Thread: I really hope this defense plays like Ryan Clark says it will this Sunday

Threads : 49

Default I really hope this defense plays like Ryan Clark says it will this Sunday

That's pretty much all I'm hoping for this Sunday (besides a win of course). Clark "tweeted" that the defense is going to go all out in protest of the bull**** fines and flags this team and Harrison has had to endure this year. I want to see this defense completely knock the **** out of the Ravens and in the process give the finger to Goodell, the NFL and the officials. And yes, I don't care if I see 4 or 5 personal penalties in this game. In fact, I think I might be a little disappointed if it doesn't happen. Maybe the Steelers can set a new record for most personal foul penalties in a game.

Threads : 82
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: I really hope this defense plays like Ryan Clark says it will this Sunday

This scares me a little bit tbh. They need to just play to win the game. I'd love to see them knock the Ravens into next week but not ftl. Keep eyes on the prize plz

Threads : 1632
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: I really hope this defense plays like Ryan Clark says it will this Sunday

I'd like to see fans in the stands on national tv mocking God-ell and his goons.

Threads : 440

Ready for a physical game

By Teresa Varley - Steelers.com
    Posted Dec 2, 2010

The last time the Steelers and Ravens played, wide receiver Mike Wallace felt the aches and pains the next day.

He doesn’t expect it to be much different this time around.

“Guys really hit hard out there,” said Wallace. “It’s a physical match, Baltimore and Pittsburgh, two names that self-define how physical the game is going to be. Guys on this team take it to another level. I am excited about it.”

Players have been asked all week about the rivalry, two teams with the same record going against each other, prime time slot, and playing for first place in the AFC North. Wallace loves it all.

“I don’t think it gets any better than this,” said Wallace. “This is what you want. It’s for everything. You wouldn’t want it any other way. You work every day to prepare for games like this. I am excited about it.

“Everybody knows the seriousness of the game and how much it means to us to stay ahead in this division. We need to win this ball game.”

One thing Wallace knows the offense will have to key on this week is the whereabouts of Ravens safety Ed Reed, who can be a game-changer. Reed didn’t play in the game earlier this season when the Ravens won 17-14, but will be on the field this Sunday at M&T Bank Stadium.

“He is a ball hawk. You have to watch him,” said Wallace. “He knows where the ball is. He is waiting. When he picks it off he can take it all the way for six.

“You can’t take chances with a guy like that. It’s like us having Troy (Polamalu). When you have a guy that talented it makes their defense that much better. You have to watch him.”

http://www.steelers.com/news/article...b-011548075266

Threads : 164
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

So they Raven's whine about having to Play prime time games in Pittsburgh so the next two years in a row we have to play them in Baltimore.

Guess next year will be the same.
    "ARRRGGHHH THERE WILL BE MUTTON TONIGHT!" Said the Troll

Threads : 440

LaMarr Woodley Is Getting His Hurries

Posted on December 4, 2010 by JJ

Maybe LaMarr Woodley has been more effective than we think.

On the Ravensí preview podcast, Ryan, Gretz and I mentioned how we hoped Woodley would have a big game against the Ravens, and how heíd seemed somewhat disappointing as a pass rusher.

But that was before I saw these stats. Football Outsiders has a team of volunteers that chart each and every game. And among their stats they log are quarterback hits, hurries and who induces holding calls.

According to FOís stats, Woodley is fourth in the league in quarterback hurries this year in addition to his 6.5 sacks. Through the first 10 games of the season, Woodley is averaging 2.4 hurries per game. James Harrison is averaging 1.8 hurries per game (tied for 15th in the league).

Harrison also ranked third in the league in holding penalties induced (six this season) and he ranks in the top 20 in quarterback hits.

If Pittsburgh is going to beat the Ravens, they need Harrison and Woodley to keep Joe Flacco uncomfortable. Itís something they have managed to do in the past, and they will be helped by the fact that Michael Oher is banged up. The player Iíll be watching is Woodley ó if he can beat Marshal Yanda consistently, it will go a long way toward beating Baltimore.

http://www.steelerslounge.com/2010/12/woodley-hurries/

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information