Thread: Moving forward

Threads : 407
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Moving forward

Well all the fireworks are over with the Reed deal....we have analyzed and over analyzed the Pats loss..way longer than the players did I am sure, they forgot about it Monday...so we need to also...we aren't going to solve anything anyways with our suggestions...MT isn't listening. So on to the next game...a subject that really matters as compared to our opinions of the last game.

The Raiders had a bye, ended up tied for 1st place in their division not even taking the field. They have had plenty of time to prepare...hopefully our players have short term memory. A piece from a Raiders blog with their headcoach talking about prepping for us:

Q: What did you send home with the guys, DVDs, playbooks, what?

Cable: Some information. Some guys asked for it, some guys didn’t, some guys (got) stuff on Wednesday as group, different groups, really just to keep their minds in what we’re doing, more than anything. But the thing we wanted to accomplish, which we did, was to get them refreshed, kind of get them away from football a little bit, too.

Q: How much of a head start did you get on the Steelers game?

Cable: “We’re in good shape that way. We introduced kind of their favorite things, what they are offensively, as well as defensively, Wednesday. And then we got to see them play again last night against a very good New England team. So, that was kind of the talk this morning, just being around the guys, was pretty much everybody watched that game last night. Then, today you have it on film. We spent a good amount of time in meetings today with film.

Well last week I declared the game as a defining point for our season...after the loss... this game is even more of one.

Threads : 407
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Moving forward

Asomugha unsure if he’ll face Steelers
    By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
    Monday, November 15th, 2010 at 1:49 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Raiders cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha spent his bye week at the club facility rehabbing and said he doesn’t know if he’ll ready to to face the Steelers Sunday in Pittsburgh.

“I don’t know yet, but I’m moving around so that’s fine _ that’s good,” Asomugha said Monday during an open locker room session with the media.

Asomugha said his injury wasn’t the dreaded “high” ankle sprain which can take several weeks to heal, but noted, “it wasn’t high, but it wasn’t normal. I sprained it both ways, inside and out . . . so it was pretty serious.”

Initially, Asomugha was concerned about the rest of the season.

“I was pretty worried when it happened because I hadn’t felt that type of pain before,” Asomugha said. “Then they said there were no bone breaks or anything like that so I felt better. But it’s the most significant injury that I’ve had since my rookie year. Anything that forces me to miss a game is something that I think is serious.”

Asomugha said he didn’t know if he would practice Wednesday . . .

More to come . . .

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraider...face-steelers/

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information