Thread: Interesting Take on Marte

Threads : 66
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Threads : 5
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Interesting Take on Marte

Lee

Thanks for the link. For whatever reason, I have not seen this page. Looks informative for our prospects and best of all, it seems objective (at least the link you shared). I also liked the two small "what if" scenarios with Pujols and the Martinez & Visquel stories intertwined.

Threads : 135
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The situation changes if you are trading prospects for prospects though. Consider a possible trade where you would give up Marte and Hanrahan for Matt Garza...now Garza isn't a "prospect" but he is a 26 year old starting pitcher who has a world of talent.

Trading for "veterans" is always an interesting move...moreso because it matters how "veteran" they are.
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

Threads : 66
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Geo....lots of stuff in Bucsp.com. Its my favorite site as the articles are written by either ex-scouts or part time scouts....with a Bucco slant.

However, be forewarned...they don't think Sanchez will ever be more than an average C with above-average as his ceiling....maybe.

I like their honesty....hope they're wrong about a few things, but.....

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Have not really become a fan of Bucs Prospects yet (not to be confused with Pirates Prospects). Especially after their horrible, inaccurate Article on baseball finances that wasn't worth the time it took to read it. Maybe that's why they are scouts and not in management. would've thought though that scouts would have a better understanding of how baseball's economics worked than what these guys displayed. Call me "disappointed"

The link itself was a good story or good read. fun to read about all of those players unfortunately it gave such a tiny about of detail and actually a generic response and reasoning as to why MArte in his eyes is just a future 4th OF'er that it felt like the title of the blog article should've been something different. Consider he spent most of the article talking about how a team needs to know it's talent better than anyone, the title didn't really reflect the body

Did like the flashback stories though. I had completely forgot about Smoltz and the Tigers
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information