Thread: Hines Ward questions NFL's discipline

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Hines Ward questions NFL's discipline

Nov 25, 2010
    Hines Ward questions NFL's discipline of Richard Seymour for punching Ben Roethlisberger
    USA Today
    - Arin Karimian

Steelers players aren't happy with the NFL's punishment of Raiders DL Richard Seymour after he sucker-punched their QB, Ben Roethlisberger.

Seymour was ejected from the Week 11 game and fined $25,00o by the league. Steelers locker room leader Hines Ward is among those who expressed disappointment with the NFL.

On Tuesday night, Ward said on his WDVE radio show in Pittsburgh that Seymour would have been suspended if he had punched Colts QB Peyton Manning or Patriots QB Tom Brady. Ward declined to repeat that comment with the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette but did say, "You're not being consistent with all the fines and the calls."

Roethlisberger also weighed in when asked if a punch on Manning or Brady would receive harsher punishment.

"I know where you're going. We all know the answer to that one. Easy."

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...lers-raiders/1
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 5
    Sports Logo

Default Re: Hines Ward questions NFL's discipline

I agree with them, it needed saying. Shame it won't make the blindest bit of difference.

Threads : 440

Cutting ties with Ward wouldn't be wise move for Steelers

By Mark Kaboly, TRIBUNE-REVIEW
    Sunday, November 28, 2010

They cut their all-time leading sacks leader and their all-time leading rusher to go along with two of their most productive linebackers.

They had no interest in bringing back the best center they ever had, the best guard they ever had and even one of their best receivers.

So if the Steelers can cut Jason Gildon, Franco Harris, Greg Lloyd and Joey Porter and were not interested enough to bring back Mike Webster, Alan Faneca or Louis Lipps, they wouldn't hesitate to let go of Hines Ward.

The Steelers pride themselves in knowing when the proper time it is to part ways with a player near the end of his career.

Will the offseason the time they need to make the decision with Ward?

Ward, who owns virtually every single receiving record in Steelers history, is having the least productive season of his 13-year career.

He has only 33 catches and 403 yards through 10 games and is on pace for his lowest numbers since 2000. Over the past four games, Ward has a mere nine catches for 53 yards. It appears Father Time has caught up with the future Hall of Famer.

Ward will have three years remaining on his contract after the season and the organization can save substantial amount of money if they make a clean break with him after the season.

It is something the Steelers have to consider, and history proves they would make the move if they deem it in the best interest of the organization.

But it's not in their best interest.

Even if Ward isn't having one of his best years, he still has good years left in him, even if he looks a step slow and appears to have a difficult time getting open.

The Steelers can't discount how much he means to the organization outside of football, and as long as he can still perform at a productive level, he has to be afforded the opportunity to remain with the organization now and for the near future.

Here's hoping the Steelers feel the same way.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...s_711286.html#

Threads : 22

Sometimes I think writers write columns now for blog material, not for real content.

As much as Hines runs his mouth too much for me at times, I think it would be stupid to get rid of him. His $$ are as much for leadership as production. Just ask Wallace.

As far as Seymour, I'm in agreement with the whole lack of consistency with discipline.

Threads : 48
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by moneytalks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sometimes I think writers write columns now for blog material, not for real content.
    I thought the same thing after reading that.Article was completely pointless,IMO.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information