin ****ing it up for us![/HIGH-LIGHT]
    [HIGH-LIGHT][/HIGH-LIGHT]

Although, I think Lebeau still needs a good bit of blame as well. The NFL is different than it was 10 years ago, but Lebeau is still running pretty much the same exact defense. It works at times but the cracks are most definitely showing against certain teams like last night.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy View Post
    I am not sold on Mangini yet but I am sold on Rob Ryan. I think it took a couple of games but it looks like the Browns are starting to buy into whatever he is selling. For years the Raiders always had a decent defense under Ryan but the offense was horrible under Jamarcus. Now that the Browns are showing some offense they are starting to look respectable in part because of Ryan.

I would love to see him come over as the Steelers defensive coordinator or even head coach. My guess is he is offered the head coaching job in Cincy after this year.
    I'm not sold on Mangini, either, I was more making a point about the ineptitude of the Steeler coaches. I agree about Ryan as well. That is the new defense for today's NFL. Steelers would wise to adapt to some of that in terms of pass coverage.

Threads : 18

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetchuck View Post
    The game is quickly passing Lebeau by. I don't know if it's because of his recent induction into the HOF - maybe he feels he's accomplished his lifes work at this point and is thinking more about retirement than game planning, but clearly this defense is playing well beneath it's capacity.

Clearly.

Bruce Arians should have been kicked off of the team years ago. The only, ONLY reason he's here is because Ben gets along with him. Period, and that's pathetic.

It's Tomlin's team now and if the Rooneys will not allow him the tools (ie: coaches) that he needs to succeed, he needs to think about if this is the right fit for him. If the coaching staff is what it is, then Mikey, as HEAD COACH needs to be sure that - both offensive and defensive coaches are performing at max capacity. They are not, and Tomlin fully owns that.

He has plenty of time at this point to get this team and coaching staff in order. It is not in order right now and there is nobody else to point the finger at than the head coach.

Threads : 18

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy View Post
    Stone is making a general statement about the demise of our pass rush and pass coverage you are pointing to one game. I don't remember the Browns carving us up, or the Raiders, or the Chiefs, or the Bengals they way they are doing now under Tomlin.
    your right, bellicheat and brady have been putting it to the steelers since cowher. lebeau just isn't as good as a defense cord as we want to believe or as advertised. bellicehat and brady own him. and so does most patriot recievers. the proof is in the win lose column and stats.

Threads : 122

Totally agree with this thread. I thought I was watching a re-run of every other beat down the Pats laid on us in this decade.

I think it is time for the Steelers to find their identity. They have none right now and haven't for a while.

As I said in another thread....Tomlin can't defend his ****ty defense saying the passing yards teams put up are meaningless, its the points that matter, then defend Arians saying look how many yards his offense put up even though they are below average putting the rock in the endzone. Tomlin is an idiot that talks a whole lot, but doesn't say a **** thing.

Maybe Rooney should unleash hell on the whole staff and shake things up. If this is continuity, it kind of blows and has created a stagnant atmosphere. Firing the dumbass kicker isn't going to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Totally agree with this thread. I thought I was watching a re-run of every other beat down the Pats laid on us in this decade.

I think it is time for the Steelers to find their identity. They have none right now and haven't for a while.

As I said in another thread....Tomlin can't defend his ****ty defense saying the passing yards teams put up are meaningless, its the points that matter, then defend Arians saying look how many yards his offense put up even though they are below average putting the rock in the endzone. Tomlin is an idiot that talks a whole lot, but doesn't say a **** thing.

Maybe Rooney should unleash hell on the whole staff and shake things up. If this is continuity, it kind of blows and has created a stagnant atmosphere. Firing the dumbass kicker isn't going to do it.
    Now yards are meaningless? That explains our offense then.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information