Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FLAG FOOTBALL would be an improvement!!!!

Threads : 32
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default FLAG FOOTBALL would be an improvement!!!!

I swear to God, this may be the LAST FOOTBALL GAME I EVER WATCH concerning the NFL.........TWO TERRIBLE PENALTIES, (roughing the passer on Woodley and ??? helmet to helmet or late hit? on Clark)

Is this the NFL now???????

Both penalties were TOTAL BULL****!!!!!!!!

Can we even touch another player now or should we just wear flags???? I think they should all wear skirts from how I see the refs calling this ****in game...

****in GAY NFL it is.............
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Signature by Viz...and in memory of him, Bill Shanaberger 1939-2010

Threads : 20
    Sports Logo

Default Re: FLAG FOOTBALL would be an improvement!!!!

I'm waiting for another league to start up where they're not under NutSack Goodell's thumb.

12 penalties now........and the last one was on the "no fumble" when we pulled someone off the pile...?????!!!!!!!!!?????????

Crowd is chanting....REFEREES SUCK!!!!!!!!!

...AND THEY DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS NOT THE NFL, THIS IS ***** ****IN GAY NERFBALL TAG...
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Threads : 1632

Big Ditto here too guys

Iv'e never been this disgusted after a Steeler win. WTF!

Hey Roger just wanna say...

Last edited by Skeeter; Nov-21-2010 at 03:58 PM.

Threads : 49

It's a sad day when a great win is completely overshadowed by horrible officiating. It's like - what's next?

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by JerryGlanville View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's a sad day when a great win is completely overshadowed by horrible officiating. It's like - what's next?
    In some respects it's overshadowed, but for the moment (until I watch the game again) I'll think of it as a big win despite the officiation, which adds to the cachet of the result.
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Threads : 102
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Definitely a black mark on the game as a whole. But, I wonīt let it overshadow the win. We were able to destroy the Raiders despite all the bull**** working against us. See it as a victory for the win column and a victory for character.

Threads : 49

I think it's overshadowed for me because it's getting to the point where I can't even enjoy football with all these bull**** calls. It is literally ruining the enjoyment of watching the game. If every game going forward is like this (which is entirely possible) what's the point?

Don't get me wrong, I'm still enjoying the win, but ****, Goodell is doing his ****edest to ruin it.

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think it's overshadowed for me because it's getting to the point where I can't even enjoy football with all these bull**** calls. It is literally ruining the enjoyment of watching the game. If every game going forward is like this (which is entirely possible) what's the point?

Don't get me wrong, I'm still enjoying the win, but ****, [HIGH-LIGHT]Goodell is doing his ****edest to ruin it.[/HIGH-LIGHT]
    It certainly feels that way to me. This has to be sorted out.
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Threads : 102
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Don't get me wrong, I'm still enjoying the win, but ****, Goodell is doing his ****edest to ruin it.
    I understand. And I agree that itīs ****ing ridiculous. I mean, when you have Dan Fouts calling out the refs for ****-poor calling, you know something is awry. Just hope this gets fixed ASAP.

I might just watch golf or fly fishing next Sunday....It MUST be better than what I witnessed as far as fair sportsmanship.,.....
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Threads : 440

Even More Analysis: Steelers Overcome Penalties, Whip Raiders 35-3

Posted on November 21, 2010 by ryan

First things first: good teams overcome atrocious officiating. Iím always blathering on about how the refs donít matter Ö but good god, man. It started early with the silly roughing the passer penalty on LaMarr Woodley and by the end of the day the Steelers had been penalized 14 for 163 yards. And still won by 32 points.

The game was over by halftime. In fact, I thought Oaklandís best chance to compete involved Bruce Gradkowski under center but by the time Jason Campbell was pulled early in the third quarter the game had pretty much been decided.

Whatever, Iíll take the 35-3 beating, and like Pats fans last week, will happily announce that my team is back. Itís a nice feeling, especially since I was starting to think there was something to this Curse of 6-3. Instead, Big Ben got his first big lopsided win of 2010 and he did as much damage with his feet as he did with his arm.

And with that, onto some other random observations:

* Weíve been talking about this since preseason and today, for the first time, Manny Sanders and Antonio Brown got a hat. Sanders dropped a nice Big Ben pass on the second possession but hauled in a nifty touchdown in the second quarter. Brown also had a big catch for 21 yards and a punt return for touchdown that was (rightly) called back for two blocks in the back. But more than that, Brown gives the Steelers something they havenít had since Randle Elís first stint in Pittsburgh: a punt returner who can do more than fair catch. Itís refreshing to think that the Steelers are actively trying to improve the special teams instead of hiding it. (By the way, how far has Tony Hills fallen on the depth chart that heís inactive on game day when the Steelers have the motliest offensive line in tackle football? Answer: the next move will involve him cleaning out his locker and getting a part-time job with Skippy at the Monroeville Sheetz.)

* Despite the rotating door that has become the Steelers o-line, they collectively did a swell job of keeping Ben upright. Richard Seymour saying ďEff it, Iím going to the locker room for some hot wings, Iíll see you guys in a couple hoursĒ right before halftime certainly helped, and the Raiders rushing four most of the afternoon did too. But weíve seen the fat five guys in front of Roethlisberger struggle in similar situations in the past.

* I hesitate to even write this because injuries are obviously random. Either way, here goes: the Steelers have to stop getting hurt. Thatís all there is to it. Weíre at the point where Pittsburgh will be signing o-linemen off the street. Of course, as JJ points out on a weekly basis, having a roster full of C- linemen isnít a bug, itís a feature.

* As happens every Sunday, my buddy texted me during the game. He made a good point after Ikeís pick-six was called back because Deebo tackled Jason Campbell in an intimidating manner: that interception and touchdown could cost Taylor a trip to the Pro Bowl. Not only has he earned it, heís quietly having one of his best seasons in the NFL. But more than that, I wouldnít be surprised if the Steelers, half joking, put an incentive clause in Taylorís last deal that paid him $10 million dollars for a interception returned for a touchdown. So thanks, Tony Corrente. You just cost Ike his eight-figure bonus.

* More special teams love: Anthony Madison was downfield and in the punt returnerís face on every punt that I can remember. And if he wasnít in on the play he did his part, maintained his lane, and let his teammates clean up. Iím beginning to think that Bob Ligashesky was basically the Steelersí version of Creed Bratton.

per Steelers Lounge request, please click on link below to read rest of article:

http://www.steelerslounge.com/2010/1...p-raiders-353/

Good post Jerry....and good article by Hawaiian..........

I can only say, and my Steeler friends agree....WE SHOULD ALL START A FUND TO HELP WITH FINES........help pay Harrison, Woodley, and whomever's fines....we could only raise a few bucks, but its the symbolism and the solidarity of Steeler Fans that we can show our disgust for the way the league is being run now...and we can show our appreciation to our best defensive players and encourage them to play FOOTBALL....THE WAY FOOTBALL IS MEANT TO BE PLAYED....
    STEELER FOOTBALL....and we can all contribute something to keep it goin........

Kipper or NKy would have to organize the "donations", but I sure am willing to contribute to a "Steelers Fine Fund".........

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Threads : 52
    Sports Logo

I hope all the ref.s in this game are fired tomorrow-they tried everything to make a lose....

My fear....Honest to God....is that THIS is the NEW NFL....!!!!!!!!! Every week from now til I die, there will be calls like this so that there are "no head injuries" EVEN THOUGH WE HIT NOONE IN THE HEAD....or that there are "no flagrant hits on the QB"...EVEN THOUGH WE BARELY TOUCHED THE ****IN GUY and got called...Harrison HAS TO BE ****ED OFF!!! WOODLEY TOO!!!

Christ, my WIFE hits me harder than that comin down the hallway.....I give her a shout, but WTF, nothing an NFL QB shouldn't be able to handle...****in ***** as he might be.......

Anyway, I am still disturbed by the "referees" in this game...It is as bad as when Morelli called that Indy/Steelers game and Polamalu was robbed and they threw a brick thru his window...
    THESE GUYS DESERVE THE SAME....IMHO..............
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information