Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So will God-ell now suspend James Harrison?

Threads : 440

Default So will God-ell now suspend James Harrison?

So will God-ell now suspend James Harrison for being a "repeat repeat" offender after Deebo's perfectly clean hit on Jason Campbell?

Threads : 1632
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: So will God-ell now suspend James Harrison?

What's to stop him? No consequences for the commish cheating are there?

Hey Goodell...

Last edited by Skeeter; Nov-21-2010 at 03:45 PM.

Threads : 691

Goodell reminds me of that great Al Bundy quote,he doesn't know the difference between a woman's breast and a football,because he never touched either one.
    Are these morons getting dumber or just louder-Mayor Quimby

Threads : 20
    Sports Logo

Goodell's a NutSack

Quote Originally Posted by Blackandgold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Goodell's a NutSack

Goodell's NutSack in Spiderman pants...

Threads : 206

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Goodell's NutSack in Spiderman pants...

Please tell me that's not the new Nike "Total Combat" Bengals uniform?

Harrison, Steelers defense rout Raiders 35-3

PITTSBURGH (AP) -- The Steelers returned to the Steel Curtain days of the 1970s. The Raiders went back to the bad old days of the last seven years.

There were punches and penalties, a Steelers defense that wouldn't stop and a Raiders offense that couldn't get started. One week after getting embarrassed by the Patriots, a year after losing to Oakland, James Harrison and the Steelers tossed around the Raiders like it was a playground pickup game while beating them 35-3 on Sunday.

Raiders defensive end Richard Seymour punched Ben Roethlisberger in the jaw with an open hand, but the Steelers never flinched. They shrugged off a club-record 163 yards in penalties, chased a bewildered quarterback Jason Campbell from the game and punished the Raiders like the Steel Curtain teams of the '70s did so many opponents.

The Steelers (7-3), still tied with Baltimore for the AFC North lead, were motivated by last week's 39-26 home-field loss to New England and last year's 27-24 defeat to Oakland that all but ruined their season.

"It definitely was an old school, physical type game from back in the day," linebacker James Farrior said. "That's the type of game we wanted to make it, a physical game, and improve from our performance of last week."

Harrison, the former AP NFL Defensive Player of the Year, did much of the damage with five tackles, two sacks, an interception and a forced fumble. He also took one of the Steelers' six personal foul penalties for slamming Campbell to the turf as the quarterback threw a pass.

"We didn't worry about the calls," Harrison said. "When you're getting a lot of penalties against you, it brings you together."

Seymour, long one of the NFL's top defensive players, displayed Oakland's frustration by striking Roethlisberger in the face as the quarterback celebrated his TD pass to Sanders late in the second quarter.

"I've never seen a quarterback get punched since I've been in this league," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said.

Several Raiders were certain Roethlisberger said something to Seymour.

"I'm not sure why he ran up on me," Seymour said.

"I heard that Big Ben said something," defensive lineman Tommy Kelly said. "I guess Big Rich didn't like it."

What the Raiders (5-5) most disliked was getting shoved around like the Raiders teams that lost at least 11 games each season from 2003-09. Oakland fell out of a tie for the AFC West lead as Kansas City (6-4) beat Arizona 31-13.

Oakland averaged 458 yards and 38.6 points during its three-game winning streak, but had only 52 yards - 11 rushing - as the Steelers opened a 21-3 halftime lead.

"We played against a really tough defense today that got after us," said Campbell, who was 7 of 19 for 70 yards and an interception. "Once we got behind the 8-ball and they got all the momentum, they just kept bringing it and bringing it."

Campbell never had a chance against a Steelers defense that forced three turnovers, two that became touchdowns, had six sacks and limited Darren McFadden to 14 yards on 10 carries, 94 below his average. The Steelers have allowed only one 100-yard rusher in 44 games.

The Raiders were so ineffective, the Steelers had more penalty yards than they had offensive yards until deep in the third quarter. The Steelers outgained them 431-182 as Roethlisberger threw touchdown passes of 52 yards to Mike Wallace , 22 yards to Emmanuel Sanders and 16 yards to Isaac Redman and scrambled 16 yards for a touchdown.

"I don't know how a team can overcome that many penalties, but we did it," Sanders said.
    Roethlisberger was 18 of 29 for 275 yards and had 55 yards rushing. Wallace had his fifth 100-yard receiving game with 116 yards, and Rashard Mendenhall 's 15-yard TD run put Pittsburgh ahead to stay 7-3 in the second quarter.

Bruce Gradkowski , who threw three touchdown passes during the final 8 1/2 minutes of Oakland's stunning win in Pittsburgh last season, replaced Campbell but also couldn't get anything going.

While the penalties didn't affect Pittsburgh's domination, the many calls inflamed their fans. The Harrison penalty so upset the crowd of 64,987 that it booed for the ensuing three plays, and fans began a derisive cheer aimed at referee Tony Corrente.

"Their defensive guys were hitting our offensive guys and there were no penalties," Harrison said. "I believe if it happened the other way, there would have been a lot more penalties called and maybe they would have kicked five or six of us out of game."

Notes: Oakland had 55 yards in penalties. ... Oakland's other defensive end, Trevor Scott , tore the ACL in his left knee, usually a season-ending injury. ... Steelers C Maurkice Pouncey was pulled in the second half with a thigh injury. ... WR Hines Ward made three catches for 28 yards a week after a concussion sidelined him for the final three quarters against New England, ending his streak of 186 consecutive games with a reception. ... Oakland still hasn't won in Pittsburgh in successive seasons. ... Pittsburgh didn't allow a point in the second half after giving up 29 to New England. ... Shaun Suisham , the Steelers' new kicker, didn't attempt a field goal.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...078_recap.html

Roger Goodell HATES James Harrison

By Justin Meiser. Published on 11/22/2010

The issuance of this week’s NFL fines from the Commissioner’s Office taught me one thing. Roger Goodell absolutely hates James Harrison. Harrsion, star linebacker for the Pittsburgh Steelers, has been fined repeatedly this season and in previous seasons for what are deemed to be illegal hits in the field of play. Harrison has been fined more than any other player this season accruing $100,000 in fines for “Helmet to Helmet” hits.

Mind you, each and every one of Harrison’s hits occurred in the field of play, between the whistles. I believe most are warranted, not because they’re cheap shots or dirty plays, but because Harrison is either too dumb, too stubborn, or both to adjust the way he hits. He clearly leads with his head down, not seeing his target, which is incredibly dangerous for him and for his target. He’s made a big deal out his fines as he doesn’t understand what he can do differently and even feigned retirement. But it’s clear to me that as long as he continues to lead with his head down, he’ll continue to get fined. All he has to do is hit with his head up and actually see his target.

But even so, each hit is within the field of play and clearly during the play, not after the whistle. Compare this to Richard Seymour‘s outburst against Harrison’s teammate, Ben Roethlisberger. Seymour took out his frustrations for the Raiders beat down by the Steelers on Big Ben’s face with a semi punch right in Ben’s grill after the play. If anything, a blatant hit to the head of a star QB, AFTER THE PLAY would draw the attention and punishment of the league office.

It did draw some attention to the league office, but not all that much. Seymour was fined $25,000 compared to the $50,000 fine issued earlier in the year to Harrison and others. So does Roger Goodell just hate Harrison that much? Is he THAT irritated with Harrison’s stubborn behavior and retirement threats?

I definitely think someone in the NFL League Office has a big problem with James Harrison. I don’t know if it’s Goodell himself or one of his advisors. But they seem dead set on sending repeated messages to Harrison to correct his behavior and tackling technique.

Who knows… maybe Goodell decided to take it easy on Seymour because he saw the ridiculous Vlade Divacs-esque flop by Big Ben…

Maybe Goodell knows Big Ben deserved much worse than that after his repeated abuse of drunk co-eds over the past few years…

Maybe the bounty that co-eds across the nation put on Big Ben’s head extended to the Commissioner so he would take it easy on Seymour…

http://www.clevelandleader.com/node/15306

Threads : 137
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm becoming disenfranchised with the NFL.

I'm really losing interest, it's becoming more like the WWF every day.
    Write drunk, edit sober - Ernest Hemingway

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I thought that 2nd paragraph was ****ing atrocious until I saw at the bottom that the article was from Cleveland and realized that someone that covers the Browns doesn't know what tackling looks like
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 407

it's only fitting that he does..... after 92 commented that Seymour should...but only got fined.

I can hear Goddell now.....(from Cool Hand Luke)...."What We've Got Here Is A Failure To Communicate"...and.... "Ya got ya mind right, James?"

Harrison is a natural born world shaker.....lmao.
    Last edited by bleedBnG58; Nov-22-2010 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    I thought that 2nd paragraph was ****ing atrocious until I saw at the bottom that the article was from Cleveland and realized that someone that covers the Browns doesn't know what tackling looks like

good point!

Threads : 70
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    good point!

well-played sir!!!
    Hidden Content Chuck Norris wears Steelers Pajamas!!!

Threads : 407

Quote Originally Posted by bleedBnG58 View Post
    it's only fitting that he does..... after 92 commented that Seymour should...but only got fined.

I can hear Goddell now.....(from Cool Hand Luke)...."What We've Got Here Is A Failure To Communicate"...and.... "Ya got ya mind right, James?"

Harrison is a natural born world shaker.....lmao.
    Goodell..."Suppose you’s to back-sass?"
    Harrison... "No I won’t… I won’t… I got my mind right!"..."you got my wallet right"

Harrison looking at another fine?

November 22nd, 2010

The agent for James Harrison said he expects to hear Tuesday whether the Steelers outside linebacker has been fined a fourth time by the NFL this season.

Harrison has already accumulated $100,000 in fines for three separate plays, and he was flagged for roughing the passer in the Steelers’ 35-3 win against the Raiders.

His hit on Raiders quarterback Jason Campbell seemed downright tame compared to the ones that ultimately delivered pretty significant hits to the three-time Pro Bowler’s check book.

Still, Bill Parise, who represents Harrison, is bracing for yet another fine.

“I think it’s possible,” Parise said, “particularly because it’s James. There’s going to be some money spent in that game.”

Indeed, Raiders defensive end Richard Seymour will and should get at least a hefty fine for slugging Ben Roethlisberger after the Steelers quarterback threw a touchdown pass.

The second man in, left guard Chris Kemoeatu, is also certain to get fined for hitting Seymour in defense of his quarterback.

Outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley said after the game that he too is expecting a fine after getting called for roughing the passer.

The roughing the passer calls on Woodley and Harrison were questionable and the personal foul penalty that free safety Ryan Clark drew for a helmet to helmet hit was simply a blown call.

Per NFL rules, the Steelers have the right to ask Carl Johnson, the NFL’s vice president of officiating, to give them his opinion on any calls they question.

http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-t...medium=twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information