Thread: Steelers-Daniel-Sepulveda-tore-his-ACL

Threads : 1632
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Steelers-Daniel-Sepulveda-tore-his-ACL

Steelers' Daniel Sepulveda tore his ACL

Punter out for the season Aaron Wilson
    December 06, 2010, 01:42 AM
    http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...e-his-ACL.html

BALTIMORE -- It was a costly victory for the Pittsburgh Steelers over the Baltimore Ravens, losing punter Daniel Sepulveda for the season with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee.

Sepulveda was able to hold for field goals in the second half, but won't play again this year.

He'll need surgery and the Steelers will need to sign a new punter once he's placed on injured reserve.

This is the second time that Sepulveda has tore his ACL, suffering the same injury two years ago.

He was replaced as the punter by kicker Shaun Suisham after he injured his knee Sunday night. Sepulveda had been averaging 45.5 yards per punt this season.

"Danny has got an ACL injury, that's unfortunate of course," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said. "He wanted to help his teammates. He was able to hold for the remainder of the game. Respect him for that. Of course, we've got to get that looked at and fixed."

Besides quarterback Ben Roethlisberger breaking his nose on a Haloti Ngata hit, offensive tackle Flozell Adams left the game with a high ankle sprain and tight end Heath Miller suffered a concussion on a crushing tackle from inside linebacker Jameel McClain.

"A laundry list of injuries," Tomlin said. "Ben's got a broken nose. He's going to be fine other than the discomfort that comes with that. I'm sure there will be more bumps and bruises. It always is when these two teams come together."

Meanwhile, the Ravens lost tight end Todd Heap on their first play from scrimmage when he injured his hamstring and left the game in the first quarter. He was replaced by rookie Ed Dickson.

"It took us out of one package, so it wasn't a killer," Ravens coach John Harbaugh said. "We stayed healthy with the rest of the stuff that we did. I thought the young tight ends did a pretty good job for us. After Ed dropped the first pass, he made some plays for us."

Follow me on Twitter: RavensInsider

Threads : 60

Default Re: Steelers-Daniel-Sepulveda-tore-his-ACL

Too bad about his injury, I wonder who is up next for the position. Our kicker Shuisham/Shazam did really well in my opinion of punting when needed. If it wasn't for the yellow flag on Lewis he, would have had one in the five yard line.

Threads : 407
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Steelers-Daniel-Sepulveda-tore-his-ACL

The real shame for him is...same injury as 2 years ago...and he is to become a free agent. Hard to consider giving him a big contract if there is no lock out.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information