Thread: some perspective

Threads : 183

Default some perspective

Folks if the bengals make another pass here and there and if the falcons WR's hold onto the ball in Week #1 and if we do not get that TD call against dolphins we could be staring at 3-6 very easily. Not to mention the late titans almost comeback.

IMO we rely way too much on big plays to Wallace and Mendy. Not that those are not good but a lot of our big chunk yardage from any games in which Ben plays are the playground -- gee my first read is not there so I'm going to run with it and try and throw someone open -- type of plays. We have very few long sustained drives. On 3rd and 2 near goal line last night we refuse to go up the middle with Legursky and Johnson and Redman why I'll never know. Note if we had lost the bengals game this board would be lit up with a lot more negativity. I think we should feel pretty happy about being 6-3. I mean Ben is 3-2. Just too many timely turnovers and injuries.

Threads : 60

Default Re: some perspective

Well one thing, the Pats never lose to the same team twice so maybe if we do make the playoffs and have to face them we, won't have that strike against us.

The facts are, Lebeau can't handle Tom Brady and his offense.

Bellicheat knows they can pass on a Lebeau defense.

Patriots were always more physical than the Steelers.

Bellicheat owns the Steelers.

Threads : 691

Note if we had lost the bengals game this board would be lit up with a lot more negativity.
    I don't know,it seems pretty negative now.
    Are these morons getting dumber or just louder-Mayor Quimby

Threads : 150
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by steel0710 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Folks if the bengals make another pass here and there and if the falcons WR's hold onto the ball in Week #1 and if we do not get that TD call against dolphins we could be staring at 3-6 very easily. Not to mention the late titans almost comeback.

IMO we rely way too much on big plays to Wallace and Mendy. Not that those are not good but a lot of our big chunk yardage from any games in which Ben plays are the playground -- gee my first read is not there so I'm going to run with it and try and throw someone open -- type of plays. We have very few long sustained drives. On 3rd and 2 near goal line last night we refuse to go up the middle with Legursky and Johnson and Redman why I'll never know. Note if we had lost the bengals game this board would be lit up with a lot more negativity. I think we should feel pretty happy about being 6-3. I mean Ben is 3-2. Just too many timely turnovers and injuries.

The Jets have been very lucky with a few plays so far this year to be 7-2. The Pats had to sweat out a missed fg against SD and a couple plays from Balt to be 7-2.

I guess the bottom line is that any team is a couple plays away from a better or worse record than they truly have.

Threads : 691

I guess the bottom line is that any team is a couple plays away from a better or worse record than they truly have.
    That's very true. I remember reading some coach,(I can't remember who) saying the difference between 10-6 and 6-10 is suprisingly small,maybe a handful of plays.
    Are these morons getting dumber or just louder-Mayor Quimby

Threads : 18
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

i realize all that you guys are saying and i think or look at things that way myself but, at some point when your the big dog you, knock the stuffings out of a team on your home field. the patriots made fools of the steelers and as i watched the game, the steelers looked like a lost bunch that was very much out played and out classed. not too many times do i feel our steelers didn't look better or at least equal to their opponents but, they sure looked like punks last night.

Threads : 183

Quote Originally Posted by BATMAN View Post
    i realize all that you guys are saying and i think or look at things that way myself but, at some point when your the big dog you, knock the stuffings out of a team on your home field. the patriots made fools of the steelers and as i watched the game, the steelers looked like a lost bunch that was very much out played and out classed. not too many times do i feel our steelers didn't look better or at least equal to their opponents but, they sure looked like punks last night.
    To me being at the game. They seemed to have very little spark almost as if they were physically tired from the MNF game against the bengals. with no travel this week I hope they respond against the raiders.

Threads : 140
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by steel0710 View Post
    To me being at the game. They seemed to have very little spark almost as if they were physically tired from the MNF game against the bengals. with no travel this week I hope they respond against the raiders.
    Let's hope the classy troglodytes in the stadium actually can cheer for them this time instead of boo them.

Sometimes, I think the steelers would be better off if they played a complete road schedule. They'd still get about 45,000 fans a game, and they would be real fans that are there to support them.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information