Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 44

Thread: tough win-gameball

      
  1. #1
    CROSSBONES's Avatar
    Status : CROSSBONES is offline
    Rank : All-Pro
    Join Date : Oct 17, 2009
    Posts : 4,412
    Threads : 215
    Last Online : Aug-15-2016 @ 06:32 PM

    Default tough win-gameball

    I thought they wore out Mendy early..........should have used the other backs a touch more. Hines had a good game as did Miller. Game ball Palamalu

  2. #2
    CROSSBONES's Avatar
    Status : CROSSBONES is offline
    Rank : All-Pro
    Join Date : Oct 17, 2009
    Posts : 4,412
    Threads : 215
    Last Online : Aug-15-2016 @ 06:32 PM

    Default Re: tough win-gameball

    Cheap call on Harrison too!

  3. #3
    Medea's Avatar
    Status : Medea is offline
    Rank : Waterboy
    Join Date : Oct 18, 2009
    Location : Boston, UK
    Posts : 175
    Threads : 5
    Last Online : Apr-19-2017 @ 03:49 AM
    Sports Logo

    Default Re: tough win-gameball

    I personally give the gameball to Suisham. No matter how bad the rest of the team screwed up, he kept his head and won us the game. Everyone else lost it at least once.

  4. #4
    Palmetto Steel's Avatar
    Status : Palmetto Steel is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 9, 2009
    Posts : 23,379
    Threads : 3263
    Last Online : Nov-30-2015 @ 06:36 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: tough win-gameball

    Quote Originally Posted by CROSSBONES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cheap call on Harrison too!
    Disagree.... It was a legit call since he led with his head....
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

  5. #5
    DCBILL's Avatar
    Status : DCBILL is offline
    Rank : 1st Stringer
    Join Date : Oct 18, 2009
    Posts : 1,787
    Threads : 277
    Last Online : May-06-2013 @ 07:41 PM

    Default Re: tough win-gameball

    It's hard to ignore 5 40+ yard FGs, while the rest of the team was showing their butts (weak O-line play, no pass rush).

    Game ball to Suisham.

  6. #6
    Palmetto Steel's Avatar
    Status : Palmetto Steel is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 9, 2009
    Posts : 23,379
    Threads : 3263
    Last Online : Nov-30-2015 @ 06:36 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: tough win-gameball

    Quote Originally Posted by DCBILL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Game ball to Suisham.
    Agreed..... "Swiss Ham" gets it from me as well......
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

  7. #7
    Kipper's Avatar
    Status : Kipper is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 8, 2009
    Posts : 67,323
    Threads : 1817
    Last Online : Apr-25-2017 @ 08:36 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: tough win-gameball

    Suisham for sure gets the game ball. None of those were easy kicks and he made them all. We needed every single one of those kicks as well,. On a day where we needed the kicker to be flawlessly perfect since the Defense was failing against the incredible duo of Fitzptrick/Jackson and our Offense couldn't put up 6's against a defense allow 80 points per game on average. suisham was.

    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard


  8. #8
    BlackNGoldRules's Avatar
    Status : BlackNGoldRules is offline
    Rank : Hall Of Famer
    Join Date : Nov 9, 2009
    Location : Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts : 7,065
    Threads : 126
    Last Online : Sep-22-2012 @ 11:27 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: tough win-gameball

    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Disagree.... It was a legit call since he led with his head....
    Sorry man, but I still have to disagree with you, and I've looked at it again multiple times since it occured. That tackle was directly to Fitzpatrick's chest. His head only followed the momentum of the tackle. For his head not to make any contact with Fitzpatrick would of required Harrison to lean his head back in the process of trying to tackle him. And it's hard for a guy's helmet to not make contact with the other guy, no matter where his head is on a play, when the other guy is taller. That's my opinion looking at it anyway.

  9. #9
    Kipper's Avatar
    Status : Kipper is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 8, 2009
    Posts : 67,323
    Threads : 1817
    Last Online : Apr-25-2017 @ 08:36 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: tough win-gameball

    Quote Originally Posted by DCBILL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's hard to ignore 5 40+ yard FGs, while the rest of the team was showing their butts (weak O-line play, no pass rush).

    Game ball to Suisham.
    To be fair, this O-Line play is going to continue to stink while it's this injured. Scott and Foster shouldn't be starting but they are and there's a lot of confusion often with the line in protection it appears due to the lack of chemistry because of injuries. The OL is going to be an issue until it gets healthier.

    Buffalo was smart going to a spread formation. New England does it and we can't stop it. We can't generate the needed pressure from a base 3-4 that's needed which exposes us. We can blitz but it leaves an easy underneath option. LeBeau and Tomlin need to really find a solution to this because it's been eating this pass defense up for a long time now.
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard


  10. #10
    Kipper's Avatar
    Status : Kipper is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 8, 2009
    Posts : 67,323
    Threads : 1817
    Last Online : Apr-25-2017 @ 08:36 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: tough win-gameball

    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Disagree.... It was a legit call since he led with his head....
    I disagree. First, his head is always going to be out there first. That's how the human body is made. Most tackles are made exactly how Harrison made that one that was called. Shoulder made contact as well. It's virtually impossible to not make a tackle in which your head is not out in front as you are lunging after a player. Perhaps in Roger Goodell's perfect world where everything is either an arm tackle or shoestring tackle this can be changed but when you add in moment, leaving your feet, lunging etc... for players, the head is going to be involved and often times in the lead.

    It was one thing to penalize for head to head which is subjective in itself, it's another to now make a judgment callon how a tackle is being performed after the tackle is made and then inconsistently tagging them as penalties and to the next extent fines.
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard


  11. #11
    Palmetto Steel's Avatar
    Status : Palmetto Steel is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 9, 2009
    Posts : 23,379
    Threads : 3263
    Last Online : Nov-30-2015 @ 06:36 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: tough win-gameball

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackNGoldRules View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry man, but I still have to disagree with you, and I've looked at it again multiple times since it occured. That tackle was directly to Fitzpatrick's chest. His head only followed the momentum of the tackle. For his head not to make any contact with Fitzpatrick would of required Harrison to lean his head back in the process of trying to tackle him. And it's hard for a guy's helmet to not make contact with the other guy, no matter where his head is on a play, when the other guy is taller. That's my opinion looking at it anyway.
    I just recanted my statement in another thread.... I agree with you after re-watching the play...
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

  12. #12
    Kipper's Avatar
    Status : Kipper is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 8, 2009
    Posts : 67,323
    Threads : 1817
    Last Online : Apr-25-2017 @ 08:36 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: tough win-gameball

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackNGoldRules View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry man, but I still have to disagree with you, and I've looked at it again multiple times since it occured. That tackle was directly to Fitzpatrick's chest. His head only followed the momentum of the tackle. For his head not to make any contact with Fitzpatrick would of required Harrison to lean his head back in the process of trying to tackle him. And it's hard for a guy's helmet to not make contact with the other guy, no matter where his head is on a play, when the other guy is taller. That's my opinion looking at it anyway.


    I just pretty much made the same comment. That's the way I see it as well. This selective bull**** by the refs and commissioner is starting to get very old. Someone was mentioning that it looked like the ref had the flag out before Deebo even made the tackle just assuming that since it was Deebo they could penalize it or "should" penalize it as t is probably in a memo from Goodell
    s office
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard


  13. #13
    exNCite's Avatar
    Status : exNCite is offline
    Rank : Hall Of Famer
    Join Date : Oct 12, 2009
    Location : Wall, New Jersey, United States
    Posts : 5,589
    Threads : 413
    Last Online : Jul-14-2017 @ 06:36 PM

    Default Re: tough win-gameball

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackNGoldRules View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry man, but I still have to disagree with you, and I've looked at it again multiple times since it occured. That tackle was directly to Fitzpatrick's chest. His head only followed the momentum of the tackle. For his head not to make any contact with Fitzpatrick would of required Harrison to lean his head back in the process of trying to tackle him. And it's hard for a guy's helmet to not make contact with the other guy, no matter where his head is on a play, when the other guy is taller. That's my opinion looking at it anyway.
    I disagree too. Watching the replay closely, you could see the official in the background reaching for his flag BEFORE Harrison even touched the QB. When he saw it was 92 he already had made his mind up that a penalty was going to be called.

    The officiating in the NFL, or at the very least, what the officials are ordered to call is a disgrace.

    And to the subject, it has to be our new hero kicker.
    Last edited by exNCite; Nov-28-2010 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Sorry Kip. Posted this before I even got to your comment.

    POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON!

  14. #14
    BlackNGoldRules's Avatar
    Status : BlackNGoldRules is offline
    Rank : Hall Of Famer
    Join Date : Nov 9, 2009
    Location : Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts : 7,065
    Threads : 126
    Last Online : Sep-22-2012 @ 11:27 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: tough win-gameball

    Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    I just pretty much made the same comment. That's the way I see it as well. This selective bull**** by the refs and commissioner is starting to get very old. Someone was mentioning that it looked like the ref had the flag out before Deebo even made the tackle just assuming that since it was Deebo they could penalize it or "should" penalize it as t is probably in a memo from Goodell
    s office
    Harrison + Hard hit on QB + QB getting back up slowly = Personal Foul and fine on Harrison no matter how clean a hit it was......just seems that way at this point anyway! Give props to Harrison for continuing to somehow play through this bull****, and still play physical too. It has to be messing with his head big time every week!

  15. #15
    jleisele58's Avatar
    Status : jleisele58 is offline
    Rank : All-Pro
    Join Date : Oct 17, 2009
    Location : Greensburg, PA
    Posts : 4,353
    Threads : 85
    Last Online : May-08-2017 @ 04:30 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: tough win-gameball

    im gonna split the gameball between Suisham and Stevie Johnson. For a second i thought that we were in a folgers commercial and we switched Johnson with Limas Swede, lets see if they notice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •